Sorcerer, in need of buff?

That’s because it was made before pets. I think now that it was changed it’s definitely a class that should be rebalanced as well. Maybe 75 attack and dex or something, hell if I know.

I’m pretty sure that aside from a straight damage boost, this is the most common idea for scepter buffs. it’s almost as bad as the armor piercing skull idea.

ok uh ty

No, still OP. Also it removes what little strategy there is from the Sceptre. You just need to hit the spacebar, but you get most out of it if you do so when there are eight targets in range of each other. Do so and you do the most damage, potentially getting the most SB in. This comes into play most in godlands, where enemies are spread out and move around a lot.

But if damage is just shared out among the enemies you hit it doesn’t matter if you only hit 1 or a few, no damage is wasted. Just make sure you can see one enemy and hit space. That one will go down quickly, then you can focus on the ones you missed.

Im going to propose a buff which would make the sorcerer relevant in the current state of the game. Right now, with all the melees and wizards running around, most typical bosses die in less than 2 seconds when there is more than 2 people, and thw sorc can’t get loot. Give him 70 att and dex, and 60 vit. This will give him a little bit less DPS than a rogue (and he will still have the second lowest DPS of any class) and since vit is useless now, the slight nerf won’t make a difference

Maybe 75 Vit and 60 or 65 Wis was good Pre Pets but now it’s stupid. Even with fulmi, it’s only strengths are Wine Cellar, Godlands groups and clearing Abysses. Wizard does the first 2 just as well and can get ridiculous public Tomb loot, Archer and Priest are even better at the last.

You do get a lot of loot stolen so going back to an older Reddit-based idea, forgot whose it was, maybe damage from Scepter could compound onto what it does hit when you don’t hit the max number of enemies but make tiered scepters compound this damage more efficiently than Fulmi.

Anywhere that Pet Stasis happens (Puppet Encore, Thessal), Vit and Wis are very useful to have maxed.

And if Deca was prepared to update Thessal with adding Pet Stasis into the mix it gives me hope that they will continue to roll this out onto other parts of the game which have never been updated since before pets, because it allows a player’s dodging skill to become relevant once again.

It’s not anybody’s idea specifically, as others say higher up the thread, this suggestion has been going around since the sceptre concept was invented. The design choice being that it rewards players who use at the “correct” time to maximise dmg/number of enemies hit, as sorc players already benefit from having it autoaim/hit enemies, so having it always output the max dmg was dismissed by the designers as “too OP”. You pay for the autoaim sceptre by needing to know when the optimal time to use it is. Same as you earn the right to spellbomb and do huge dmg by knowing how to aim well. Get out of our game cheat wizard autoaim spellbombers.

I guess I can mostly agree on this. 75 Vit is not important right now but there should be more pet stasis to make it shine. Of course in godlands I liked angling enemies to get good scepter dps but in bossfights it’s like 1.3 wand shots on a boss. Barely does a thing unless you slow with fulmi.

Also LoD and normal puppets

This, I think, was misunderstood. I think Kekkekkekk didn’t mean that all the damage would hit 1 enemy if there is only 1 nearby.
If I was to explain this more…
Let’s say we have ourselves a scepter that deals 100 damage to 4 enemies. With 4 nearby enemies they will all recieve damage of 100. But if there is only one, the damage does stack, but the less enemies it strikes then the less damage is added on. So, as an example with the non-existant scepter mentioned:
4 enemies: 100 damage to 4
3 enemies: 125 damage to 3
2 enemies: 150 damage to 2
1 enemy: 175 to 1
By this I mean that the fewer enemies it hits, then the less damage gets stacked. Something like, 75%? You know, to make the sorc more appealing.

I’m pretty sure this idea isn’t unique, but I think it would be a great way of making the Sorc more appealing but without making it overpowered.

is this what you mean by compound?
@orsome basically?

Why do you think it was misunderstood?

Kinda, but I meant that it doesn’t compound ALL the damage. So, if there was one target for example, then the damage dealt to it would be the same but increased by something like 100%. Of course, maybe not that much/that little cause I’m shit at calculating dps.
8 targets: 200 damage each
1 target: 400 damage to one enemy.
So basically the compound idea, with each less target it deals more damage to each enemy, but the fewer targets it has the less the increased damage increases.
I make no sense.

So if I compare the non existant scepter from the general compound idea to this insanity:
Normal
4t: 100 each
3t: 166 each
2t: 200 each
1:400

My idea
4t: 100 each
3t: 150 each
2t: 175 each
1: 200

It doesn’t make any sense does it?

I don’t know. I was tired, it was 11:00 pm.

I don’t like the compounding idea in general, but if I was told it is going to happen, I’d want your version of it as it still keeps some of the “it is best to press space when most enemies are available”.

Edit: it would also be a neat concept either for an UT sceptre, or, in a Rotmg where there were 200 classes, a class that was a variant on sorcerer.

Congratulations! Sorc has been buffed!

DE-contratulations! not only has sorc not actually been buffed yet, the changes aren’t even permanent yet and can vary wildly.

it’s a bit too early for conclusions

what are you talking about?

#BuffFulmi

Those posts date to before the X15.0.0 update hit prod, when the only info about sorcbuff was speculation based on what people were leaking from testing.