The Cursed Rapier: Fixing LoD by adding a sword with 5.6 range

Did you understand the idea, it is a sword which is essentially given to everyone in the LOD, so that the melees get damage in then LOD. It disappears when you exit the lod.

Gonna @Kekscho because I can’t quote two things on my phone.

why does everyone need it? change drop rate to 100%

nobody is going to take this sword over a sky

My idea for OP would be 100% drop rate for melees only.

lol, thats a lot higher than some other ones, but your text there… was even nicer than this

i saw this idea before going to school, and i thought about it, mainly what atrapper said, its an interesting concept, but then it raises the question why doesnt other class have it?

if it was me, i would’ve just had a range 6 or something weapon *that can be used for all classes. Although it goes against the game principle. Also, dont really like that too much either

True. I rated it higher due to the sprite, though.
As for the multi/omni-class weapon, I’m not a huge fan, although I do love Dappertron’s multiclass weapons.

Can you try something?
Go into ANY public lod that does black first - there are still lazy shits that sit in the corner waiting for the maybe 5-6 people actually trying to kill the dragon. Some are actually melees that can’t get close, as they don’t have an ass or csword, but others still do, they’re just lazy and don’t want to risk their character. And yet still, there are lazy-ass warriors and paladins that are just lazy down to the point they don’t even want to help buff those who are actually helping out.

If they can be implemented both of these suggestions would be an improvement.

I avoided this sort of thing in the idea because I was trying to make an idea that is as unique as possible but isn’t dependent on adding new mechanics (because of the games buggy code).

Warriors and Paladins being lazy, does not have anything to do with the LoD being a “broken” dungeon. As @Atrapper mentioned earlier, every melee class can, supposedly, help in their own way. I don’t know why LoD would need this fix/sword. I think LoD is fine as it is. Leechers are leechers. It’s about the people, not the dungeon.

This argument is extremely faulty. If they’re too lazy to do it with these swords, what would a new sword with crazy high range do? It won’t cure their laziness.

That’s the other part - it’s really risky for them to go in to hit the boss and deal a trivial amount of damage
In all sense, if this is implemented, lazy people want to get their loot as fast as possible with the least amount of work, if this is a thing then maybe they’ll have heart to chip in a little - won’t have to risk their character as much

If someone’s lazy, that means they’ll let other people do the work for them while they sit back and do nothing. Lazy people won’t work given the chance, even if it is super easy.
As for the risking characters argument, I’ll admit that that’s a stronger argument. Although, I feel that a better solution would be changing the attack patterns.

Most leechers are in the dungeon for som easy money. They are all lazy and don’t want to work for their pots/tops. adding a sword like this for LOD exclusively is a bad idea as it still won’t fix the fact that people are leeching. changing the drops to sb drops from the dragons is also a very bad idea as low range classes that actually can’t get close enough to damage will get thrown under the bus. Almost everybody will bring wizard/archer for LODs. if this were to happen why have the fire dragon battle armour drop there? nobody could get it on the class that it is intended for. why have the warrior st set drop there if no warriors are getting the drops? There is no way to fix the LOD without breaking it even more.

If you implement his solution the “lazy” people wont get sb.

They’ll still get SB due to the chest. I read nothing about the chests being removed, but if I missed something, feel free to post it.

Well the idea only works if the chest is removed

Even if the chest is removed, I don’t think this is the way to go about fixing LoD. The way to go about it would be changing the bullet patterns to be more melee-friendly.

yes, but melees arent the only leechers

I meant adding this sword isn’t the way to go.
Removing the chest seems logical.

Love the idea, original :slight_smile: