Patch Notes 27.7.X6 - Content Returns! - Hotfix 10/12/2016

Please find below the patch notes for version 27.7.X6. The long awaited release of new content has arrived! There are 2 new dungeons, 1 new encounter, 7 new pieces of gear, 1 new character skin, and 2 new consumables. A big thank you to the community contributors for your assistance in this update. We hope you enjoy!

New:

The Hive

• There is a new quest in the mid-plains which gives you entry to this low-mid tier dungeon!
  • Here you can rarely find Dexterity Potions and a new sweet consumable.
  • Rarely drops a new UT Orb and UT Scepter.

Toxic Sewers

• This new mid-high tier dungeon can be found in the mountains, look for gods of the slime variety!
  • Here you will find Defense Potions.
  • Rarely drops a new UT Katana and UT Poison Now and then the very rare and new Slurp Knight Skin will creep up on you as well!

Puppet Master’s Encore

• He his back and he is angry. Craig might know the way to this dangerous new boss encounter.
  • Here you will mainly find Attack Potions and… some kind of box.
  • Rarely drops a new UT Crossbow and UT Prism There is also a very rare new Jaco Pet Skin!

Updated Drop Changes on Existing Enemies:

Abyss of Demons

• Defense Potions are no longer guaranteed.
  • Improved Vitality Potion drop distribution.

Stone Guardians

• Defense Potion drop chances have been increased.

Janus the Doorwarden

• Now mainly drops Attack Potions, in addition occasional Defense Potions and there is also still a small chance to get Vitality Potions.
  • Increased quality of tiered gear drops.
  • Rarely drops a new UT Shield!

Notes:

Craig will always open the Puppet Master’s Encore, but he will be able to bring back the Lair of Shaitan in the near future!

The Hive

Bottled Honey

Bee Egg

Puppet Master’s Encore

Toxic Sewer

Cross post from /r/rotmg

Hotfix 10/12/2016

After collecting feedback and analyzing player behavior (and having some
additional goes at the new content ourselves!) after our big changes,
we’ve decided to apply some small tweaks which should improve your
experience!

Puppet Master’s Encore:

• Moved player spawns further away from the wall to prevent players getting stuck
  • Increased player limit for the Court of Oryx and the Puppet Master’s Encore

Toxic Sewers:

• Increased likelihood of dungeon drop
  • Improved Defense Potion drop distribution, slightly reduced EXP gain

Abyss of Demons:

• Slightly increased Defense Potion drop chance

The Hive:

• Increased quest spawn and likelihood of dungeon drop

Other:

• Added feed power to soulbound skins and pet skins which were still missing it

I liked the game before [DECA]
Whats the new farming method?
Return the guaranteed Defense potion drop to abysses
Abyss of Demons Discussion
Reconstruction Teasers
[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

I was watching for these to come down, so of course I miss it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. Moved to announcements.

Holy crap…

So glad I have a crap ton of defs stored…

Gonna hopefully check the new stuff tomorrow.

A little concerned about the Abyss change though. Vitality potions are quite useless/worthless with a good enough pet, Abyss is definitely the most difficult out of all the “basic” dungeons, was a decent place to get fame and pots, now it seems like a waste of time, cause even godlands farming will give better profit.

Seems a little weird to chase people out of the Abyss straight into godlands. Hopefully the new dungeons have decent drop rate and are somewhat farmable or people are gonna have a hard and boring time.

The game shouldn’t be realm of the abyss grinding.

vit will still be seeked out, abyss still gives great fame

though yes. A little sad

Janus is finally worth it

yeah, very worth it actually great drops in there

Yeah, sure it shouldn’t. But the way it was, Abyss was pretty much a go-to dungeon, no matter what someone needed. It was great for farming money or maxing chars, decent for farming fame and an occasional Dblade every ~50 runs was nice for maxing pet.

It’s not the best design to have all the good stuff in one dungeon, but it was a nice alternative for people who can run it fast, as opposed to the rest of the game, which seems unrewarding due to droprates (both loot and dungeons), RNG, leechers, etc.

It was like saying “we can’t really make the whole game more fun, but here you go - a single dungeon that’s decent at every aspect, so you wouldn’t get pissed off about stuff”. And now it’s pretty much gone, cause I sure as hell don’t have inventory space to bother storing Vits.

rip abyss, fav dungeon.

wonder what the drop rate is on it though

Does anybody know what this means?

Almost any interpretation of that sentence I can imagine involves a significant change to the loot drop system.

If they have started to mess with the secret sauce (but the sauce is still secret) I’m not sure what to think.

higher chance more then one person will get vit

With that change they should up the att pot drop rate in the Abyss or have like 50% chance to get two Vit when solo.

anybody has found out what that is?

sec at encore

Okay - I can see how that (increasing drops for extra players) would be very simple in the xml. And I’m in favor.

I don’t know how I feel about the defense, but I am cautiously optimistic. Kabam added defense after the abysmal outcome of removing all godland pot drops. It was a horrible bandaid solution that M Sellers thought would repair the abysmal (:D) outcome of removing pot drops from godlands. But when they fixed godland drops, they left defense where they had scattered it.

I wrote a post once talking about how I really dislike abyss as a go-to for top players, but I’ve been highly desensitized to it. Also, I believe that abysses are interestingly balanced for the “new” normal of pet-based regeneration. As much as I would argue that the pet system is flawed or broken, it’s long past the point of adoption and we have to move forward. So abysses fit an interesting niche in that regard.

Here’s the real crux though. I am absolutely in favor of removing defense from abyss to put it in another dungeon. If sewers are good (interesting to complete and worth doing solo in terms of time and danger), I fully and unreservedly support the change. So really it’s not about removing defense from abyss at all, it’s more about whether or not the new defense dungeon is well done.

In a way the abyss change is an interesting nerf against melees. Melees are much less interesting as farmers when abysses are not the go-to dungeon, but they are just as good at tombs and shatters so the change is neither drastic nor completely meaningless.

I am pretty favorable to this update in theory, it just really depends on how I feel once I’ve seen the new content (most likely later this week, based on my current schedule).

What do mean exactly?

i was playing the game :stuck_out_tongue:

but what do it do?