The General Chat Thread

What happened to doozer? I used to always watch his vids but he’s gone now :frowning:

I talked with him a couple months ago, he said he felt his videos were too outdated, I asked if he had the files at all, he said he didn’t. I haven’t talked with I’m since, I was his little buddy, he even said that in his 6/8 warrior giveaway video haha

Whatever Happened to Doozer?

rip hopefully he starts making vids again the undercover series was hilarious

well hes married, he has a life now, hes been married for I believe at least three or four years now, I was there the DAY he proposed

Continuing from here

@FunDjembe I can program a little, first ever experience would have been lua from the ComputerCraft Mod, and then again trying to write an actually Minecraft Mod. Didn’t know what I was doing, but it gave me my first look.

Codecademy was also a good resource for trying out a variety of languages and learning the actual names of things like variable, methods, function, ect. Haven’t used it in a few years so it might have changed (like most good things do). I was writing some HTML and wanted to try make a website, that was too hard so I never did that. However recently I found out about Github Pages if you want to host some of your creations. I used some HTML to make some quick games for school in grade 5

I went back to Java and Minecraft Modding now knowing a little more about what i was doing, that went a little better, an i actually posted it on Github. I program on and off whenever I feel like it now, i make the occasional style sheet for things, and a couple of Grease monkey Scripts as well.

I also recommend Codea if you have an iPad.

####Tips

• I find learning through something interactive like Codecademy good when you first start (text tutorials are boring)
  • Try different languages and see which syntax suits you
  • As you go on further learn how to use your editor, atom is a very versatile text editor for most languages, but language specific ones can be good as well

But most importantly, enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! Yeah, I wanted to start to get into coding, but it seems really daunting at first. I would love to be able to make apps or websites.

I will start trying some of these out.

Hi, I’m Jheeze. I’ve recently come back after a 4-5 year break and only got involved with the forums as of yesterday.

Got my red star yesterday without even realising I got it, GG.

I want Forum friends.

There’s no such thing as forum friends.

We’re all strangers to each others here and only come here to attack each other’s point of view.

Your point of view is a load of boll*cks. No such thing?! Well, aren’t you silly.

You need a better point of view.
;),

There you go. You’re on your way to become a forum expert.

As in… I’m not already there? You need to take a step back and re-adjust your view on the world.

Take it easy grasshoper, don’t overdo it.

Your opinion is wrong and your argumentation style is like the one of a fourth-grader.
######jk

seriously tho, people on the forums discord are sort of friends

Ah, that is music to my ears…

… and that is a sudden halt to the music.

That’s why I’m not on discord.

Not really.

on that note, i know the people on discord much more than those who arent…

join the cult!
we have lots of scorchmist’s

Hey that’s me!

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

I’ll join your discord in April.

Anyway, I attempted to make a meme.

So if you were a proper lad, and you watched a show called ‘Rolie Polie Olie’ - you might have remembered the Grandad.
Here’s what I came up with:

Decendant of the memes

What if…

Pac man…

‘Run trough a WC naked and only use a T0 dagger on Oryx’

This was the face before I died to this challenge.

Don’t judge, childhood memories are great for making memes

b/c i got too many flags as trapper said. Although majority of them came from the same place.

[Edit: Nothing to see here. HG]

The memes are too dank.

[Edit: Nothing to see here. HG]

@Keenanryan I approve of that last Grandad face as a meme :ok_hand: