RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

tyvm I love all of the moderators. I love how you guys are able to respond to questions fast and efficient. <3

alright im just flooded with questions today, lol

@moderators, Will it ever be possible for a regular to become a mod? Is there a requirement for it or is it impossible?

The @username tags make this sooooo much better. Most forums have people saying ā€œmoderator!ā€ in a reply and theyā€™re never seen. We ainā€™t got time to read every single reply ever posted, but getting a notice weā€™ve been tagged makes it easy to respond when weā€™re called.

The mod ability is granted by the admins. If RealmEye wants to add more mods then the answer to your question would be ā€œyesā€.

Sadly, no. @Docā€™s Tome can Purify the entire Forums!

I just know I was beat to the punch. Iā€™m glad about that, because that avatar is much funnier/appropriate than whatever I was going to use.

No, weā€™re just illuminating.

I thought of another reason.

4.Ā A lot of us are veritable fonts of historical information. I feel obligated to stick around as historical resource because thereā€™s only so much you can get out of the historical patch notes.

so if the game was to magically stay around for 20 more years, would you still be here?

20 years? No. The history of the first 2 or 3 years of the game would be insignificant at that point.

To digress, one of the non-IRL reasons that keeps me from playing RotMG occasionally is that sometimes Iā€™ll be overwhelmed by a sense that Iā€™m an anachronism when I do play. The way players play this game has changed a lot, and Iā€™ve not. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that, nor do I harbor some gripe that the game should be played like it used to be played. It just is what it is; I could adapt, but I choose not to.

I see it like the General MacArthur quote, ā€œold soldiers donā€™t die, they just fade away.ā€

I feel fine.

@moderators are we allowed to mention trust level 3+ topics on public threads?

No, there is a reason why its called the ā€œYou-know-whatā€

Wait didnā€™t I make a thread about this in you-know-where

I think you should proceed to delete that post and ask the question somewhere elseā€¦
PS the answer is no

Same here.

Youā€™re welcome to try. IIRC, the forum software is not going to be outsmarted that easily.

I must say that itā€™s interesting to see people attempting to exert social pressure, especially considering there is absolutely nothing worth talking about there.

I was meaning mentioning the name for movement purposes. does this clarify? @HGKing

Maybe, not really. I can say that whatever it is that youā€™re wanting to do, doesnā€™t matter to me so I donā€™t care. The only consequence I can imagine would be social.

Edit: BTW, PMs are a thing, so maybe thatā€™s an answer that applies for whatever youā€™re talking about.

@moderator how do you become a wiki moderator/editor? Iā€™m interested in contributing to the realmeye wikis.

Any one above 14 stars can edit the wiki pages

I just realized anyone can edit the pages.

Disregard my stupidity thanks