The Ghostly Jewel (new event white)

I have many ideas but this one stood out the most in terms of creativity. I thought we needed more rings with situational, niche uses, as we don’t see ring swapouts happening as often as we see other items being switched to adapt to a specific situation.
This is also my first attempt at sprite creation!

###The Ghostly Jewel

This dark gem, enshrouded by mist, reveals an eerie glow and is always moist to the touch.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonuses: +100 HP, +3 DEX, +3 DEF
  • Special Properties: Adds +1.5 tiles range to weapon when in any liquid.
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 700
    EDIT: @RMGnoob suggested these stat bonuses:
    +0.5 range, +4 Spd, +60 Hp, +60 Mp
    Gives +6 Atk as long as you’re standing in a liquid.

####Drops From:
Ghost Ship
###More info
####Concept & Impact

• As you can see, the special property opens up a very interesting playstyle. By any liquid I mean lava, pure evil, quicksand, water, etc. (please tell me any more liquids you can think of-I couldn’t find any info of all the different types of terrain.)

• I tried to keep the ring ghostly-themed, and it fits the whole deep water idea.

• This quality proposes a plethora of options and situations to use the ring. In shatters lava, the Ocean Trench (where, logically, the buff would always exist), Ghost ship, the Tomb of Ancients’ quicksand, Hermit God, etc.

To save you time, here are the buffed ranges of each weapon.
Tiered Swords: 5 tiles
Tiered Daggers: 7.1 tiles
Tiered Staves: 10.1 tiles
Tiered Wands: 10.5 tiles
Tiered Katanas: 6.25 tiles
Tiered Bows: 8.5 tiles. (9 tiles for Crossbows) Note: I’m not sure if the angle of the shots should be changed, but I’m leaving it as the shots are simply increased by 1.5 tiles, meaning that the arc would get much wider. But hey, this can be useful if the archer needs to hit multiple things that are somewhat far apart.

####Balancing

• The reason I gave it stats comparable to some of the best rings in the game is that even though everything in my idea is open for discussion, I’d think the great stats are appropriate compared to how rare this ring would be. I’m going for anywhere between 1:70-1:100 in terms of droprates. Again, the stats and droprates could change.
  • The only time I could legitimately see the special ability being manipulated is doing Dr. Terrible without activation, but I’m sure this can only be done with a priest and a wizard, two classes that could already kill the boss without activation (plus, how many times do you even get to solo the boss without someone else activating it?).
    ####Additional Notes
    Yes, the brown color of the ring admittedly looks ugly, but I tried to compare the brown to the color of the ghost ship. I also would change the sprite after looking at it again but for some reason I couldn’t save my sprite on the draw website; all I have is a screenshot.

Thank you for reading my idea! I take this very seriously and have many more ideas to share with the community! Any advice/questions/comments/concerns would be appreciated!

EDIT: This is not pyra as people keep bringing it up. This has +4 DEX instead of ATT. There is a difference. In addition, I’ve changed each stat to +3.

So basically a Pyra with a range extending effect.
The only place I can see this being used would be the arena, since it fills up with water, but I guess it has its uses in some dungeons and events, like hermit.

I did see it’s similarity with pyra, but I also noticed that no ‘good’ ring in the game gives both def and dex. Thinking again, I’d need something to make this differ from pyra.

I msut say, this looks like a interesting idea, i really don’t have any observation about the concept.
Maybe rewriting the description for something more “mystic” would make it much better, but in general it’s pretty good

ftfy

Technically it doesn’t have any special terrain effects aside from the oxygen bubbles, so you’d need to write a separate line of code to make it work there.

Is that supposed to be rare? Because in all likelihood that’s 10 times higher than the drop rate of any other event white (except maybe Tablet and Ray).

If you have really good Magic Heal on your pet, just grab an Archer/Assassin and spam ability from outside his aggro range. If you’re standing in the blue pool at the entrance of his room, I don’t think it’s possible to hit him regardless of what weapon you use, even with this ring.

I guess this ring could be used purely for the stat bonuses by players going through a dearth of Pyras, but I really don’t see a good reason to use it otherwise. You never need range in OT, you don’t want your projectiles to randomly gain more range in a clean Tomb, … so I guess maybe FFA Tomb on melee?

the look reminded me of the captain ring.

cant see this being in many places, people would probably just use as a pyra.

Does this include the liquids in mad lab? if so, staffs can now hit boss without activating.

I don’t see the difference?

As this is compared to pyra quite often, compare it to pyra droprates. In addition, think more literally than technically. Imagine doing 100 gships for this. I don’t want it to be any rarer than that.[quote=“RMGnoob, post:5, topic:6097”]
If you’re standing in the blue pool at the entrance of his room, I don’t think it’s possible to hit him regardless of what weapon you use, even with this ring.
[/quote]

Priest with St. Abraham’s? Not entirely sure though.

Also, any ideas on how to make this differ from pyra while being a good ring and unique?

staves could always spellbomb before without activating, and no idk if they could hit dr. terrible in liquid.

so is it idk or no?[quote=“JoshBros, post:7, topic:6097”]
Imagine doing 100 gships for this
[/quote]

thats nothing. [quote=“JoshBros, post:8, topic:6097”]
wizards could always spellbomb
[/quote]
FTFY

No, I don’t know.[quote=“Scorchmist, post:9, topic:6097”]
thats nothing.
[/quote]

Different experiences, different perspectives. I’m not trying to make this super rare, I feel like this ring should be occasionally seen but not used by everyone.

So… pyra with an added bonus when doing tombs? Might even make me want to stand in the quicksand…

On second thought, no.

I really like this idea. Adding range in liquid sounds really unique and cool, and the stats are good too. I feel like the stats are a bit OP, maybe change to +60 HP

It has pretty much the same stats as a pyra. How is it OP?

Of course there is a difference, but dex and att still have pretty much the same usage. Changing the stats to +3 doesn’t change the similarities it has with pyra. Of course I love the mechanic, but I’m pretty sure that hackers can make it so that they get the 1.5 range buff all of the time.

I agree that the Ghost Ship should have a white bag, while this is a nice idea i dont think it would be all that usefull… Also the sprite isnt all that great since it just looks like a recolored exa ring…

But 10/10 for creativity.

I corrected some of your math mistakes. 4.75+1.5 doesn’t make 5.25, 8.6+1.5 isn’t 10 either and Crossbows like the t7 have 7.5 range and not 7.

Tomb is a lot rarer and harder than Ghost Ship, so that comparison doesn’t work.

A 1/100 drop rate doesn’t mean that you need 100 Gship to get this ring, it means every Gship has a 1% chance to drop it.

Another thing you’re not taking into account is that there are a lot more than 1 person playing this game and a lot more than 1 realm where Gship can spawn at any moment in time in the game.

The limit of Dr Terrible’s aggro range is about 10 tiles away from him and more than 1.5 tiles away from the blue pool of water. This ring isn’t going to add any new methods to cheese this boss.

+0.5 range, +4 Spd, +60 Hp, +60 Mp
Gives +6 Atk as long as you’re standing in a liquid.

There’s the liquid range thing

This looks really cool.

When would this mechanic be used?

In liquid