Seal of the Nature Attuned

Imagine a seal that helped the paladin evade damage, rather than take them.

###Seal of the Nature Attuned

An Enchanted piece of stone, set into the bark of an ancient tree. Holding the seal makes you feel detached from reality.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 120 80
  • Duration: 1.5
  • Cooldown: 3
  • Effects on Self:
    • Intangible for 1.5 seconds
    • Stunned for 1.5 seconds
  • Party Effects:
    • Damaging for 5 Seconds
  • Stat Bonus: -4SPD -2DEX +4WIS
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 600

####Drops From:

• Anyone have any ideas?
  • Woodland Labyrinth (Thanks Castawayz)

####More info
#####Intangible
Allows the player to pass through obstacles and walls, shots also pass through the player. Only walls of which the other side can be seen can be walked through. If a player is inside a obstacle when the effect ends, they will be returned to where they entered the wall. The players sprite appears slightly transparent, similar to a rouges cloak but not as drastic.
Lava still causes damage in this state.

Balancing

For the duration of intangibility the player is stunned, this prevents the player damaging enemies, making this seal mainly for escaping sticky situations to better cover. This seal will not heal, it is obviously a situational/swapout seal.

#####Feedback Wanted!

Would like some feedback on anything here, stats, sprite, effect, any of it. I also don’t have a drop location in mind yet, any ideas.

This is the first idea I fully fleshed out, thanks for taking time to read it.

#####Edits

• Changed Stun to weak
  • Drops from Avatar
  • Drops from Woodland Labyrinth
  • Changed back to stun, MP cost reduced
  • Modified Sprite
  • Duration/Cooldown changed

How about Avatar because it looks like tablet?

swapout to oreo maybe? except for the fact that you get stunned…yeah that sucks and the fact that it’s the same mana cost as oreo maybe this wont be used

+4 wis is a good idea
and also maybe buff FP

trickster v2 ON A PALLY!

its not that helpful i guess then
great af sprite tho and i can see the effort put into this

Some good points, the point of this seal is more for defence rather than offence. The point of the stun is to prevent the player being able to do damage from any point without being hit. Although oreo doesn’t do that so perhaps I’ll take that out, or perhaps change it to something like blind. (I think it needs a debuff to be balanced)

The idea is that its a more common oreo, but with a debuff.

I’d argue it isn’t much like a trickster because of the limitation of there having to be a tile on the other side of the obstacle you are walking through, for example you couldn’t walk over the black tiles in a sprite world.

Thanks for the drop location I’ll add that to the original post.

Actually, It would be cool if this were a white bag from the Woodland Labyrinth, Really Just seems Tree Earthlike, so it matches the woodland theme.

Very interesting idea. But i dont think it fits well with paladin. As a melee and support class it isnt supposed to be sneaky and all that. This item and the “intangability” effect would be more appropriate on rogue or trickster in my opinion

my personal thoughts…
very obviously a t3 seal reskin, pleas change later on.
could be a sentinel drop as well

op please keep the stun and and nerf damaging buff.
honestly i dont see myself using this over oreo. can you pass through areas where there are no wall? is intangible like no clip? i could very well see this spammed by ent sitters. it would be op for rushing shatts.

honestly for the lulz i want to see @Trofimowen and @Xaklor’s reaction + thoughts.

yeah it is a limitation from the black tiles in sprite, but what you did to balance it was good :slight_smile:

I love this sprite!

#Welcome to the forum, @Curlip

I made sure to include a cooldown for the purpose of Ent sitting.
You can only pass through obstacles such as walls, rocks or trees. and only if there is a tile on the other side of the wall, you can’t walk onto black tiles.

This would be allowed

But not this. (Because you have to cross black squares)

Edit: just looked at the t3 seal, didn’t recognise the symbol. Will change that

But could you go through that little point where the two wall tiles connect? For example in the abyss, you can walk from one tile that’s diagonal from another tile without taking lava damage.

I feel that intangibility is very OP, even with the stunned. It’s pretty much invincible + ability to walk through stuff for 3 seconds. That’s a pretty big deal for a perma-death bullet hell; see how short the oreo duration is in comparison.

But ultimately I can’t give any valuable feedback, better have Xaklor come look at this and roast you like he roasts everything :wink:

@UnicornSla

_[Grabs my phone]_ _Types in a phone number, modified for RealmEye Forum_. **Phone**: _Calling @Xaklor_.

I should have clarified, you can take still take damage from liquids such as lava. I would say you couldn’t walk across the diagonal.

As for duration that is a good point, you make a good point, perhaps 1.5 seconds would better fit the dodge type idea of this seal.

GAWD fine! I’m here, calm down. sometimes I actually play rotmg y’know…

first, [quote=“Septagram, post:6, topic:3318”]
very obviously a t3 seal reskin, pleas change later on.
[/quote]

that’s stupid, you’re first sprite was wonderful.

this is also stupid, multiple dungeon locations for a white bag is silly and annoying.

onto the original idea,

this is not okay, it’s op as hell. NOTHING goes through walls, only over and around them, got it? furthermore, this literally gives hackers with noclip to walk ANYWHERE they want. they can do what they do to sprite worlds on ANY dungeon.
however, without that wall-walking ability, this is entirely inferior to oreo, especially since you’ve reduced the duration to 1.5 seconds, and oreo lasts 1.8 seconds. on top of that, oreo at least gives healing.

bottom line: this “intangibility” idea is inherently flawed, and there’s very little you can do to fix it without completely changing what it does.

Impossible in this game, so everyone who got stuck would just have to wait 3 seconds and re-use the seal to get out (or break the wall if it’s a breakable one like in Oryx Castle, or teleport to another player if they’re on a map that allows teleporting).

Actually, no. If you’re rushing this is a lot more OP than Oreo.

Why? Because at least with Oreo shots can connect and thus can inflict status effects to you. If your hitbox completely disappears they can’t.

This Seal makes Pally able to go through normally impassable terrain and to turn himself into a controlled decoy. There already aren’t that many people playing Trickster, no need to destroy her niche even more.

ok, I will admit that. that is something that slipped my mind. either way, this is still extremely op and needs a rework.

Ugh, fine.

Pretty cool idea… but honestly, i don’t think the stun on self will be necessary at all.

This idea is so original that i’m having trouble figuring out just how useful it will be.

But even if it’s a weird idea, it’s an amazing concept.

Not going to comment much, but whenever you introduce a new statis effect, especially one this power, you will get eaten alive…

BEWARE

Only is the new status isn’t balanced enough. But the game doesn’t really need new status at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.