Trade server hackers

Heya!

Today I would like to have your opinion on a specific kind of hackers mainly found on the common trading server, USW3. I am talking about the hackers capable of seing people’s inventory without trading or anything. With this ability, they are capable of finding rapidly people with the items they search, and so reduce trading time.

So what do you think? Do you think it is really bad and all of those should be reported, or do you think that they might as well just continue doing this, as they make trading easier and faster? I don’t really know what to think about this : on the one hand, they are quite useful at making trading easier, and everytime I found some, they just made trading easier, and so I had more time to play the game. On the other hand, this is hacking and by nature is not autorised, as it gives advantage on other players.

Tell me what you think below! Have a good day.

Well I don’t quite see how you can prove they are able to see your inventory, so how would you plan on reporting them?

Well, when you see people running at you, trading and asking for the items to trade even before you accepted the trade, you put that in a video and boom you have a proof.

But you have no proof they are using a hacked client, what if someone approaches you simply asking for an item, and you happen to have it. You call that proof enough that he’s a cheater? It’s not as simple as video evidence of a player using a noclip hack. Asking you for an item you happen to have doesn’t mean they are a cheater.

You are right on that point. But anyways, the point wasn’t to know how to denounce them, but how to react to them.

Note that this isn’t a question I ask like I would ask something in the questions and answers sections. It’s more of a debate at the moment, and I’d like to have some opinions about this.

I’m pretty sure that the majority of these guys uses other hacks too

Let’s imagine we are in the best of worlds, and they only use this hack. What would you think about it?

Thats unrealistic, but even in that case it would be unfair to the legit guys who try to buy the same item

Tbh, it doesn’t really matter to me. If it means I get my trades faster, because I have what they are looking for, yay for me. If it means I have to decline a few traders cuz I’m not selling my 8 def for life, then who cares.

I’ll be honest that I’ve used those trading bots in the past to get what I want :sweat:

What do I think?

Half the time it’s not what I’m looking for; as in I have a bunch of life and this guy spams me 10 trades in a row because he wants to sell his shitty gsorc.

So no, I don’t like them.

I mean they are an inconvenience sometimes, but of all the hacks that people use, I’d say this is one of the most harmless.

It is pretty harmless but,

because it’s annoying.

Especially if it covers up the other trades that pop up, where people actually have the items you’re looking for unlike the, “BUY MY RECOMP PLOXXX!” spam trades.

I feel you. I mean I don’t LIKE them. I’d honestly just rather have you seeing my inventory than no-clipping. You know what I mean?

No, because the trade hacks are embedded into your average hacked client. That is, if you’re spam trading someone, you’re probably using auto-nexus and a variety of other hacks since spam trading is usually fairly obvious. As such, those people probably aren’t too afraid to use some other obvious hacks.

(Obvious because you can’t possibly CNTRL + V at some of the speeds those guys click trade at. And it’s bullshit if they tell you they made their own script, that probably accounts for 1% of the spam traders)

Fair point.

I logged on yesterday on USWest3, I didn’t move and I didn’t say anything, but all of a sudden I get ten trade requests in 2 seconds from this guy wanting to buy the mana in my inventory.

But, if I’m trading gear I usually look at people’s gear and see if they need it then I’ll trade them

I have used a client with that feature before, so I have some knowledge on how it works. I do not recommend using trade hacks because it could lead to a possible ban in the future. During the short use of the client (a few years ago on a mule) I noticed that you can search items and spam trade the people that have them. After 30 mins or so of using this, I was really overwhelmed and removed it from my computer.

I think it should be removed because its a type of advantage that other people don’t have or want to use. Its annoying and I regret ever using it.

You mean you haven’t because your next sentence says you have little knowledge about using it.

Did you read that I have used it for a short amount of time?? It seems like you are trying to bust me for using them a long time ago. I admitted that I used them…

No, I thought it was mistake.

Like say you haven’t used them so you obviously would have little knowledge about it.