Patch Notes 27.7.X7 - Halloween in the Realm!

cross post from r/rotmg

Please find below the patch notes for version 27.7.X7.

Halloween is nearly upon us and we have prepared a special themed event for it. There are also some new exclusive skins and items as well as some impactful fixes. We hope you enjoy the new content, have fun collecting the “candy” loot and are lucky enough to get the exclusive Headless Rider skin! Read on below for details.

New:

Halloween Themed Content

• The nexus is spookier than ever. Red Healing Fountains!
  • Oryx 2 has reached his final form (at least temporarily)
  • The Halloween Cemetery including new enemies
  • A new Halloween event Dungeon was created. Defeat the Pumpkin Master and his minions.
  • Horseman will drop sometime a portal to the Halloween special dungeon.

The Zombie Invasion

• Zombie Hordes are back! But now they come with an old friend, so watch out. He will also drop candy!
  • Beware of Bonegrind this time around

Pumpkin Shrines

• They will be spawning around the world
  • Be careful, reportedly the Headless Horseman is never far

2 new character skins

• The Headless Rider (Paladin Skin)
  • The Vampire Lord (Necromancer Skin)

3 new pet skins

• Pumpkin Head (Belongs to the Headless Rider)
  • Giant Vampire Bat
  • Sir Bagston

Collectible Halloween Candy Tokens

• Special Candy Token items will drop in various Halloween themed locations / events. (Best chances are supposedly in the Halloween Cemetary)
  • Collect 50 Candy Tokens to achieve the new Headless Rider Skin
  • Note that any leftover tokens will be removed after the Halloween event is be over

Reskinned Halloween Items

• The 6 T11 Halloween weapons now drop instead of the 6 T11 Winter weapons
  • Bow of Nightmares, Skull-splitter Sword, Staff of Horrific Knowledge, Dagger of the Terrible Talon, Wand of Ancient Terror, Corrupted Cleaver

A special trick item (in case somebody did not give you a nice treat)

• A rare consumable and just the right thing for your trick or treat experience. You will have to find one to figure out what it exactly does though.

Mystery Box Shop

• Purchase limit functionality added (this will not be applied to all boxes)

Fixes:

Steam

• Various fixes for issues with the Steam overlay for purchases
  • Issues with various foreign currencies

Stacked shots

• Stacked shots were fixed in various locations. Some encounters were rebalanced as a result but death shouldn’t come as such a surprise anymore :slight_smile:
  • Djinn, Lucky Djinn, Grand Sphinx
  • Jon Bilgewater the Pirate King, Mini Larva, Armor Guard, Zombie Hulk, Mini Werewolf
  • All Artifacts in Tomb of the Ancients and Bes
  • All Spiders in Spider Den and The Crawling Depths
  • Several enemies in the Shatters: The Forgotten King, Royal Guardian J, The Forgotten Sentinel, Stone Paladin, Stone Mage, Fire Mage, Fire Adept, Glacier Archmage and everyone’s favorite, the Ice Adept!
  • Fixed/reduced stacked patterns occurring from stuns
  • All Killer Pillars at the Avatar of the Forgotten King are now Stun Immune
  • Ice Sphere, Archmage’s Ice Sphere, Ice Portal, Fire Portal, Inferno, White Dragon Orb

Fixed Horseman Anchors preventing players from pausing in the Godlands

Fixed several typos and language errors

Fixed The Cursed Crown animation

Fixed trade request panel breaking the locklist

Changes

• Balance adjustments for Stone Mage, Fire Mage and to a smaller extent the Grand Sphinx, due to stacked shot fixes (see below)
  • The Cursed Amulet of Zombification is now known as the Amulet of Dispersion and no longer zombifies, revives or disappears upon leaving the area
  • Interact hotkey can now be used to reject trade requests and to open the guild board
  • Increased Court of Oryx portal duration (this was already part of a hotfix recently), reduced HP of Janus’ Chest
  • Significantly reduced damage threshold for untiered drops from Skuld
  • Slight change to Abyss of Demons DEF drops (small increase overall)
  • Adjusted projectile aesthetics for the Forgotten Sentinel
  • Craig will now randomly spawn Puppet Master Encore or Lair of Shaitan portals.

Notes:

This event will last for about 2-3 weeks. After the time is up, everything will be reverted to it’s old state but of course you get to keep your items. The only exception are the Halloween Candy Tokens. They will disappear when the next patch is applied. So be sure to double click them when you have 50 to create the Headless Rider Skin.

Our continued thanks goes to our community for providing great assets via our draw tool that we sometimes just have to touch up slightly to get them into the game! A special thanks this time around goes out to Clickbait for creating the cool Vampire Lord.

I’m starting to notice that i’m one of those people that hate the updates simply because i don’t have enough time to play the game now.

Me to I’m always like “ugh more updates? I won’t be able to get anything”

Totally agreed.

wat school u go to

my school has same block filter

Used to go to a middle school in California, but now in High school.

Won’t specify the location. You know why. :slight_smile:

Wat.

kewl i go to school in calif to Won’t specify the location for reasons.

@ConsoleMC & @Laserquest: found your school. You should really refrain from posting personally identifiable information on the internet.

sorry not my school

also thats entire california if im not wrong

and i could technically be 1 of all the 34 million or whatever people in califonia

Laserquest is either trolling or i am extremely jealous of him.

Ignorance is bliss, so he must be in heaven.

I mean, I won’t tell what city I live in. :wink:

You know where his middle school was, you don’t know if he moved to another state before high school and which state he moved to.

Probably around 14, has a computer and an internet connection, current occupation allows enough free time to play an MMORPG, …

Pretty sure that already narrows your potential identity down to a lot less than 34 mil. Unless I just described absolutely everybody in Cali.

This update looks awesome so far. Still need to find a goddamn Halloween Ceme tho.

Holy crap, where to start…

Is this just the cemetary?

It looks like the massive zombie is Bonegrind 2, nothing changed about tutorial Bonegrind correct?

Zomg.

So this isn’t the candy corn? Anyone find out what it is?[quote=“Shatter, post:1, topic:2133”]
Stacked shots were fixed in various locations.
[/quote]

Aww, Shatters will no longer kill as many people :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the best things since sliced bread.

I would like to test this out sometime to see how much it’s increased; perhaps Abyss grinding will still be the most efficient method after all.

I’d like to see a screenshot to see what it actually looks like but it’s nice to have variety I guess.

Overall fantastic update, love to test everything out!

Edit: @Shatter they updated it, some clarification for Halloween Themed Content

i cant edit it

Well rip. Apparently Fire Mages are dangerous now; I have yet to see how much damage they do.

Updated. They only changed it 3 times this time.