The Whine Cellar: A Dungeon by POWER

First, A Personal Note

Hello Realm community,

My pseudonym is POWER; some of you may know me from the Wildshadow Era in 2013. Back then, I was an active forums member (enough to reach a ‘Regular’ status here at Realmeye), and I haven’t really touched ROTMG since that time. (It’s been four years: wow!) I’ve recently looked at these forums, an improvement from the “dark” days of Kabam, and I decided I was motivated enough to repost one of my old ideas in a new form.

The Idea

The titular idea is the Whine Cellar, a gag dungeon that pokes fun of noobs. This was one of my most successful ideas on Wildshadow, so I decided to start with this and continue to improve the idea. There seems to be a trend of posting longer ideas outside of the forums, so I decided to make a free little site “POWER’s Big Ol’ Ideacyclopedia” (Fun fact: back in Wildshadow, it really was big) to host the Whine Cellar and potentially future ideas. Below is a link:

Below is a (mostly) intact version of my idea as it appeared in Wildshadow:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130603063558/https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/152915

As I mentioned, this is a repost of my now-ancient idea as well as an improvement. As such, it is not finished and I will be improving the idea in the future (looking at some of the old images makes me cringe).

That’s all for now!

Signing off,

~POWER

So people will get their mules out for some nice 100% 12 weapons , T13 armours, T6 abilities and T6 rings?

10/10 finish plox, teh noobs 2 op for meh.

you should probably change the drop location to an event boss though, like “Eati, noob exemplar” or something.

Yeah, that would be more fitting. Don’t want a mass suicide of Level 1 Wizards!

Welcome to the forums! @PwrNewAcct , I was from the wildshadow forums era too, skipped out of the kabam era, but I have returned to this forum.

As for the idea it’s hilarious, could use some tweaking but using the unnamed accounts as minions is pretty cool and the fre itens phase hahhaa

edit: I finished reading it, this is absolutely amazing

I love how you put it on a website, good effort.

I like the originality and the format. The tiles are nice too.

Sprites are good.

Don’t allow the bosses to drop tops.

Staff and spell too OP and complicated. Pretty unique though maybe try to balance a little. The robe and the ring is… questionable, but it’s fine.

I don’t like how the portal drops from dead wizard it just encourages people to try to kill noobs

The UT drops should be ST since they form a set.

not necessarily, there are multiple sets in-game that are UT and not ST, for example the coral huntress.

But since these all drop from a specific character it should be ST. Its not like Coral huntress is a killable boss, its just a set.

It’s kind of sad that this is one of the most creative, high-effort dungeon ideas I’ve seen in a long time. I hope you finish it!

I don’t care, I’m sick of ST’s and there’s nothing wrong with a UT set.

I was thinking that as I read it, both depressing and hilarious.

I do not understand your logic, it is up to OP whether it be a UT or an ST, it doesn’t have to be an ST set.

This is constructed very well. The pictures and sprites are very nice. I like the details you put in the dungeon. I think it should drop from a different source maybe like from a event where you kill a huge wizard with a t0 staff.

Thank you all very much for your replies!

There seems to be a consensus that this dungeon isn’t balanced; after looking at the stats again after 4 years, I’d say the same. Even though the ‘dropped from level 1 wizard death’ is quite fitting given the context, I agree that such a mechanic would be highly destructive for gameplay. I could design some sort of event boss for the dungeon drop, but I feel that would not be apt for this type of joke.

I don’t actually know what ST is, as I was away for four years. Could someone explain?

Glad you enjoyed it! If I have enough free time, I’ll post my moonshot, Dimension Zero, which is far more ambitious (probably why it was never done).

Thank you! What are your thoughts on current ROTMG and these forums?

A ST is basically a set tier. They are tradeable and once you equip the entire set, you receive a set bonus and the skin of your projectile and character will change.

Back on topic, this gave me a good laugh! I really hope you finish this and make more dungeons.

If you ever need any spriting help, feel free to contact me! I’m always down for making sprites.

Very nice dungeon! This dungeon is simultaneously well-made and hilarious.
I really have no criticisms for this idea, save from the fact that it’s not complete.
9/10. Great idea! I can’t wait for it to be complete!

These forums are very nice! More organized and modern than the old wildshadow forums, man I used to spend all my time on the WS forum. I sorta skipped out on the Kabam era, deca is doing a lot better and hopefully they’ll release some cool new content soon.

Made a sprite for the Philosonoob of the Forums (lol, getting back into pixel art). How do you like it?