Patch Notes X12 - Spring Cleaning Time!

From https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/613lr7/patch_notes_x12_spring_cleaning_time/

[QUOTE=/u/Myzzrym]
Hey there people! We’re back at it with a new Patch! Not too many new things this time but a ton of fixes and some balance changes! Also read until the end to get a preview of what will be coming in the future!

**New!**
  • Spring time is here! Cherry blossoms are blooming all over the Nexus with the Hanami Theme, made with love by our Japanese artist Beige.
  • Free cosmetics for all! Mini Stheno Skin, Mini Nut Skin and Bes/Geb/Nut Artifacts (Pet Stones) have been added to their respective bosses Drop Table!
  • Added Exit Portals to Belladonna’s Garden, Lair of Shaitan and (for the future) Ice Tomb
  • Added Portal of Cowardice to Puppet Master’s Theatre, Candy Land, Beachzone and Rainbow Road
  • Leprechaun Hunt has been extended! You have a couple more weeks to chase after our green mini-Sonic. Gotta go fast!
  • Added /p as alternative to /pause

**Removed**
  • Ice Tomb Keys will no longer appear in the Nexus Shop / Mystery Box
  • Ice Tomb Event Chest has now been removed
  • Snowflake Tokens have now been removed from the game
  • Winter Areas / Mobs are back to their usual form
  • Winter Reskins will no longer drop

**Cosmetics**
  • The Sexiest Skin on Earth, the Beefcake Rogue, has been added to our files. **April Fool’s!** (or not?)

**Fixes & Tweaks**
  • Password Recovery Email will now display the correct support link
  • Error Message *"Could not find item in inventory. Please wait a few minutes and try again"* has been replaced by *"Please re-enter your Vault and try to use the item again"*
  • The Tinkerer now offers a XP Potion (1h) as Tier 1 reward and Potion of Wisdom (SB) + Potion of Vitality (SB) as Tier 3 reward (small change while we work on the Tinkerer Rework)
  • The version number is now X.12! Goodbye 27.7!
  • Vault Chest Price Bug / Server-wide SB Bug should be fixed this time! God damn bugs!
  • The ST skins for the Skuld and Phylactery sets no longer suffer from Cyclops syndrome when walking!
  • Fixed text when connecting to Vault or Realm
  • Fixed odd phrasing in options (hotkey tool tips)
  • Fixed Yard Caretaker being tiny in the UI
  • Fixed pet names not showing on arena leaderboards
  • Fixed initial stacked Cursed Blasts in Encore and Halloween Cemetery
  • Fixed stacked white arc in Ivory Wyvern's 2nd phase
  • Fixed Skuld slowly migrating south when not activated

**Deadwater Docks:**
  • Jon Bildgewater stays away from the spawn/portal
  • Jon's Parrots no longer drop anything
    • Buffed Jon's drop rates slightly to compensate

**St Patrick Event:**
  • Fixed empty Oryx taunt when the Leprechaun is defeated
  • Pot of Gold has more HP and much lower damage thresholds, giving everyone a chance
  • Weapons now have (lovely) sounds!

**Balancing Updates**
  • Slightly decreased Abyss drop rate and increased Sewers drop rate
  • Coral Venom Trap drop chances are now more appropriate for a White Bag
  • Tomb UTs will be less common
  • To compensate for drop rate adjustments, damage thresholds have been significantly decreased

**Ocean Trench**
  • Increased overall EXP gain (Sea Horses also give EXP again! And no worries, it will not be exploitable)
**Thessal the Mermaid Goddess**
  • Paralyze Immune
  • Increased HP from 69000 to 96000
  • Coral Bombs inflict Pet Stasis for 8 seconds
  • Waves inflict Weak for 6 seconds
  • Increased Armor Break duration from 2.4 to 4.0
  • Can't be stunned during Armor Break and Wave phases (warns with purple flash at the end of Tridents)
  • Small invulnerability during Tridents (2.6s) and at the start of the last phase (8s)
  • Shoots Tridents faster in the first phase, Armor Break slightly faster in the first and second phase
  • All shots (including Coral Bombs’) now pass through players
    • Deep Sea Beasts inflict Slowed for 2 seconds

**New Player Experience**

To continue our efforts of smoothing out the experience for new players there have been more changes and additions!

