Realmeye Forums vs. Rotmg Reddit Sub

Hello everyone. I was wondering what people use more, the Reddit Sub, or the Realmeye Forums. I created a Strawpoll that I am submitting to both the Realmeye Forums as well as the Rotmg Reddit Sub. It would be cool to vote so we can see which is more popular (for curiosities sake).
http://www.strawpoll.me/11772034

Reddit’s going to trounce RealmEye, no question. We’ve got ~1000 active visitors in any given week. They’ve got 3 to 4 times that.

Oh, I did not know that… Are you aware as to whether DECA looks at this?

By this, I mean the Realmeye Forums, sorry for being vague.

I’m honestly sad about that.
All the Reddit is is memes and shitposts at this point.
Forums are better for people that want to express ideas or keep a discussion going, while Reddit just doesn’t work like that.

That doesn’t mean Reddit is bad; I like the Reddit. In fact, I’d say that there’s more room for things like memes or art on Reddit.
I just prefer the organization of forums over Reddit’s lack of it.

It was a joyous day when Silex posted (here), but he’s not been back very often. I suspect there may be one more who visits time to time, but as far as I know none of them are regular visitors. :cry:

Probably the primary reason is they still have ambitions to make their own forum. They said as much on day one, and I was told more recently it’s still planned. If they adopt these forums, so to speak, they’ll have a hard time justifying their own or migrating the community to it.

Yeah. Honestly it’s good to have options. Want to have genuine conversations and on-topic discussions? Come here. Want to dick around and have fun? Come to Off-Topic, er, I mean, /r/rotmg.

That’s interesting that they spoke of having their own Forums. The community would be clearly be split between the three different places. I suppose, like you said, it’s nice to have a variety of different places to post based on what message you want to convey.
I personally haven’t been here to often, but I think I’ll try and stop by a bit more :stuck_out_tongue:

As much as I dislike r/rotmg, I still do see some decent stuff on there every now and again.
For instance, I recently saw a Huntress fan art, which deserved every bit of praise it got. It was very well made.
Another one was a Skuld fan art, which was very well made.

That doesn’t change my stance on it.
I mean, the top overall post is the “I got protection” comic with Oryx and Ent Ancients for God’s sake.

Literally all I go to Reddit for are: Updates.

People literally copy and paste the stuff from Reddit to here. It makes it slightly hard to understand.

Otherwise, Reddit is just memes and useless posts, with ~3-5% being great posts.

i go to reddit for the memes. I voted for realmeye because it is more straight forward in everything.

Question: would you guys stop running the Realmeye Forums if Deca came up with their own? Personally I don’t think there’s any reason for another forum, that would only split the community even more, so maybe to avoid it we should all just move to Deca’s forum. That is, if they ever start running a forum.

Also, if Deca wanted to adopt the Realmeye Forums as their oficial forums but only if you guys accept a set of conditions, would you guys accept the conditions no matter what they are? The conditions could be changing the sections in the forums or the way trust levels work, or maybe even something more drastic. Would you guys do it?

Ultimately the realm eye guys are the owners of this forum. They have given us a great amount of freedom in determining how to manage the forum, but it would be up to them if they want to accept guidelines laid out by the devs.

I expect that if they create their own forums folks will probably leave this one. There’s nothing wrong with having more than one place to talk, but I think a driving force for creating this one was that we hoped deca would adopt this as the “official” place.

At the end of the day deca has to make the decision they feel best servers their interests. I think those of us who help out here would be willing to try to help them accomplish that on their own platform as well.

Wish people used this realmeye forums more, such a great place but we’re still in beta so probably a lot more people will come

yeah why are we still in beta ?

your survey has some flaws b/c it says “use more” so there will always be an answer. It is extremely unlikely that someone spends the same amount of time here as well as reddit.

maybe they are planning a mega update soon and we’ll come out of beta? : O

Not that i’m aware of. Perhaps the RealmEye guys have something in store for us, but at this point these forums are pretty well established and any new features are somewhat small in comparison. We’ve pondered on why the keep “beta” in the name but haven’t come up with anything convincing. Maybe because they’re using the beta channel of the software, and there could be bugs here and there?

Will we ever exit beta?

Reddit seems to have a more “old” feel to it, but RE forums seem to have a more modern look and feel. I know not many people may care about aesthetics, but I do. I like that realm eye is made the community, as the Reddit is not. I still do visit the Reddit though.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

It’s not really a question at this point in time. Reddit is currently the official discussion site for RotMG, so it’ll be #1 regardless of how any of us feel about it.

If I were to choose between Reddit, RealmEye, and a separate DECA forum, I’d prefer RealmEye for RotMG. Reddit is simply not structured for having real discussions and a separate DECA forum would be redundant since we already have this one, which is a part of the most prominent RotMG site and has every user automatically connected through their in-game account.