Patch Notes 27.7.XMAS - New Ice Tomb Encounter and Minor Rebalancing

Are you saying you disagree with 75 atk being a better buff?

I guess i can see that cause mystic has bezerk, just not not really sure why you’re saying I’m wrong. Mind elaborating?

I thought you said 75 ATT + 75 DEX would be a better buff. That I disagree with: it would make Necro a clone of a Wizard, apart from the ability. I think I misread you.

We (some testers) were even advocating doing 75 ATT + 50 DEX on the Necro and change the Mystic to 50 ATT + 75 DEX. They’d basically be opposites, but given the nature of ATT vs DEF one class would work better than the other in certain situations.

The base stats don’t matter much in my opinion, it’s the true DPS, where the Mystic benefits from her personal Berserk.

Besides, you missed the point I was trying to make. DECA chose a lazy way to balance the class instead of inserting formulas for the skulls. The Necromancer is the only 75 wis cap class that doesn’t have a wis modifier.

Additionally, the Necromancer is a ranged healing class. His DPS should remain reasonably low to make up for it. Anyway, at least they didn’t raise his dex. That would make him too similar to the Mystic in the aspect of her Berserk, and make him still not as useful against end-game content that has high Def.

While I’m glad DECA made the decision to balance a class that needed a buff, I’m disappointed that their course of action was what it is.

Yeah, I saw your point as I sorta mentioned in the last sentence. A skull change is still needed. However, I still feel the base stat tweak is a worthwhile change. If you want classes differentiated by only their abilities you already have the archer and huntress.

Factoring in the ability, Mystic was clearly a better class from an offensive standpoint. IMHO, the Mystic is a tactician who can control a fight to a degree largely unmatched by other classes, while the Necro is an opportunistic life extender when things get rough. I feel a higher offensive ability suits the Necro’s ability more than the Mystic.

You’ll never get me to agree with wis mod, though. I’ve always strongly felt it was a confusingly complex form of power creep that has no place being in a game designed around simplicity. To buff unpopular classes this way was emblematic of Kabams’ aversion to nerfing anything in fear of pissing off the populace. I’d rather it was removed entirely, frankly, and sword classes get a nerf to bring them more in line with everyone else.

indeed

Well, Necromancer is a class that is extremely good early game, but is quite worthless late game. Adding a wis mod would make his late-game effectiveness exist.

The stats between the Mystic and Necro were already widely different, Spd, Vit, and Dex, so they were not very similar to start with. (I’ll consider wis too because of the Mystic’s Wis mod and the fact orbs have less MP cost than Skulls.)

I still feel that as a ranged healing class that the Necro’s damage output is fine low. Simply looking at the Priest and the wizard shows his tradeoff.

The wis mod isn’t in the least confusing to me, but I do have a mathematics-oriented intelligence so that could be why. Besides, it also gives players a reason to max their wis stat. I wouldn’t agree with the simplicity part though. When you take buffs and debuffs into the equation amongst the already immense amount of info existing such as random stats generated each level it doesn’t really seem that way.

Lastly, now that I think about it, DECA should have differentiated the Huntress and Archer while they were at it. It would be just as easy as it was changing the Necro’s value.

EDIT: Wis mods are already in the game and will probably stay in the game, so we must deal with what we are dealt unfortunately. (No pets and no wis mods would work fine as a simple alternative.)

IKD, Deca seem very willing and able to throw out old things (this update changing penta for the first time in… a long time!).

yeah. but shows actually how the players is getting the updates not Deca

totally agree there [quote=“Aurorious, post:19, topic:3579”]
Necromancer has NEEDED a buff
[/quote]

yes, it did, i personally like Jaws said, would personally enjoy not a straight
dps buff

when mystics got the ut/st set it has more dps, something to note. [quote=“JawsJakt, post:23, topic:3579”]
While I’m glad DECA made the decision to balance a class that needed a buff,
[/quote]

i just realized that im terrible at expressing my opinions[quote=“Doc, post:24, topic:3579”]
You’ll never get me to agree with wis mod, though. I’ve always strongly felt it was a confusingly complex form of power creep that has no place being in a game designed around simplicity
[/quote]

hmm true, i agree there, but its already implemented [quote=“Doc, post:24, topic:3579”]
I’d rather it was removed entirely, frankly, and sword classes get a nerf to bring them more in line with everyone else.
[/quote]

yeah i like that [quote=“JawsJakt, post:26, topic:3579”]
Besides, it also gives players a reason to max their wis stat
[/quote]

yes

where do you find the ice tomb?

Oryx Court.

seem too ez

I hate how they spawn a chest at the end that has a like 2 second shield…

Dude they only made the art. Deca does the rest, taking in consideration player suggestions.

I think that the wis mod is simply unnecessarily complex. A system like “if 70 < wis < 75 = almost full ability effect, if wis 75 = full effect” would make players even more encouraged and happy after they achieve the desired wis level, maintaining wisdom as useful as it is now.

A note. Realmeye pages should have better explanations on formulas. I’m sure some people have no idea what that means:

Honestly I was confused as all hell before noticing that there should be an “IF” between the numbers and the wis values.

Btw I still feel like skulls need some sort of rebalancement. Haven’t put much thought on it, but their mp costs seem really high. I used to love maxing necros, but stopped since pets have gotten abilities.

not just refering this, but also toxic sewers and hive

Doesn’t really matter as long as we get quality content

" Necromancer -> max attack increased to 75 (from 60) "

I’ve waited so damn long…

THANK YOU DECA.
I used to be chased all the time in the glands by those damn eyes, now they aren’t that op lol

Not good as a set***

Where’s the fix to Deca Lag?

also has lower def, more spd and interesting helm