Various item ideas, by Xaklor [updated with 2 new UT's]

if it makes you feel better, think of it as “to be announced”, but I’ve always thought that adding new white bags to currently existing dungeons is incredibly silly, and that’s all anyone ever talks about. so I’m not doing it.

why not both? set time bombs right before they activate and then try to keep them paralyzed and let the bombs blow up when the paralysis wears off. because at some point they’re all going to attack at once and suddenly everyone backs off and they start moving again.

rushing was definitely not the intention. I am aware that the cooldown makes it extremely difficult to rush with. the point of this is to be used in combat against large groups of enemies or during boss fights.

I am fully aware of this, I mentioned it in the second half of that very sentence. and multiple times during the quiver’s paragraph. I want to know how many people think it’s powerful and how many people think it’s completely overpowered. I personally would have to play this in testing and feel it for myself to make the call, simply because I’m having a hard time imagining making that shot on O2 with all his minions. I’m sure it’s possible, but idk how hard it actually would be.

Who said you need to specify exactly what drops your items?

If you’re interested in that aspect of balancing items, you can just say from what kind of enemy you want them to drop and give a ballpark figure for what the drop rate could be, for example “this should drop from a mid-level dungeon at a rate of 1/100-1/200” or “this should drop from an event boss at event white drop rate”.

Your Trap costs 140, Ctrap costs 130. Unless I have about 2 or 3 Divines equipped, chances are I’m not gonna be able to use both simultaneously with some degree of effectiveness.

There’s also the problem of your Traps being much more susceptible to being eaten by an Invulnerable phase, since in their case there is no special effect to inflict and only the damage counts.

Restricting the bosses’ movements in order to get more Dbow shots in is going to be more effective than wasting all of your Mana just to do a little bit more damage, anyway.

It’s not even useful to prevent trash mobs from blindsiding you, since artifacts are invulnerable while moving towards you and Scarabs get instakilled by Ctrap already.

Obviously if there’s already an actual Mystic in there, it’s game over for Oryx (unless a Henchman gets killed before you make the shot and Oryx blocks it with a clutch Henchman spawn).

Otherwise it’s indeed not that easy on Archer, since contrary to Ninja you don’t have the speed to reposition yourself where the trash mobs aren’t to get an easy shot on O2. But if people can get QoT shots at O2 before last phase, chances are they could get a shot of your Quiver too.

(one thing you also need to remember: Santa Oryx has more Henchmen than regular O2).

I realize now so i deleted it.

All pretty bad.

bumped, also removed bow of the forgotten star since leaf bow got buffed and added “Holy Ray Spell”

Nice idea! It’s a useful item for enemies that are constantly moving or that are difficult to land a perfect spellbomb on. I would use it for sure.

Also, I realized I hadn’t Liked this yet. I’ll Like it now.

How did I miss this idea? a :candy: for you @Xaklor! I really like these ideas!

:blush:

good thing i checked in, i would’ve missed the new spell

so the clarify, i have my mous in a spot and it automatically shoots at the closest enemy, but if the enemy moves, then im screwed? Do the shots move like normal bullets (meaning they can be blocked) or are they those magical particles that normal spells have?

srry to bump

pretty much, but between the speed at which these ray shots are fired and the speed at which they actually move, you’re probably going to hit a quite a few shots before it moves. that’s what makes this spell different, it’s best suited for single targets, particularly those that don’t move or move very slowly.

well since normal spell shots are normal bullets, I’d have to say these are normal bullets as well. (if you’re asking whether or not the shots pierce enemies the answer is no)

i mean when you shoot the spell, it tooks those weird particle things and explodes when it reaches your mouse. that thing.

but looking at it again i think it has normal shot style b/c it wouldnt make sense other wise.

Hey Xaklor, Theres a few things I would like to comment on some of your items, so yeah!

Mini-trap

Nice sprite, and nice idea, not really much to say about this :U.

Time Bomb

This is pretty much like the mini-trap, its a great sprite and a good idea, it would be nice if there was an animation to the trap when it is spawned something like…

Made at https://imgflip.com/images-to-gif

…Though that could just be me being nit-picky :confused:

Old Relic/Archaic Scepter

I actually never knew scepters had range o_O, up until now of course! It seems really great as as UT and I would really like to see this in game (one can dream :confused: ) The sprite gives off that feel of age which is quite fitting.

Timestop Quiver

That 1 feed power <3

All jokes aside, the quiver is kind of overpowered, not really in the sense that the archer himself/herself can continuously permastun, but that the archer can start it, it kind of makes steamrolling super easy now that the archer can provide such power to the raid, but nonetheless I really like the concept of the idea!

Ancient Spell: Pulse

I find the sprites for this a tad bit too similar to some existing sprites, but yeah as you mentioned…

Well I tried :confused: and I can say the same for mine XD

I really like how its very versatile, yet situational, a very UT item overall!

Holy Ray Spell

Hmm, I don’t know what to feel about this one :I . I guess the number of shots can be reduced to about 10~15, I could be wrong on this, but it might be easier to have less shots to travel in order for it to fire more accurately/hastily, I feel like thats just me since reducing it might make the damage a tad bit too high for certain situations.

Can I have my Ancient Spell Idea back? Thanks for Stealing.

can you not steal my idea while I’m still using it? that’d be swell.

(how could I steal it anyway? I’ve never seen you before lol)

Oh my God, tear this dude apart.

/s

Where is your spell idea?
Could you link it, I can’t find it

You’ve never posted an ancient spell idea?

Also, pretty hard to believe you when you’ve claimed Uomo stole your sprites.

guys,

I appreciate the support but can we not do this?
chill xD

I absolutely agree with your argument against the tier system (in the Mini Trap idea), I think it’s stupid how T6 prisms and T6 traps are used less otherwise not at all compared to their T0 counterparts, which almost everyone uses. It completely defeats the idea of having a tiered system.

Other than that, I especially like the Archaic Sceptre and the Time Bomb. Good work.

well dang, I can’t edit the OP anymore, moderators if you could copy+paste everything below these lines to underneath the ones under the Holy Ray spell that’d be nice :heart_decoration:

Done.

(thanks, Doc)