Phantasmal Shield

###Phantasmal Shield
(no sprite yet)

A wide shield crafted out of energy from the ether.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 160
  • Cooldown: 3s
  • Range: 2.8
  • Effect: Daze: 7s
  • Stat Bonus: +3 Wis, +5 Spd
  • Number of Shots: 8
    (im not sure how to calculate radius of shots, so this just follows the pattern of the tiered shields, more shots, more width.)
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 1500
    DOES NOT PIERCE

####Drops From:

• Buffed Ghost King

####More info
I saw a shield that was on these forums that simply dazed instead of stunning, and realized that daze was pretty much a straight downgrade from stun, but what if the radius of the attack was increased? Wide radius and a close range daze sounded cool to me. EDIT EDIT EDIT TOTALLY FORGOT THERE IS NO DAZE COOLDOWN ON ENEMIES.
The whole idea of this shield hinged on the fact that enemies had a daze cooldown, eliminating permadaze, but I guess not, rip.

thats a lot of daze

do they pierce like teired?

How much dmaage does it do?

ummmm…
well, i guess you saw the bright knight sheild…not sure how balanced it is…but its pretty ehh

Bright knight shield is literally trash (no offense) because its a straight downgrade. Guess I didn’t put damage in, huh. No pierce.

Very bad, when there is no sprites. In fact, I first look on them. :smiley:

maybe this works, but I personally would never or very rarely use this. although:

that’s more than double the duration of stun on tiered shields, bring it down to 3-4s.

Just a working theory for the sprite. Some feedback, or some sort of inspiration would be helpful. I wanted to mimic a sort of swiss type shield, but added the two pixels in the top corners to give it a unique look. The color scheme comes from that of a Ghost King, being that that is the intended monster to drop the item and you gave no sort of input on coloration for it. Might look like garbage, might look cool. Let me know.

Daze is not necessarily a downgrade, per se. It is more of a workaround. It exists, because not all bosses can be stunned, but most can be dazed, thus yielding an opportunity to cripple stun-immune bosses.

What kind of damage does it do?

damn thats op

To be honest, I didn’t thoroughly read the OP. It only came to my attention when I saw your comment that the daze was 7 seconds. Holy mother of Mary, that is a long time. The longest stun in the game is like 4 seconds. Quiver of Thunder dazes for 4 seconds. This would be a MONSTER when it came to doing bosses.

wut?

If you do enough damage to a Ghost King in it’s evaluation phase, it will be buffed. This is the same for Liches and Ent Ancients.

I like it :grinning:

Its beautiful.

Well, the Scutum didn’t get released that long ago, so the chances of them adding another shield so quickly isn’t likely, its a nice concept though, but its kind of broken with 7s daze.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.