The Lost Halls (new dungeon)

What’s your opinions on this? It’s going to be coming out soon according to Myzzyrm

Looks preety cool but, where should it drop from?

Probably a new event, or Lotll (hopefully a new event)

If it comes from oryx’s assistant like the other dungeons i’m gonna suicide all my characters no joke

i hope its not lotll like it doesnt fit him dropping it and already drops ice cave

what in tarnation new miniboss dropping another dungeon seems like cool idea

matrix tho

Maybe beholder can drop it ;)?

oh right i completely forgot that

it seems on par with a shatters difficulty, so i doubt that

They’ll probably make a new event. Or they’ll just be lazy and put it in janus

new event cause its way harder then shatts(pretty sure)

@Toastrz mods wanna open your old thread, tell them yes!

Do you remember if they did open testing for the Shatters? I won’t be here but it would be cool as heck if they did do some open testing.

I need to read through this dungeon again, but at its core (at least the dungeon itself, I forgot boss fights), I believe Toastrz designed this with simplicity and ease of implementation in mind.

No crazy new mechanics, identical rooms connected with adjacent hallways, so I’m guessing it’ll be similar to clearing most dungeons. Run into one room, double back into narrow hallways, pew pew, rinse&repeat.

A closed tester told me it wasn’t easy and there’ll be tons of deaths ($$ for Deca, but also that it got boring after a while. I’m definitely excited, and I hope Toastrz / Kidd will be able to live up to the expectations he set out for the community.

Btw why is kidd designing everything important xD

RIP BTEL, he just finished all his solos too.

Yeah, I believe open testing is needed for a dungeon of this caliber. I don’t think Deca is going to do that though.

Hopefully they didn’t change too much from the original, like what happened to shatters.

Probably because whenever I design something I think of its place inside the overall game and thus usually have a bigger impact on the game than randomly making a dungeon? :P.

Would be actually sorta cool if lotl would drop either lost halls or ice cave.

Nah, it’s just that you’ll always be:

in my heart <3. :wink:

It’s just that there are plenty of other members of the community, and I thought Deca would let them have a chance at coding a dungeon. But I guess you’re just too gud :thumbsup:

There’s multiple reasons why this is the case, I’ll try to explain it without saying anything I’m not allowed to.

First you need to be motivated to make a dungeon.
Second you need to have access to testing.
Third there’s a limit of how many people can work on things at once due to how things are set up (I won’t go into details).
Then you need to either be able to understand and use the game’s XML or have someone able to who is free and willing to help.

In the end this makes the amount of people able to create dungeon (for now at least) rather small.

The only reason I brought this up in the first place - and again, I’m not questioning your position as lead design, I have full trust in you - was because I saw “Lost Halls - (Kiddforce)”.

Which lead me to think that it was a different Lost Halls than Toastrz original dungeon, but I realized you were simply the guy in charge of making it. So I understand that Toastrz probably isn’t adept in the coding realm of things. Also Sues was there again, so I thought that Deca perhaps was unwilling to let other players design dungeons and would rather have trusted people design them again.

“Firstly, the opening of the starting room closes after 40 seconds, and the starting room will begin to flood with lava and force the Nexus or death of any leechers.”

lol

It’s both different and the same from my original document. To paraphrase what I said in a previous post, it’s even grander in scope than the document itself and is unlike any other dungeon. It’s been being developed all the way since October and has gone through several iterations, but we’ve arrived at something that I’m very pleased with and excited for. Kidd has done a phenomenal job bringing life into the idea, and it will no doubt be the next big thing for endgame content.

(And I can promise you it won’t come from Janus. I’d have every file of the Lost Halls deleted before letting that happen.)

Lost Halls Release Date