Patch Notes 27.7.X8.1 Gobble Gobble. Happy Thanksgiving!

On Thanksgiving, we would like to thank the entire RotMG community for the support you’ve shown the game over the past few months. Stick around, the best is yet to come.

In this release we’ve brought back the Turkey God to help us celebrate Thanksgiving. This time around it’s a little tougher to kill and now known as the Gobble God! We’ve also fixed a bunch of issues, improved our admin tools, and have a few new character skins.

Important Change to Entering Monster Dropped Dungeons:

An exploit was recently discovered where players could enter a dungeon from any location using hacked clients. We have put in a fix that removes the capability to do this. But a byproduct of this fix is that dungeons dropped by monsters can only be entered by players within 24 tiles of the dying monster. We understand that this is a fairly impactful change, but we weighed the pros and cons and decided that this was better than leaving the exploit unpatched. We also thought it may have some other benefits and help reinforce cooperation, although it may take some time to get used to. But as with all changes we are open to hearing feedback and making further adjustments.

Note: This does not affect portals opened with keys.

New:

• Gobble God Encounter - Stuff your backpacks and mouths with some food
  • Pilgrim Father Skin - new skin for the Paladin class (credit to Phops for the design)
  • Pilgrim Mother Skin - new skin for the Mystic Class (credit to Phops for the design)
  • A skin for the wizard class to be announced later
  • Item to unlock Vault Chest and item to unlock Character Slot - not yet available in game.

Updated:

• Added improvements to our admin tools
  • Cube God is temporarily disabled

Fixed:

• Occurrences of characters getting negative XP
  • Unnamed player teleporting using chat command
  • Exploit to enter dungeon from any location

Cross post from reddit

This new update is horrible
Petition: New Thanksgiving Patch
Wtf man deca fix this
What is going on with the new update
Login Rewards

Well, look on the bright side: fake call-outs, Avatar sitters and others will be a lot less effective.

Let me guess: gold-only skins?

i have personaly been plaing this game for a few years and this is the WORST idea ever! possibily will make me quit along with many others. Please fix this decca! i had good hopes with this game and quite honestly it is heading downhill, rip shatters rip tombs this sucks. forget working with your friend calling dungeons having FUN honstly so many people will be beyond pissed and i for one am speaking out change this! please…

I’ve quit

There should be exceptions for shatters, tombs, ice caves, and lods.

A whole ton of co-op will be taken out of this game. DECA clearly didn’t think this through. Sewers are very hard to solo and you can’t call them anymore nor can you can any other glands dungeon. If I’m playing with my friend and he finds a cland I won’t be able to go in.

Imo this is terrible

Basically Cube God is replaced with Gobble God and drops 1k FP

i heard lots of people say that on reddit. i dont get what they mean by co-op taken out?

but yeah clands, lol…

Absolutely worst Realm update since 2014, (Even worse then Shaitan) because of that new patch. Everyone is going to have to play next to each other just to play dungeons. This will make dungeon grinding much harder as its pointless teleporting to people that call dungeons since you won’t be able to enter them. It’s just going to make people quit as imo it will discourage dungeon co-op, rather then increase it.

wha? i dont get it?

if u were not within 24 tiles of where the dungeon spawns u get denied access. stupid IMO and god I hope this shit gets reverted.

I don’t care what exploit it fix it’s more harm then such exploit

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that what it means… i thought if meant you had to be within 24 squares of a dying enemy.

same thing

This update would be FINE if it only effected tomb/trench, where notifers/reconnectors are a problem, but EVERY single dungeon is a REALLY moronic move.

what i meant was that to enter the portal there had to be an enemy in 24 squares

ok, not that terrible, i usually play solo so its mostly ok

nvm

Who am i kidding

#THIS IS THE ONE OF THE FUCKING WORST UPDATES I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY GAME!!!

Time to play this guy

Congradulations for ruining the game! :smiley:

#Someone need to start a petition…

Petition: New Thanksgiving Patch

Currently the solution to this exploit is imo, unfinished.
I would like to suggest some things you could do:
A) make it so that, just like the teleportation cooldown, if a GUILDMATE was within portal range, any player of that guild may enter the portal
B) any player within the realm may connect to the dungeon.
C) Any player within the server may connect to the dungeon
D) it seems that a bot is required to teleport to near the dungeon to make any notifier connect. Therefore, applying only this ‘fix’ to dungeons that a bot can find from the beach (-> oryx calls).

And lastly, my favorite:

So it seems that an oryx call is required to opem the gates for noties. So what if ONLY PLAYERS IN 24 TILES RANGE OF THE BOSS UPON DEATH may see the oryx call about the dead event!!