Patch Notes 27.7.X10.3 - The Rise of Deca

adding insult to injury for my ninja death…

Ah, I’m late to everything as usual. Let’s start judging what Deca did in this update, shall we? The number ratings are what I think of the decision.

1. The fake announcements: I actually thought that the first one was real, cause it wasn’t too crazy, so I was like “hm, interesting” and then I saw the second one and I was like “wait, what?” then I saw the third one and that was when I realized it was fake. Pretty funny though. 79/100

2. Guild ban: Yeah, that’s not a very good name for your guild. 87/100

3. Dungeon chest events: Yes… they’re back. When Deca said that the UDL event was going to be the “Dungeon of the Week”, I looked forward to more chest events, but they didn’t do it afterwards. I’m glad Deca is bringing it back and I hope to see it more often. 96/100

4. Belladona’s: In my entire RotMG life, I’ve never been into a Belladonna’s garden, and I hope to get some pots and reskins inside this dungeon now. 87/100

5. New winter reskins: They probably look sick, but too be honest we have enough item reskins. What I don’t like is that these will probably never be announced again, so players with them in the future will likely have the only versions of these reskins, and they would be cool and stuff. That’s pretty nice, but I don’t think it’s good if we have like 1000 items in the future and they are all extremely rare. 35/100

6. Snowflakes token feeding: Good, that way it’ll be useful to players who can’t collect 50 of these. 94/100

7. New skins for valentines and mardi gras: Wow, we seriously don’t need any more skins. I know these are nice, but we don’t need so much. Deca has released at least 100 skins by now I’m assuming. 9/100

8. Cem minibosses invulnerability: This is great because void blade ninjas won’t instakill all the minibosses. Makes it actually fair. 98/100

9. Davy jones: I don’t do a lot of Davy Jones’ Lockers, but I heard that he gets steamrolled. This should help prevent that. 79/100

10. Tiered bow buff: Eh… This is good because they will actually become used, this is bad because it makes it too similar to cbow. 57/100

11. Leaf bow buff: Leaf bow was horrible, but now it’s too good (Just check the DPS chart). I’m glad Deca is thinking about buffing it, but I think they overdid it. 70/100

12. Katana buff: This will make ninja better, so definitely good. A doku is like a great bullet on a weak gun, and now it’s an okay bullet on an okay gun, after the nerf, so it’s good. The buffs on the other katanas are agreeable. 94/100

13. LoD Buffs: I made a post about possible buffs to the LoD items, and I’m so glad Deca decided to buff it (even though they probably didn’t look at my post). This makes LoD’s sort-of worth it now, so I’m really glad. 87/100

14. Crystal/Frozen Wand buff: Sure, why not. It’s not like I’ll ever get one anyways. 76/100

15. Doom Circle buff: Um, no. It’s the Midnight Star that needs the buff. 20/100

At first I thought this was serious and i’m like “wtf??” then i slowly start to realize it’s a joke xD

They probably thought of this only recently, after a lot of people complained about not being able to acquire all 50 tokes. But yeah, they could have saved it for the next set of tokens.

I’m pretty sure they only added 2 vitality and 2 wisdom to Doom Circle to bring up to par with others tier 6 abilities.

I quite like the balance changes. Thank you very much @Aiaiaiai and @Scorchmist for providing us with tables and graphs.

yes, i agree, but did you read the AMA a while ago. This is a incredible way for them to earn $$$ without making it too much P2W[quote=“Cenamuch, post:63, topic:5619”]
makes it too similar to cbow
[/quote]

i think they should’ve swap the roles, and have cbow as 3 shot (but buff it slightly to make it worthwhile to get). And have the teiered as 2 shots.

Nice!

Even though apparently the focus of these balance changes was to bring forth tiered items that were outclassed by their untiered counterparts, it just hit me: they didn’t touch on scepters. Maybe they’re leaving abilities for a later patch? This is, after all, as they put it, “The Rise of Deca”, so perhaps we should be getting more balance changes in the next months.

Or maybe they just think scepters are fine they way they are now. I must stop getting my hopes up.

Every scepter except fulmi needs a buff.

I think so too. That’s why I mentioned them on my post.

So Leaf bow is now the best bow at low def xD

I told you Deca would take over, you didn’t listen. :pensive:

#Hail Deca!

Hey, what did that person say? HERETIC!

#Hail Deca!