The Cursed Rapier: Fixing LoD by adding a sword with 5.6 range

Drops from: 75% chance to drop from all LoD minions in a purple bag.

Stats: Same as a golden sword but with 5.6 range (so we can remove chests to fix leeching).

UT effect: Despawns like a cursed ammy.

As of Release 27.7.6 It is not possible to obtain one and keep it, as immediantly after entering a portal or nexusing ANY Cursed Amulets of Zombification in one’s inventory will dissapear.

Description: Don’t discard your sword! Due to a curse this will vanish if removed from the dungeon.

Changes: Lowered range from 6 to 5.6.

If I got it right, the idea behind this is to give a temporary item that will give melees an easier time against the bosses in the Lair of Draconis, therefore lessening the amount of leechers in that dungeon. I think this is not very well explained in the OP.

Interesting idea, to say the least.

How do I put this lightly…
This idea is bad. Really bad.
While I will admit, the sprite isn’t actually that bad, the concept of a temporary sword with more range than any dagger is just stupid. By that logic, let’s make a dagger and katana version of this.
Also, it’s not impossible for a melee class to attack the LoD dragons, especially if they have Csword or ASS.
4/10

By that logic, let’s make a dagger and katana version of this.

The rapier was meant to have dagger range (I thought this was 6) so I lowered the range by 0.4 tiles so the melees will perform like the dagger classes in LoD.

The ninja’s shurikens have about 15 range, I think they’re alright.

My final point still stands. If a melee has Csword or ASS, it’s not difficult to attack an LoD boss, especially on a Knight.
As for Warrior and Pally, they can buff their teammates.
Overall, the idea isn’t necessary.

Adding a sword specifically for LoD isn’t the way to “fix” LoD for melees, if anything they should just reduce bullet speed and make a dodge-able pattern. By adding this sword you are giving melees the range of dagger classes, which is pretty broken while removing diversity of using different UT swords

Except…lod already drops a sword…

This would also work but if we nerf the dragons so melees can do damage safely it will make it very easy for ranged classes. We’d probably have to add shots that don’t come from the dragons (maybe from the minions). I think adding this sword is an easier and more unique solution than redoing the boss fight.

I don’t like it when certain classes can’t qualify, like a low dps class in a trench or a slow class against a steamrolled pentaract. I think this idea will prevent another of these situations from happening, even if it only affects some melees.

75% drop from EVERY MINION ??? Whats that like wtf thats way to high

That doesn’t matter at all. If every class has to qualify, they simply need enough DPS to hit SB on the chest. By that logic, we should be buffing wand classes.

How many melees are willing to do this?

I know I don’t want to die on any of my melees

I mean, I would at least try to help.

Try, yes.

Actually qualify for sb, no.

Right, but with the chest at this current point, you wouldn’t have to on the boss.
From what I can gather from this idea, the chest would not be removed.

But it is still directed towards ranged classes, giving them an advantage in obtaining loot

In what way is the chest directed towards ranged classes?

Wait I was thinking about another thread where they buffed loot drop for sb on the boss,
My b

Oh, gotcha. Lol.

Sprite is terrible. Hilt shading looks good but the sword is a line of white/grey squares. Description needs to add lore as to why the sword would dissapear, not just describe the UT effect. Range is OP even with damage nerf. Drop rate is WAY to high. should drop in cyan not pb. Copy of csword but with higher range. Should be a drop from a dungeon other than LOD (does not fit). We dont need another scammy. Do we honestly need a third range buffed sword? This would not help fix LOD leaching in any way.

Mystery box drops the same sword so I wouldn’t count it. I agree that there doesn’t to be sword added.