Tutorial

• The Tutorial has been updated with information about permadeath, nexusing, pets, fame, camera rotation and options
  • You can no longer nexus from the main tutorial - this is to make sure new players actually finish it - and don’t worry, you can still go to options and click “back to home” or simply refresh/restart your client to escape if you need to
  • Camera rotation is now enabled by default
  • Toggle off-center view is now X by default (should not affect you if you already have X bound to something else)

**Balancing**
  • Adjusted drop rates in High Lands and lower level dungeons - Pirate Cave, Forest Maze, Forbidden Jungle and especially the Spider Den
  • Slightly reduced the damage and chase speed of certain High Lands mobs
  • High Lands mobs give EXP again like they are supposed to

**What’s Next**
  • Four Dungeons are currently close to completion: Sil3x’s Mountain Temple (1st Wing), Sues’ Goblin Lair, Kiddforce’s Lost Halls and MrUnibro’s Epic Hive. Get ready because they’ll be released soon!
  • Alchemist & Tinkerer Rework: The Tinkerer & Alchemist are being revamped to allow a better Daily Quest System!
  • The promised Art Contest has unfortunately been on hold for quite some time due to us running out of time (mostly due to bugs and exploits). Don’t despair, it will still happen!
  • Q&A Videos (may only be audio)! A few people have voiced their support for us to do regular Q&A sessions, and we’re exploring the possibility (mostly: do we have enough time).
  • We’re still hard at work to fix the existing bugs and exploits that are plaguing the game! Please remember that using Real World Trading Sites or buying Gold Accounts is strictly forbidden and will get you permanently banned without warning (including your mules and your main account).

That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away! [/QUOTE]

Next Chest Event?
Epic Hive Sword! (Stats + Sprites)
What's so good about campaign? Why does the game itself (not Deca) benefit from it?
New boss sprites (What’s Next)
What do people think of weekly events

Bill, you might want to match formatting, perhaps bold sub titles to make it easier to read (just saying)

[Done—I said in the pre-edited post that the formatting would come later. OB]

:frowning: FeelsBadMan, so no time formatting next time xd

[Hey, I just wanted to get something up before anyone else did. OB]

[I wanted to do that, but with proper formatting :frowning:]

[And that is exactly why the formatting came later. SelectAll-Copy-Paste-Post is quick! OB]

Wow seems like a lot of things in one update! Some long overdue fixes are welcome. Looking forward to seeing it all.

Yeah that’ll be my nexus key - better test that out first, eh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

YESSSSSSS…

Nice, good to see patches coming, and the winter nexus ending before july

Wow, the new nexus looks amazing

HOLY SHIT I FOUND A SECRET AREA

Hug the wall to the lef of the nexus and walk left, when you stop walk up

IT HAS BE DONE

YES

!!!

good update 10/10 would take extasy again

RotMG seems unplayable now though
Im still getting dc for 10 mins when trying to get into vault

OMFG LOST HALLS IS BEING RELEASE
I am very very very very hyped

What are lost halls?
Is this abandoned dungeon?

Deca really hates abyss ;-;

???watlol

don’t start another convo about “bring back def to abyss i can’t play knight now ;(((((((”

No, that was the dreamscape labyrinth.

Edit:

amen to that

It’s actually a dungeon from this forum!!! Deca notices RealmEye!

Pics or it never happened

I could care less about the decreased chance for def. Now it’s just even harder to get the dblade i have been farming for the past week.

???wat in tarnation

It’s easy to kill medusa, now instead of 3 seconds of searching for abyss now you have to spend 30 (t h i r t y) seconds of killing medusas

and don’t tell me that medusa is hard please