Status effect idea

Hey!

Today, I got an idea while looking at this topic : Sprite Wand needs a Buff?

So, my idea is, a new status effect. It would be called focused or something like that. What it would do would be simple : you know that weapons deal damage between two numbers? This effect would maximize the damage dealt. For example, with this effect, a weapon that deal 60-80 damage would always hit for 80 base.

We could also make the effect that deals the contrary, something like disrupted.

Then we should try to put these on item ideas on the forum? Some monsters people create, or whites in the item section? Maybe some abandonned classes, like the sorcerer, could get one of those effects on their ability?

Working on it.

The Weaponsmith
Samurai (SPRITES IN PROGRESS) by JudgeBOZ

give this to a priest and use the Sprite wand.

@Endertimes also, it sounds like a good idea! Thanks for linking my topic lmao…

Pretty cool status effects. The only thing is, we’d need items and/or enemies to apply them. Sprites for the effects would be nice, too.

6/10.

Ez.

Spirit Dagger and Sprite Wand.

Though it would be op on spirit dagger.

Maybe a little on Glass sword

Maybe it will increase average dmg instead of taking it to maximum? (or just lower min dmg, that will do)

And as for the contrary, we already got weak debuff sooo… Yeah

Does the weak debuff do this? I thought it just reduced atk to 0…

The result is practically the same though

Then all the items with really high top damage would be broken. Sprite wand is the main one, can’t think of any others off the top of my head. And how would you implement it in game? How would you get focused?

Certain rare items, probably whites, could provide the user with this buff.[quote=“Pokemonha, post:11, topic:6458”]
Then all the items with really high top damage would be broken
[/quote]

It depends on how you use it. If you apply it on a short period of time, then it would not be so powerful. Plus, I think it would be a bad idea to make an item that gives this effect to people around you. If an item was able to give this effect to other people, then it should be balanced with an “immunity” to this effect for a period of time after getting it.

Once again, the effect in itself isn’t under or overpowered. It depends on the class, the weapon, the duration and the way to apply it.

To implement the effect you would need to create a new class, or mega buff another class. Right now, the classes are close enough to balanced that giving any class this effect would make it crazy good. The most viable scenario for this is probably as another tome effect like prot or puri.

I don’t think so : with a cooldown or something like that, it could make a class unique, without making it too OP.[quote=“Pokemonha, post:13, topic:6458”]
you would need to create a new class
[/quote]

That could be an idea.

No, but imagine giving the necro, which is admittedly not the best class, this new ability. Now your regular necro has this new ability. Everyone wants to play necro with the forbidden staff. Necro is now the knight 2.0 See what I mean? It should be in a one drop thing. Drops from Janus, its a forbidden “skull” (or shield or tome or whatever) and it gives you this new effect.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean there. If you think I want to rebuild completly an existing class, like what happened with the mystic, you’re wrong. I would like to add a new type of effect, usable through one or two UTs, like the dazing effect is used on a rare archer UT only.

OK, we’re basically saying the same thing now. Another problem I noticed is that it is basically removing the RNG element of damage. That is a whole part of the game, might not be the best idea to remove it. There is no luck involved when you have this effect. And also, wouldn’t max divine pet people just spam the ability with sprite wand and get mega loots.

That’s where two things could stop that from hapenning :

• Cooldown on the ability : doesn’t need an explanation
  • Immunity to the effect : like the monsters are immune to stasis after having experienced it, there could be an immunity to this effect of a few sec, preventing spam.

I think to build on this idea, Focused would bring the minimum damage up to within 20% of the maximum damage without the max dmg moving, and Disrupted would bring max down to within 20% of the minimum damage. This would be both amazing and catastrophic to various classes.

I do think it would be a viable idea, perhaps the Priest could use it in a new rare, UT tome.

For example: 135 MP, cooldown 6 seconds, makes two sets of two radii. The first one does group heal from 4-8 tiles (not from 0-4 tiles) and casts focusing from 0-4 tiles (and not 4-8 tiles) [Plague Poison principle w/o the overlap physics] and the second blast would inflicted Focusing from 4-8 tiles and heal from 0-4 tiles, not casting healing along the way. (Focused for 4 seconds)

Tome of Conjoined focus or something ill make a new thread

Do you mind if I use this effect in a dungeon UT idea? I will credit you of course, and you will of course be able to name the effect whatever you like, but I really like the idea, and think it would go great in a new UT I’m making.