PC monitor question

So my monitor as of recent has been randomly turning off during games. I could be Tom Clancys rainbow 6 Vegas 2 or fallout 3 it does not matter. Every 30 minutes or so my monitor will turn off and says its going into sleep mode and i have to reset my computer it to go back on. I would like to know perhaps what the problem may be and how I can fix this problem

I have Dell S2340L Monitor
~Thank you

moved to Tech Support

Hmm… not sure about this problem. I think it might be some bug with your computer if it automatically turns off to sleep mode; maybe the computer not detecting that you’re using the computer? Maybe a loose plug?

(dident know there was a tech support) i will check the plugs

I think it might be just your software, but don’t take it from me; I’m not very good at dealing with this kind of stuff. GL fixing your computer.

Check system settings. If it isn’t your main monitor and you have it set to automatically go to sleep mode then that could be the problem. I’d recommend just setting your system preferences to have the screen never go into sleep mode. :sunglasses:

Thing is, the computer usually doesn’t go to sleep when you are using it, so there’s something wrong with either his software or something’s not functioning normally in his hardware; most likely the software, though.

Is your power settings set to turn off monitors after 30 min?
If it is, then even if there is a problem with the computer not detecting use you can just set it to not turn off the monitors for atleast a temporary fix.
If you do not have that setting it probably has to do with the actual monitor and not the computer.

Thank you guys i checked the power settings and and system settings and it was set to turn off after a certain time and how long the hard disk stayed on, I changed them and now (Idk why it was set to that) Its working now after that so I think that must of been that problem.

Welp, @moderators can do their thing.

Could you please approve the answer that worked for you and mark the question as solved? (jk)
If only Q&A and tech support sections worked that way.

Do we look like Dell employees here?

Yes.

Well, Warrior-lover. I believe you do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.