Sorcerer, in need of buff?

? that’s not the point lol.

Wizard is better than sorc in 99% of situations anyway I’d reckon.
It’s better than priest in like 60% of situations though…

It’s a matter of personal preference. I find wizard too slow, and its ability too scattergun against moving targets. Wizard has better raw DPS but Sorc has better range and piercing which helps in very many situations.

As for Priest anyone playing it for its DPS will be sadly disappointed. But it has some unique abilities, two tomes that give speedy, two which cure all status effects, and the Prot which makes them tankier than a Knight. All of these tomes heal, which together with their other abilities gives the Priest by far the best survivability of any class.

First of all, Rooney was really good in like 2013. And also, you mentioned warrior and knight. Try UNLOCKING sorcerer before complaining about it.

Honestly, I think they are okay as is; with a Offensive stat total of 120 they are only 5 behind Warrior or Rogue and still ouput a good amount of damage, especially the mana-efficient fulmi which decimates godwalls. I would recommend hunting down a Crystal Wand or Conducting wand if the gameplay is unsatisfactory.

Because Sorcerer with a fulmi is a lot more useful, hitting more enemies and slowing enemies. A wizard can’t do this. A sorcerer also has higher vit, which is useful for players with bad pets.

Yes, but that’s not something you can fix by only tweaking the classes.

-playing a glass cannon is a lot easier now because of Healing pets;

-the only real downside of Spell is that it requires accuracy, and with Magic Heal pets you can spam like hell, making it much less of an issue;

-ST spell is really good (to the point that you won’t have any trouble ditching t6 to main it), and Deca will neither remove nor nerf STs in any way because it makes $$;

-Wizard is the default class while Sorc is one of the last to get unlocked, meaning any Wizard nerf to benefit Sorc could negatively affect newer players disproportionately;

-content in general is way too easy nowadays, meaning that there is overall less of an incentive to invest in a class that sacrifices damage for safety (be it in the form of more Spd, more Vit, healing, or longer range).

Another problem is that Scepter automatically hits, affects several enemies at once and can bounce extremely far, thus making it very difficult to buff its damage or to give it more side effects without turning it into an OP monster-mower of doom.

First of all, according to pfiffel.com, with all classes having a t12 weapon, t6 ability, t13 armor, and expo, the dps difference is not that large. At 12 def, which is the average def of a god in godlands, the sorcerer has a measly 1222 dps, and the priest has 1006. This difference is extremely marginal, as it is only about a 21% increase. While this is not nothing, the wizard has 2445 dps against the same targets! This is more than double of the sorcerer! I understand that the sorcerer is supposed to be more crowd control based, but it has the second lowest dps of any class in the game, next to a class with a sole purpose to heal himself and his allies. In order to keep a class with such a potent heal balanced, its dps would have to be pitiful. However, the sorcerer is a class designed for dealing damage. The only defensive thing it has over the wizard is the 75 vitality, but vitality is unimportant after the addition of pets. At the moment, the sorcerer is virtually as glass cannon like as the wizard, minus the cannon part. With the new buffs I have suggested, the sorcerer, with the same set said above, will have 1876 dps to a 12 def god. This is just barely lower than most classes, and it would truly set it apart from the priest. To put this in perspective, the wizard would still have 30% more dps than the sorcerer while in damaging. Also, keep in mind that the damaging buff is temporary, so it’s dps will not constantly be 1876. The sorcerer was designed to be a secondary long range, pure offense class, and the changes stated in my first post will make the class that way. In addition, a t6 wizard spellbomb does on average a whopping 2450 damage! The sorcerers t6 scepter does 200. The spellbomb does 13.6 TIMES more damage than the scepter, and it costs 5 less mana! Forget the fact that one has to aim the spell, even if only half of the shots hit, that is still 1225 damage, which is more damage in an instant than a sorcerer can do in a second, and that is when every wand blast hits! The sorcerer right now is an extremely underpowered class. It is squishy, and does laughable damage. It has all the downfalls of the wizard (low survivability), and the priest (low dps), and none of the benefits.

