Patch Notes 27.7.XMAS - New Ice Tomb Encounter and Minor Rebalancing

So what do you guys think of the pentaract buffing? I personally like it, because every time a pentaract spawns, it dies before I can even get to 2 of the towers, and that’s if I’m lucky. Now, even though it will be harder for less experienced players, it gives many more people a chance to get loot. Today was the first time I ever got 3 bags from a pentaract without soloing.

wtf it is!!! thats insanely stupid!!!

but im not surprised… its deca and they make you
grind everything, the market is absolutely useless with them.

what do you think of the event buffs?[quote=“Trofimowen, post:58, topic:3579”]
It’s kind of funny, as the only useful part of the set is the helm.
[/quote]

i personally would enjoy the ring[quote=“Creepykiss, post:64, topic:3579”]
I personally like it,
[/quote]

yah its nice. It creates like 2 waves, i just run after the warriors/ ninja and hit them in the second phase. I got sb on 4/5 pents on hunt first time in ages

I think I read somewhere it’s only gonna be SB for a few days cause of duping.
We know it isn’t going to work though :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing is, it would be understandable to say that it’s only gonna be sb for a few days because of duping if in fact something was to be done ABOUT duping from now until the time that it gets unsb…

ehh, i feel like thats just their excuse to make your open keys and farming for them and getting them more money

Hate the new ST set.

Sword has a silly French name and sucks. -10 Def for a slower than Doom Bow-like shot on a melee? No thanks. Also looks like the Mad God Sword. The only time I think it can be that good is with the whole set equipped.

Helm is alright, I like the design and a Paralyzing Helmet is cool. But it kind of makes the Warrior even more OP. Now he can freeze monsters before he obliterates them and he gets a nice HP pillow.

Armor I originally hated, but I like it more now that I think about it. It’s paired perfectly with Gemstone on a Knight. With the Spiteful Scutum, you get 64 Speed. That rivals Ninja’s and Sorcerer’s maxed Speed. OP? Maybe.

The ring is so-so. It’s not awful, but I can’t think of any class I’d obviously prefer it on or any armor it’d be perfectly paired with. So, meh.

UT, its a UT set! If it was ST it would be tradeable. I am starting to dislike DECA.

@Bluenoser
I understand your insistence on UT vs ST based on soulbinding, but UT stands for untiered and ST stands for Set Tier. If it’s a set item, it is ST.

The whole soulbinding and non-soulbinding of everything is a trainwreck that we maintain because… between the developers and the playerbase, we’ve made a bed of spikes, and now we’re laying in it.

I have opinions about SB loot, UT’s, and ST’s…but is the answer really to dilute the naming convention? If it’s a set item, call it a ST - no?

EDIT: I have been corrected. See the exchange with @Nevov below.

Yeah I get that, but I think they’re going to make it tradeable in the future.

I see your point and understand it. Deca has done a lot of good, but they have been off the rails with a lot things and this is one of them that drives me nuts. By making this untrade-able they have put it out of reach of many people. Frankly I have neither the time nor desire to try to get this set. I would trade for it and pay well for some of the items.

I have a beef with how they are also using tokens (snowflakes, etc) to get skins and perhaps other things. It is almost impossible to get these tokens in the quantities required when you are not playing several hours a day.

I am excited that there is new content but I am finding myself less motivated to play the game every time there is new content released.

Hey Deca.
When are those items that can open a Vault Chest/Character Slots going to be released?

Maybe you’re not going to?

Because you’re money hungry?

An ST item is an untiered, because it is not tiered, this is a binary, either/or, choice, as to if the item is on the tier progression, and drops in the tier drop locations. :grin:

I (appearing to be in the minority) have always read ST as Special Themed, maybe it was on a Kabam announcement as this once, or the wiki, or idk, from an item description text? :thinking:

ST as “set tier” makes no logical sense, so I reject it out of hand. Items are tiered or UT, some UTs are also ST. Items are sb or unsb, some UTs are sb, some aren’t.

Wiki uses the language “Special Themed” in agreement with you:
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/special-themed-sets

Reviewing the Release history (circa 2014) was less than conclusive:

• Release 21.6.0 “unlocked the Solstice Set” (around this time they were releasing the mad god set piecemeal)
  • Release 25.0.3 “All set pieces now have the ST tag, indicating that it is not a part of tier progression.”

So the Solstice Set (top tier reskins) was released in its entirety without drop locations and without the skin-changing effect (because that effect would first be implemented with the mad god set). And the solstice set was (and is) UT, as had been the davy set, manor set, and jungle sets before them.

The mad god set (also top tier reskins) was released bit by bit and switched between SB and unSB, but was always UT. Other STs (unique-ish UT’s rather than reskins) were released during the same time period. And then finally they clarified the whole mess of UT’s released solely through the alchemist by calling them ST, but the development history doesn’t actually say what that is supposed to mean.

Very well, I accept the correction ST = Special Themed. The entire production has been another frustrating and convoluted attempt to monetize the game (with a dose of dishonesty mixed in).

That’s about the size of it. I guess my criticism of @Bluenoser was unwarranted. I have no preference what ?T they call it. :frowning:

Wiki Improvements

I didn’t take it as criticism just a difference of opinion. I usually (not always) state an opinion and then if others disagree I don’t usually argue or try to change their minds. No worries.

That is certainly the manner in which it was meant. Perhaps criticism was also a wrong word choice :smile:

So the “ST” tag will only make sense when we get it applied to sets like the coral, sosltice, manor, jungle, etc. Or when we remove the tag completely and follow a simple pattern, classifying them all as UTs, tradable or not (discussable).

Coral set: Matches the theme of the Ocean Trench and its items match each other’s colors. All 4 parts drop from a single boss. Is UT & untradeable.

Oryx set: Matches the theme of Oryx the Mad God 2 and its items match each other’s colors. All 4 parts drop from a single boss. Is ST & tradable.

WHY are the Oryx items SPECIAL THEMED and the Ocean’s ARE NOT?
That is weird. Everything is way too inconsistent - some sets have bonuses, others don’t. Same to 16x16 skins (which I hate). That makes me deeply sad and that is the reason I am crying right now.

hmm same, my motivation for the game is dying.

probably b/c i cant get these items b/c i have somewhat of a life.
The only skins ive gotten from Deca is the 16X 16 rosen and the copy gentilman pala skin. 1st one i did tons of the dungeons. 2nd one i also did tons of the dungeon. But i continously do tons of the events, but i cant seem to get them… they are making us buy it from the mystery box…

nty…

Wh…Why did you say silly French name?

Why? :cry:

Didn’t mean to say that the French are silly or sound silly. French accents are badass. I just don’t like the name, “Indomptable”. Sounds like a seven year old tried to say “Indomitable” and got it waaaaay wrong. It needs to be called the “Indomitable Blade” or something like that, but even that wouldn’t make up for how much it looks like it sucks.

Yes. That is absolutely why.