Server Status Checker

This could be VERY useful and essential to those who want the least lag possible while playing ROTMG.

DECA’s servers are known to just die at random, besides restarting late at night. I was playing for a bit and I got a bit of lag and I was annoyed. So, I made a solution that should benefit a lot of people: a server status checker.

Some people might not know what I mean. A server status checker should give you the status of a specific server; let’s say USSouthWest has an average 5ms API response time. That’s pretty good! The lower the number, the better. It should also check net jitter, API, and the server’s Gateway, kind of like how Discord has their server status laid out.

Of course, this should be used to check every server. If a part of a server is up and running, it should say Operational. If a part of the server isn’t up, for example, the API, it should say Unoperational.

The issue is whether to put this on the Realm of the Mad God website, or RealmEye. Whichever works best for both.

In my opinion, a server status checker would be better on RealmEye, since everyone checks it every once in a while. RealmEye just seems like the best place for it to be, probably in a new tab. I mean, I’m sure RealmEye has enough space for a tab like that on the top menu.

If not, it could just go under the Help tab, but nobody ever looks at that.

To end this on a good note, a constantly updating server status checker would be so nice. It makes it easier for those who just can’t tolerate lag, even if it takes 2 minutes to wait for them to TP to someone. If you read the whole thing, thanks. I appreciate every criticism and compliment for the idea. :smiley:

=Victini=

Edit I (3/24/17): Let me clear myself up. Not everyone plays on best server if you’re in a guild that doesn’t support your best server (for example, my best server is USE3, and my guild’s home server is USSW). Also, by steam server status, that kind of makes sense, but I’m talking about a page dedicated to a ‘live’ server status checker. Some servers are laggy and don’t crash or go down. Also, they don’t necessarily have to make RealmEye have this server status checker, maybe on the servers tab in-game shows the ping for each server based on your IP, or on the Performance Stats in game that checks your net jitter, memory, frames, etc.

erm

“Best Server” normally gives you the one with the least lag if I’m correct

Yeah the least net jitter or something. Best server will be the server you will have the smoothest experience on. Otherwise I’m happy with the game saying crowded or full next to a server, and realmeye telling us when one is down.

Also, Realmeye already has a notification saying which servers are down when they are down.

I remember a program from a few months ago that would display your ping to all the servers, havent the foggiest clue where I found it though

so like steam server status? cool i would like to have that. as long as it didn’t use bot to check like you know what i mean?

I haven’t a clue

I’m not sure either, maybe he means noti.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.