The Regular Bridge

I got a reply from Scorchmist saying that I need to get 15k posts read to become a regular. Using a calculator, I calculated how much time 10k posts would take to read, averaging 30 seconds a read, which is a little long, but including replies about accurate. The result came up to be 3.47 days. That’s only for 10k, 15k would be 5 days. That seems a little much to become a regular, IMO. Tell me if I’m right or wrong, and why. Thanks!

Actually it just takes a mere few seconds to read dozens of posts. Slowly scroll down a giant topic and it’ll count as it’s read.

SHHH i tried but it didn’t work it only registered a couple

To quality for Regular you have to have read (had on your screen for more than a second or so*) half the posts in the last 100 days, among other things.

That comes out to around 11,500 right now. You’re at 11,100. Not going to be an issue. The thing holding you back is you’ve only been here 25 out of the last 100 days. You need to be at 50%.

* You’ll see a little blue dot appear at the right of posts you haven’t seen before, but it disappears only a second or two later. That’s what marks you as having read a post or not.

Hmm who are you talking to? Not me cause I’ve only read 6.5k posts.

Not sure why your profile says that. According to the official Regular counter, you’re at 11.1k. You can’t see it, though, since it’s in the admin area.

Oh hey that makes my day! Mine says 6.7 k this is great I was so worried that I was going to have to do what trof said. I didn’t want to cheat the forums by doing that so thanks!

no… pls quote this…

It was me :stuck_out_tongue: and then doc stepped in and reminded me that it is 25% in the last 100 days not eternity

It’s kind of funny because forum games users get that post and read count up high, but it makes it difficult for people who don’t go to off topic often to read percentages.

There are just so many posts in here.

true. If they really wanted to, they could just scroll through it all, but its a slight flaw in the system, a while ago i have mute most of the forum games, and i have noticed the gap increasing between mine and shatter’s post count.

Ok sorry wrong person. I always get shatter and scorch mixed up.

oh ok…

Wait, but do #off-topic posts count towards being a regular?

Can someone fix it so we see the same thing as the regular counter? I bet its making a lot of people think they’ve read way less posts than they have.

I’m kind of curious, am I missing anything for regular besides not giving out enough likes?

Don’t think so - if I had to pick something I would say read time, but you’re doing good on everything but likes given.

Just give like 10 people likes and you’ll get regular :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t tell if this was meant for a mod or a general question. Oh well.

i think your low on likes, i remember reading in the discourse thing that you need to give like 20? but it also said the value could be changed.

Your posts read/topics read is also probably low.

In addition to likes, you’re way behind in browsing.

Topics Viewed 280/475
Posts Read 5843/11754

On a more serious note, the only important thing the Regular trust level gives you is rights to edit titles and move threads. It’s more responsibility, if anything, so it may not even be something you may want. I know plenty of regulars ignore those tools on purpose.

Do I have too many flagged posts to become regular?