The Inverse: A UT Prism Idea by POWER

###UT Prism: The Inverse

Take this, CP Violation: the prism has an antimatter duplicate!

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 250 MP
  • Duration: 1.5 seconds
  • Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • Special properties: See explanation
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1500

####Drops From:

Uranus, Gatekeeper of Space (gift chest). Stay tuned for Dimension Zero!

####Explanation
This prism works completely differently from other prisms. Instead of cloning yourself and teleporting to the cursor’s position, activating this prism clones the enemy closest to your cursor to your current position. Talk about inverses!

You might be thinking now that using this prism is suicidal. Why clone an enemy except to troll? Important to note, however, is that the cloned enemy does not attack and does not move (though it is still invulnerable when the original is invulnerable). Furthermore, any damage taken by the clone will transfer to damaging the original (with a 67% damage reduction): with this, you can safely attack bosses that might otherwise be too dangerous to approach! The clone disappears after 1.5 seconds, as noted in the stats section.

Would you use this subversion of a prism? Leave your comments below!

oooooooooooooooo

Interesting prism, but I think there is already too many UT Prisms in game, and the fact that you can whale on the boss with no risk of damage seems broken to me.

Great idea though, 5/10

Yeah it is simply too good. Copy the forgotten king and sit on him with EPs or void blades.

goes to test chest

has bone dagger

uses prism

steals sb

Holy crap right I didn’t even think about that…

@PwrNewAcct this could be used with piercing weapons to hit the same enemy twice with 1 shot, something impossible in the current RotMG game. Just makes this way too broken.

Nice job! I can’t wait until I have more time to myself and can work on the dungeon more!

Alright, I’ve realized that it’s overpowered. I changed the cost from 90 MP to 120 MP, the time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds, and added a 50% reduction of damage. Would this be fair?

No because the entire idea itself is broken, not just the stats. Literally just a knight with ogmur and a wizard or mystic with EP could easily shred any boss of any dungeon in the game.

An entire idea of this sort can’t be broken. What if I made it 0.1 seconds with a 90% reduction of damage? That would be unusable. I do believe that the strength function is continuous and thus that there exists a “sweet spot” for balance.

I agree that the prism would heavily favor certain things such as the void blade and EP, but that would be a strategy more than an exploit if balanced correctly.

On another note, this item has a tiny chance of dropping to exactly one player every week or so, given the structure of Dimension Zero: it’s meant to be extremely strong, but not unusably broken.

But in my honest opinion the way the prism would be balanced it would either be too good, or simply not useful at all.

However by all means continue tinkering with the idea and I’ll comment when I see something promising.

What about something like 1-1.5 second duration with a 75% reduction? And you could maybe make it somehow that nothing pierces an enemy clone?

I have to say, Power has the most brilliant hype strategy there is.

Now onto the idea. As many people have said, if a trickster has a Divine pet, this would be pretty broken. Maybe institute a 3 second cooldown, make it 25%, or make the mana cost higher. Wonderful idea though, I’m hyped for the new dungeon!

Implemented a cooldown of 5 seconds with a mana cost of just below the MP of a maxed trickster as well as a 67% damage reduction (thought 75% was too stark).

JESUS CHRIST 250 MP? You can only use this when you are maxed mana! :open_mouth:

Average mana at level 20 is 195. Add 100 mana with a ring of superior magic, and that’s already well above the 250 mana cost. Besides, the people who are using this will almost definitely have maxed mana.

What if…
Ur<->anus = ur anus
haha

That sprite looks friggin’ awesome.
Love how you managed to make a completely new look, I wish i’d thought of that.8.5/10

Uranus looks like an absolute demon, can’t wait for the new dungeon!8.5/10

:heart:

It feels a little complicated for such a simple game, but hey, that’s just me.

Nice sprite, did you make it?

As many other people said, you can steamroll everything extremely fast. It’s game-breaking kind of broken.

Also, for the clone, are you the only one who can attack the clone or can everyone else do so as well?

I’m guessing everyone can see it, as if only you can see it, it would be a crappy prism.

Also, other people can see your decoys, so I’m going to say yes.