The Projectile alternates from being slightly to the left then right each shot

“These blades were used by the great berserkers of the past who feared nothing”

Stats:

Damage: 70-155

Range: 5.6

Rate of Fire: 25%

Fame Bonus: 5%

Effect:

As you may have noticed, this dagger has a 25% rate of fire and actually not much damage to compensate for that.

The effect of this dagger is as long as you continuously fire it, you will gradually gain 30% more rate of fire per second HOWEVER you will lose 11.66% movement speed per second as well. This lasts up to 5 seconds
so at max charge, you will have about 1.7X fire rate but 41.7% of your original movement speed.

Think of it like this, it’s a minigun that fires faster when you wind it up but makes you go slower.

There will be a bar above your hp bar or head in game that shows how many seconds you have been firing it continuously and when you will reach max charge.

EDIT: ok I removed the armor status effect at full charge and changed a few stats 6 seconds to full charge -> 5 seconds

Random Pieces of Equipment

oh i feel proud! :heart: to have inspired an idea :smile:

you the best :slight_smile:

However, for my Chu co nu idea, i was also thinking about changing rate of fire and doing the bar effect (which is where i inspired you i guess). I ran into some issues

how does Rate of fire work when they are just clicking on and off on the mouse, meaning they arent continously firing?

Also the concept of charge was an idea that i had for multiple version of my weapon. But i trashed it, b/c it was too complex.

Also how balanced is it? you should talk about how it compares to the other daggers, and when it is stronger etc.

also what happens when you switch the weapon?

ehh… i remember haivng more issues, but i totally forgot them!

if they arent continuously firing it just resets when you switch you go back to normal spd and whatever other dagger ur using

(the darker lines are for trickster, the blue dagger is your dagger at full power)

problems I see:

1. this is a dagger. considering the abilities of trickster and rogue, that itself is a problem. it takes 6s to get to full power, which is only 1s longer than a typical cloak time. you can use an extra cloak to get to full power safely while then using more cloaks to rip them to shreds. tricksters (and rogues using plane to an extent) can opt to teleport around instead of walking. the decrease in speed doesn’t really make any difference to them, so they can turn on autofire and run around with double def and a fully charged double dagger.

2. armored. is this even necessary? wouldn’t the point of this be to reward risk takers by reducing their speed? kind of over the top

3. damage. etherite still beats this at respectable levels, (on rogue at least) but it always beats out foul at full charge. the advantage of foul over etherite is range, but you dagger still has the full range plus armored

so do you just stay at maxed charge? would be used for like… shats 1st boss. [quote=“Proasdfase, post:1, topic:3721”]
you will gain armored status effect.
[/quote]

also dont think this should be here just saw this.

personally like my chu co nu V2 more. althought its prob at like V8 right now

Thanks Xaklor I removed armored and changed some minor things

I don’t know how to fix problem 1 though

Hey! I like this idea, The dagger seems a bit hard to use for classes needed. But I like the idea of more you shoot the faster it goes, Plus the sprite movement! I’d say take the damage down by maybe 5 or 10, from Xaklor’s Point, It shouldn’t be able to beat out the other daggers so easily IMO. Great idea though!

Quite interesting. Don’t know how hard it would be to implement it, tho.

First time I read this I thought “holy shit, this means that after 5 seconds I’ll have -70 speed?”, but then I saw

So I believe you meant “you will lose 14% movement speed per sencond”.

Apparently this originally had an armored buff at full charge, but I think the way it is now is much better.

Here, take this like.

Hey, where is that idea? I haven’t seen it. D:

to be honest,the sprite look like daedra sword in skyrim

ty I forgot the percent [quote=“Werbenja, post:10, topic:3721”]

Hey, where is that idea? I haven’t seen it. D:
[/quote]

he hasn’t released it yet lol

haha! ehh, putting on hold, working on spell/scepter/sword rn.

INB4 people say “OMG this weapon so good for chests” :rolling_eyes:.

I like this idea! Kinda reminds me of the ‘sludge shuriken’ idea I had a while back, this is even better because it is for a faster class than ninja. This would be absolutely insane with berserk, a dex ring and the obsidian dagger.

I feel like 30% is a bit overkill, since even the status effect slow does less on something with 75 speed. I calculated how a 30% speed reduction would translate with this page.

1 actual speed in TPS (tiles per second) = 4 + 5.6 * (SPD / 75)

The formula above isn’t pulled straight from my ass (like usual) but I actually pulled it off RealmeEye. Let’s try this out on a 75 speed class (just for the giggles).

4 + 5.6 * (75 / 75) = 4 + 5.6 * (1) = 9.6 TPS

As such, a 30% movement speed reduction would result in,

9.6 TPS * 30% = 2.88 TPS

When you are slowed, you have a movement speed of 4 TPS, so the 30% on a 75 speed class would be worse than being slowed.

Idk, just my opinion.

A 30% reduction would mean you’d be multiplying the value (9.6 TPS) by 70%, or subtracting the value by 30%. You’d actually be moving 6.72 TPS, not 2.88. You can’t math wrong on the internet or else someone will see you :frowning:

How would this affect the player if they are slowed? Would the reduction apply on top of that or not at all. (Slowness brings the player’s speed to the base value, so if the slow effect is applied after the 30% reduction, then nothing will happen.)

I haven’t thought of that yet maybe slowness will stack with this as an exception

Fuck, I can math.

Wait, wait, wait, isn’t the movement speed reduction this weapon gives 70% after the five seconds? If so, @UnicornSla did the math right, he just stated it wrongly.

That’s true. @UnicornSla you can math :smile:

I sorta just based this off his post, it was a while ago when I looked at the first post. Now that I think about it, 30% of your total speed is unreasonable. The lowest it should go is 50%, otherwise very few people would use this item. The only time I know I’d use it would maybe be on a Trickster or a Rogue with the Mantle of Skuld.

That’s what I think anyway. (10% TPS lost per sec.)

Yeah, agreed.

Or we (and by we I mean Proasdfase, of course, it’s his idea) could make it 11,666% movement speed loss per second. That would bring us to approximately 4 TPS after the 5 seconds, assuming max speed. This way, fully charged Twin Blades would essentially leave you with a slow debuff.