Idk if you’ve ever had a prot but priest had mad survivability to the point where it surpasses sorc so much. A sorc can’t rush an abyss like a knight, lavawalk through shatters or jump ontop of a cube/shrine the way a priest does. A protted priest is so versatile and safe that it surpasses sorc imo. If you disagree there I can’t continue the argument because that’s a matter of personal opinion.

I don’t you if you read my comment correctly but that is essentially what I said…[quote=“MrLoaf, post:21, topic:7482”]
Wizard is better than sorc in 99% of situations anyway I’d reckon.
It’s better than priest in like 60% of situations though…
[/quote]

Wizard is almost always better than sorc, while it is only sometimes better than priest. Thus priest is better than sorc.

If you are referring to the before comment I was also agreeing, as I said that priest can not only go deep, but it isn’t even thrilling because you are so safe with prot.

LOL no. The Spellbomb only does that much damage if you hit precisely, which is hard to do against moving targets – it does not matter how good you are because of lag. Plus it is 20 x a far smaller number than 2450. The enemies def is subtracted from every single shot, making the total damage much less than 2450.

But the biggest flaw in your maths is the t6 scepter does not do just 200 (not 180) damage, it does 8x it to eight enemies, for a total of 1600. More importantly it distributes it between enemies so you weaken them and get SB on all of them. Most gods have only 1000 HP, so if you use a Spellbomb to kill one most of the damage is wasted.

Or to put it another way, a Sorc faced with a group of eigtht gods can kill them all with six uses of their scepter. A wizard needs to use their spellbomb eight times, and then needs to land each one exactly.

And that’s against gods. Most enemies have far less HP and so take far less damage to kill them. A scepter might one-shot or two-shot them, while a spellbomb is even more wasteful.

You’re so starist it’s not even funny.

Who said I was complaining? I simply stated what I thought was bad about the sorc. Refer to the statement where I say it’s just too average of a class.[quote=“SupermanEH, post:23, topic:7482”]
Rooney was really good in like 2013.
[/quote]

2013 was a long time ago

It sounded like you said sorc is better than priest 60% of the time.

Ambiguous prounoun.

Uhh no if you read the post is very clear. It says wizzy is almost always better than sorc while it is only sometimes better than priest.

Using a brain one can figure out I imply priest over sorc

I was exploring a possible reason for why the other guy got confused.

But don’t worry about what I say.

Thanks I dont :joy: :joy: :joy:

besides i was hoping he sees that eventually.

Ok, so everything you have said is flawed.

The Elemental Detonation Spell actually has an average of 2450 damage, and with the def of a God being 12, each shot sill does 111 damage, compared to the actual 123 damage. The spell has 20 shots, so the total damage is 2210, which is still 11.5 times more damage compared to the t6 scepter. Also, in godlands, they both perform very well, but the wizard still performs better. His incredibly high single target dps allows him to delete gods one by one, and kill god walls with the same, if not more, efficiency as the sorcerer. There is also the st spell which armor pierces, so enemy defense does not matter if one has this spell, which most maxed wizards do.

In dungeons, sure the sorcerer does better at clearing swarms of low hp minions, like the abyss, but once you get to the boss, if there are 2 other people in the abyss (let’s say 2 knights), the boss will die in about 1 second, becuase they’re knights. You will probably only hit about 75% of your shots, and you will probably will only get 1 scepter blast in. 75% of the sorcerers dps against a 20 def enemy is well less than 1000, so you will be doing less than 1000 damage to the boss. Your chances of getting loot is virtually 0, but if a wizard is put into that situation, he can get 1 spellbomb in, doing about 1500 damage, if he misses about 30% of his shots (the boss is almost stationary, u can’t miss that many shots), and his staff will give him another 1900 dmage in, assuming he lands 85% of his shots, becuase the staff is much easier to aim, as it has 2 shots. That is 3400 dmamge, almost guaranteeing the wizard loot. Playing a sorcerer in large groups in a dungeon is extremely frustrating, as one almost never gets loot.

