Patch Notes 27.7.XMAS - New Ice Tomb Encounter and Minor Rebalancing

[Copied from Reddit, @moderators if you could please move to News & Info > Dev Corner.]

Santa Bagston is coming… to town! So be good for goodness sake

As we are approaching X-Mas and New Year’s Eve, this will be the second and last part of our winter update for this year. You will be able to face a new winter encounter and can finally start collecting those snowflake tokens!

Also included in this release is a set of minor rebalancing changes. These changes are just the beginning of our plans to make some of the outdated parts of the game a bit more relevant and challenging again. Details below.

http://i.imgur.com/ADm7kZ6.png

New:

• The“Ice Tomb,” a new encounter dungeon & its key item were added. You will find the classic winter reskins there, as well as some new drops (including, the Winter Edition of the three Tomb of the Ancients UT rings).
    Ice Tomb can be entered via Craig the Intern
  • Dragon Tamer - a warrior ST set which you will be able to find it in the Lair of Draconis or in the rotation of ST mystery boxes - (note that this set currently does not support dyes or cloths and will be soulbound to safeguard against duping attempts). As with the other ST sets, there is also
  • Sword: ‘Indomptable’
  • 566 - 650 Damages
  • Range: 3.5
  • Rof: 25%
  • Range: 3.5
  • Pierce
  • On Equip: -10 def
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Helm “Helm of Draconic Dominance”
  • Activate on Self: +250 HP for 10 sec
  • Paralyze enemies for 2 sec, range: 2.5
  • On Equip: +10 def, +5 spd
  • Cost: 90 MP
  • Cooldown: 10 seconds
  • Armor: “Zaarvox’s Heart”

• On Equipe: +17 def, +5 spd

• Trinket: “Amulet of Drakefyre”

• On Equip +115 HP, +5 spd

Here is a picture of the full set on a level 1 warrior:
http://i.imgur.com/G7BH51V.png

• Sir Bagston is dressing up exclusively for the winter season and you will have a chance to get your hands on three separate pet stones - each will give you a distinctive Bagston holiday look
  • Common humanoid pet - Muddy Tidechaser (available as pet stone or via hatching humanoid eggs)

Updated:

• Mystic ST set is now only dropping from the Lich encounter (no longer from LoD)
  • Snowflake Tokens - these collectable tokens reserved to unlock the Freezing Quiver will now have chance to drop with the best chances to find them in the Ice Tomb. Other than that, they drop pretty much anywhere where candy canes also drop. You will be able to collect these until the 2nd of February 2017, before they will vanish - so be sure to collect all 50!
  • Updated the Shatters to work with event chests - we will definitely give this a try soon :slight_smile:
  • Updated the Ice Cave to work with event chests - also fixed stacked shots from Esben

Balancing Updates

• Necromancer -> max attack increased to 75 (from 60)
  • Cube Gods and Skull Shrines -> increased HP (+5000), added new defense mechanics (i.e. stun immune at low hp)
  • Pentaract Eyes -> increased HP (+150), dmg (+30), shot frequency halved
  • Pentaract Towers -> increased HP (+3000), bomb dmg (+30) & slow, new defense mechanics

New Payments System

We are now introducing a new payment system from a vendor named Xsolla. The new system works similarly to the old one, but with additional payment methods and differences in the way it handles currency conversion . This system will replace Kabam’s payments system on our website only.
NOTE: The new system is not compatible with NoScript. You must turn off NoScript in order to see the paywall.

Announcement: Kabam.com account migration option will be removed by Dec 21st

• The option to migrate any old kabam.com accounts will be removed by Dec. 21st

#We would like to thank Beige (Ice Tomb Bosses, Xmas skins), Phops (Reworked ST Gear art and created 8x8 Skin), Poshun (16x16 ST Warrior Skin) and everyone who helped us with this release.

