RotMG Original Composing [Music]

Very new to embedding here… ‘~’

Also, a sqertle helped cause this “Oryx” production.

https://soundcloud.com/phorsion/the-shatters-entrance-wip-v13-original-composition

Here’s a preview of “The Shatters Entrance”. It’s not quite there of course…

Ooh, I like it. It fits with the theme of the game and with the Oryx battle.

it is very cool. I like the idea of different music tracks for different dungeons. There is only 1 VERY repetitive soundtrack for the whole game. Like an egyptian like theme for the tomb

this guy made a bunch

Which program did you use to make this?

Thanks W.

Yeah @Proasdfase, I think I listened to Bilal’s Oryx Battle Theme first.
And the first request from a player just happened to be Oryx.

@Shaxasno You should PM me for the answer. I don’t know what goes on in the person’s mind when they ask that. I already got asked that once when I was a beginner long time ago and I PMed him back without hesitation on a low user forum. For this time, I’ll PM you back if you’d tell me what you mean because this is a large user base and posting that on a game related site could disturb the balance. :wink:

It’s your thread so you choose how it runs, but I think spreading some basic knowledge on how great content like this is created can only be beneficial to others who may want to make some as well. You’ll encounter no resistance from forum staff if you go that route. :slight_smile:

Just got to be careful sometimes of course. It’s not always a great thing to rush.
So if you wanted to know how great content like this was created.

You asked it for him Doc, so…

I used Caustic 3.1 Beta 8, the Windows Version: http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/download/Caustic_3.2.0b8_standalone.zip

Then I used Audacity and gathered VSTs for enhancement and frequency stabilization.

There you have it.

Nice. I hadn’t seen this before, and I was always curious what people used. Of course software is only part of the equation… it’s clear you’ve got some talent and practice in there, too. Thanks for posting!

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

Very Nice!!!

Added to my 100000song playlist. =)

Hmm, ive heard of caustic from somewhere before.

Oryx-the-Mad-God… more like Oryx-got-mad-beats

First he drops the beats, then he drops the old tops

I have downloaded it! I’m testing it out :0 so far, it has some cool features.

Cool. Update me with anything else you think.

This is great!!

Keep up the great work!!

:grinning:

l l l love it!!!I like dubstep trap adn that stuff alot so i like this too!Good job!!

I got a new request. The Shatters.
I have made up the idea…
It will be 3 pre-main boss soundtracks, the parts where you have to get to the boss, and
3 boss battle soundtracks.
A total of 6… ;-;*

Requested by Retterer. Extra inspirational help from TearsAcid.

I have a question and it can either save time or make it take longer.

Would you like The Shatters to be the same quality or a different quality?

Well, depends…I’m not sure how to explain , maybe the same quality…getting to the first boss in shatters is usually chaotic during public ones…add some screaming lol < .>

It’s just that the volume of RotMG sounds are louder and manually setting that sfx volume is the only way to fit it. If the songs don’t seem like the way I wanted it, I’m making it not like the Oryx one. :wink:

Also, you just gave me an idea for a part of the 'getting to the first boss" with the “add some screaming”. Some Aggressive Symphonic Chamber Rock… sick riffs and anxiety causing metal break-beat stabs.
Bet that would cause you to laugh if I also added a few of the dying sound somewhere, but it has to be with the flow.

Yes! Go for it!

Now I’ll be disapointed if I don’t listen to that.

What do you think of this intro so far? Too long? And everything else?
Feels blissful and uplifting when it kind of enters the drop zone. OwO
Would more dark and depressing be a better choice for such a scary entrance?