Should we have a unified 10 min d/c thread?

It’s such a commonly posted topic, is it worth merging all the 10-minute-lock-out threads, rather than keep seeing them posted over and again?

This the oldest one?

Yes i agree, i was tempted to gather all of them and put them in my copy and paste, but decided not to b/c all of them said basically the same thing (and i was lazy).

Can we have more banned posts, including this, or just a megathread like reddit

There’s not really much to talk about, is there?

Get in after 30 minute dc, proceed to dc again after playing for 5 minutes > repeat

is this real life?

I have a few question about the 10-min dc, so I’m just gonna plop them here. Why is it that we get disconnected in the first place? Why don’t we just get pulled to the homepage and can go back to nexus? Why is it exactly 10 minutes?

Hi, this thread isn’t going to be for any actual discussion of the timeouts, but for discussing what to do about the threads on the forum.

Can I suggest you post on one of the existing 10 min D/C threads if you wish to discuss the D/Cs. Or make a new one! (joke).
:slight_smile:

Do you really need to be so strict about derailing a STRICTLY EXACT topic? lol

@DarkKoala a response I’ve given on reddit, at the weekly questions thread (click the image for higher res):

Yes, I made this thread specifically in the forum feedback to discuss the threads, not the disconnections themselves – that needs to be in game discussion, or game bugs forum.

The thread’s kinda over and helping the Koala won’t harm the forums really

-> Try this one, found with a search of “10 min”.

Uh, ok?

edit: that made no sense

It actually makes perfect sense. I think it’s reasonable for someone to make a thread and request that other people not focus on something tangential. Especially in this case, where the whole point was to not have discussions all over the place about the disconnects. To me it seems rude to come in and say “yeah but what can I do about my disconnects?” And then even more rude to follow up by saying he can’t have a conversation that he requested because we just won’t respect that.

“the Koala”

If your opinion is based on your personal point of view…
Firstly and personally, the threads I send to the forum don’t “belong to me”. The discussions that may happen in threads I create should not “respond to my wishes”. Secondly, it was a simple question and, analyzing technically, the four lines of text @Nevov used to basically say “ask somewhere else” could be used to answer his doubts.

*pat pat*
Good boy.

Without getting sidetracked into discussion of the forum rules, @BaadGuy what is your opinion about my question? Should we just keep closing down threads where people ask/complain about “I got 10 min d/c”, “Deca plz fix”, or have one ongoing thread?

A unified thread where people would post to tell others whenever they got the 10 minute dc would be a good way to estimate how frequent those glitches happen, and also help clean the forum. Or you could straight away delete everything, which I think wouldn’t be that good.
I get a disconnect every other oryx shake.

edit - Just after making this post I did a castle and on the next one I dc. I’ll call this a night.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.