I agree that getting sb on gods is easy on a sorcerer, but generally, godlands potfarming is less efficient than dungeon farming. Gods have a 1/100 chance of dropping a pot, so just becuase you can get sb damage easily, doesn’t mean he is effeicnt at farming. In the surrender state of the game, with all the Melees running around in dungeons, a sorcerer will not be a contender for loot in almost any situation. His team role is also very limited without fulmi, unlike the priest, who can heal, and his single target dps is low, making him inefficient for almost any situation.

6 scepter uses costs 510 mana, and if u aren’t maxed in mana, you probably won’t be able to shoot 6 blasts in succession. Also, take into account that the scepter does not armor peirce making it even less effective in dungeons.

You have to agree that the sorcerer is just worse than the wizard in every situation, and the sorcerer has virtually no uses. The sorcerer desperately needs a buff.

If you really think that you can’t miss 30% of spell bomb shots on anything, you must be using some kind of hack. Spells are glitched and don’t land exactly where you point them, making it hard to hit every shot. This coming from someone whose 2nd favorite class is wizard

If you can’t land spell bombs very well, you’ve just been aiming in the wrong place. You’re supposed to aim where the hit particles come out. Try that, and I garuntee your accuracy will increase.

It was a specific example on malphas, which is virtually stationary in the first phase.

You can’t deny that the sorcerer is pretty weak right now

[quote=“GlurbGoopy, post:35, topic:7482, full:true”]
The spell has 20 shots, so the total damage is 2210, which is still 11.5 times more damage compared to the t6 scepter. Also, in godlands, they both perform very well, but the wizard still performs better. His incredibly high single target dps allows him to delete gods one by one, and kill god walls with the same, if not more, efficiency as the sorcerer.[/quote]
No, that is nonsense. Facing a wall of gods a single use of Scepter does 8 * 200, or 1600 damage. A single use of Spellbomb does only 1000 damage normally, as that’s all the HP most gods have. It does not matter that it can do 2000+ damage if more than half of that is wasted. So the Scepter kills god walls quicker (and long before they are all dead you’ve gotten SB on all of them, in case someone else finishes them off first).

And that is assuming you Spellbomb each god dead on 100% of the time. Unless someone has helpfully paralysed them that is impossible due to lag: most of your spells will miss. 30% sounds about right in my experience trying to spellbomb Constructs: it often takes 2 or 3 to do it, despite them moving slowly and predictably.

As for DPS. when faced with a wall of gods having a long-ranged piercing weapon is far more valuable.

The sorc is supposed to be able to heal quickly because it is like a dmg buffed priest. Its ability doesn’t heal it so instead it relies on vit.

It does not do 1600 damage, scepter blasts do not armor pierce, and that is to several enemies, it can only do 200 - defense to a boss, making it terrible for sb damage compared to the wizard on dungeon and event bosses

And you are only talking about godlands performance, where both classes are about equal. In every other situation, the wizard is clearly better. It easily gets Soulbound on event bosses (you can snipe the cube god with the spell bomb, peircing doesn’t give a direct advantage). Any skilled wizard can effectively use the spellbomb to get extremely easy sb damage, as you typically only need 1 bomb for Soulbound. Your entire basis of argument is that people don’t land the spellbomb properly. This is not a balance issue, one cannot take the skill (or lack of) the player into consideration when talking about balance. In dungeon performance, the wizard destroys the sorcerer, becuase the sorcerers dps is completely inadequate for getting Soulbound damage on a boss in a large group. At the moment, playing the sorcerer is just like playing a priest without a tome. Its dps is just too lackluster in order for it to perform well anywhere except for the godlands, where enemies have low enough hp for dps to not matter very much.