This thing. WTF is the point of it? [Urgle]

Bingo.

RMG pretty much already answered this, but their beam isnā€™t truly a single beam. Itā€™s several horizontal projectiles being fired at an interval to make it seem like some sort of laser. The Trap Elements are really shooting these.

Urgles themselves arenā€™t the direct cause of their infamous lag. Itā€™s because of the amount of Trap Elements they spawn, all of which are firing these beams of several individual projectiles. That adds up and can cause lag on less stable connections.

Huh, neat thanks.

Iā€™m was just thinking to myself ā€œobsidian dagger lasers, obsidian dagger lasersā€ the entire time.

So if the exams arenā€™t actually lasers, would it theoretically be possible let to run through the beam without getting hit? Or does the firing interval/projectile speed make it literally impossible for your characters hit box to ā€˜fitā€™?

If you get a brief lag spike, itā€™ll stagger a wave of the beams and you may see an opening that you can go through. Itā€™s too dense to fit through normally, though.

Guys: I just found something outā€¦ I have been playing on chrome this whole time and blaming it on my wifiā€¦ just tried Firefox, no delays! Thank you guys so much!

The funny part is: they donā€™t cause any lag. If an urgle lags you, so does a single leviathan. I donā€™t know how those people think lag works.

Armor break+djinn or levy=rip 8/8(If your careless)

(On a crappy computer) So, after using IE and Chrome, I still prefer Chrome. When Chrome lags, your FPS goes to &*%@, but on IE, your character keeps moving in a direction until the lag stops. I have lost characters due to IE lag.

But if your comp isnā€™t *%^(, use IE with pre-20 flash player.

Itā€™s purpose is to get lucky and armor break people and kill my friend with his jugg on.

Understandable too, I used Firefox on an old laptop when my chrome was being really weird (was probably a virus, and I still have intentions to clean and restore that laptop too, which has been partly done), but it feels weird when you know that you have 2 browsers downloaded by you lol

well urgles are there to just ruin your day. Why would there not be some monster thatā€™s designed to do that?

Also, hereā€™s some problems about browser clients.
Internet explorer is indeed the least laggiest browser for rotmg, but the controls are for some reason glitched, making you move one tile per tiny tap. Chrome is prone to rubberbanding, and firefox has typical freeze spikes. Itā€™s best to use flash projector, since the only type of lag happens because of wifi problems and game problems (which should be rare if you know how to set up wifi)

The Urgle!: ā€œLivening up event quests since Wildshadow daysā€.

Ex:

2/8 sorc died EXACTLY like that

(Wowā€¦ 3 months later :open_mouth:)

Huh? @moderators any reason for the lack of auto close?

Isnā€™t it all posts (unless mods change them) auto close after 2 months???

An excellent question. I do not know.

Ā 

</thread>