Hypothetical question

awesomeeee, sword and helm sound cool

This is a fantastic update, and there’s a lot to talk about (ice tomb, the sword and helm, necro buff, me being relevant as an event again)… but before we get into that…

Someone please hatch their common humanoid eggs to see if Muddy Tidechaser has heal first.

Because if not, oh boy.

the sword is like a melee dbow :open_mouth:

hmmmm

ok. don’t really enjoy this buff that much, but its simple. [quote=“Nevov, post:1, topic:3579”]
(i.e. stun immune at low hp)
[/quote]

hmm much better tha normal sun immune. [quote=“Nevov, post:1, topic:3579”]
We would like to thank Beige (Ice Tomb Bosses, Xmas skins), Phops (Reworked ST Gear art and created 8x8 Skin), Poshun (16x16 ST Warrior Skin) and everyone who helped us with this release.
[/quote]

so basically everyon else did the work while they just earn money from it.

ok so not samurai. saw these items leaked somewhere

Love the concept of it! Favourite ST set!!!
I love the syncronitzation, but hate each individual, they are just swap outs for rushing / doing dps, especially the sword

waaaaaaaaaat?

Edit: looked on reddit and it has 25% fire rate, @Nevov forgot that

so it has a slow fire rate?

no they did not state if the sword has a slower fire rate so it might be normal… but that would be op

I cant remember what the normal sword does, but I think its b/c of the 10 def (which makes melee trample ots even more)

@Dragon said that it has 25% shot speed (https://i.imgur.com/YSftdI6.png)

I just copied off the Reddit from Sil3x. If they forgot to mention that originally…
:stuck_out_tongue:
They made an edit, I’ll update to match.

They also posted a link to an image of the full set:

Oh my goodness! EVENT BUFFS! :smiley:

eh, personally I think the new st set sucks.

this on the other hand…

woo just in time for me to max my esben skull necro!

Volunteer work. Don’t talk like they’re slaves.

Cool as hell update, although I think that the events still aren’t balanced enough.
Looking forward for more class rebalancement.

Reasons tho?

• sword is actually pretty weak

and has -10 def on top of that
  • armor only has 17 def
  • helm might be useful, but I don’t really like warriors. and paralyze is less useful than slow for melees
  • ring’s not great either, but it’s not useless I guess. maybe if you were going to use a pure hp ring anyway it could be nice, but I don’t like pure hp rings either

It has heal first I hatched an uncommon and got it first try

Not a fan of some things implemented in this patch.

We didn’t need another reason for people to play the Warrior. We’ve got other classes with little spotlight still, Sorcerer and Necromancer being a prime example. (For items.)

Necromancer having 15 more Att was exactly the opposite of what they should have done. His DPS was fine, they just chose the lazy way of balancing the class instead of increasing his survivability or giving his skull a wis mod.

The method to obtain the frozen quiver is pretty cool, but if it is a limited item then it was a mistake. The least they could do is make it extremely rare, but a permanent addition to the game. (Although, we don’t need another item like the QoT in rarity for the same class.)

I look forward to doing event now though at least.

sword has PIERCE though. no other sword has that.

Necromancer has NEEDED a buff. Myself (one of the top 100 necros in the game atm) as well as a great deal of other people were saying the class was just borderline painful to play at the moment. Personally I woulda liked to see 75 dex, but 75 atk is arguably a better buff and unless it shows to be drastically unbalanced I’m SO happy this finally happened.

I disagree. I feel this creates a tangible difference between the three staff classes. Before Necro and Mystic were basically clones on the attack side (with a non-nonsensical 5 DEX difference). Now Necro is clearly better from a standard offensive standpoint, but still also clearly inferior to the Wizard.

Before:

Class ATT DEX
Wizard 75 75
Necro 60 60
Mystic 60 55

After:

Class ATT DEX
Wizard 75 75
Necro 75 60
Mystic 60 55

It’s no skull re-balance, but I think the increased ATT alone is enough to make the necro more worthwhile than he was before.