Vault or char slot? also free vault and char slot idea

so should I buy 1 more vault or char slot?
and I think deca should make free vault or char slot, but only if u play for specific amount of time, like maybe after u create your account and play for about 4-6 months they will give you 1 free vault or char slot, and continue to play for another 6-7 months they will give you free char slot, and the timer only count if you actively kill monster in the game, also that only happen 1 time per account, cuz let’s be honest some of the player don’t really have money to spend on the game or maybe they’re not old enough to make money, and I think its a fair deal, yeah that is my opinion

Vault

Character slot if you only have one slot

This idea sounds an awful lot like this one.

Sadly, this is the reality of a f2p game. If you want charslots or vault chests, consider throwing a little money Deca’s way—don’t think of it as spending money to buy gold, think of it as supporting the game (and the gold is a fringe benefit).

well maybe only 1 vault or char and need 9-10 months? tbh that is really fair now also the guy in that post ask for free vault, mine is play the game for a long time seriously, sounds really good to me, maybe crank it up to 1 year of playing? and if players can last playing the game for 1 year I think ppl gonna spend some money in it at some point

nvm I didn’t read the post carefully

I think you should be able to buy the 2nd character slot with fames, maybe even the 3rd. The reason of this is people that doesn’t want/cannot put money into the game will not be able to play correctly. First, they would not be able to join a decent guild, as those most of the time ask for multiple characters. Second, they wouldn’t be able to farm fames without killing their highly poted character. Third, I forgot the 3rd reason x3

TL:DR : we need to be able to buy character slots without paying in real money.

You shouldn’t spend money on a game if you aren’t old enough to make money …

You can play this game entirely fine without spending money.
TL DR: Don’t think it is going to happen

I mean playing with other people and/or in a good guild… Trust me, the only guilds I was invited, with my one character slot, were 0/8 blue star guilds.

I don’t wish for this to come across as elitist, but…0/8 blue star “starter” guilds have their purpose. That’s where most players begin to understand the metagame (pot farming, eventing, account development, muling (if need be), and so on). If that’s where you are as a player, then that’s the right kind of guild for you to be in right now, and the friends you make there will stick with you as you all progress together.

I still have fond memories of mine. (What, you thought I was born into QQPP? No, I had to work my way up, too.)

If Deca gives everyone a free char slot or chest, that isn’t going to magically impart knowledge or make you a better player.

That’s not what I meant.

Because I only have one character slot, I can only have one living character, and multiple guilds want at least 2 characters. Furthermore, I am not at the 0/8 light blue star level anymore. I’m more at the 4/8 to 6/8 status. The problem is that when I die with such a character, nobody sees me anymore as a “good player”, but much more as a “noob”. If I had a second slot, I would have at least 1 serious character, and I wouldn’t be seen as a 0/8 blue star n00b.

I mean, anybody could say they think a person with multiple vaults full of gear and at least two 6/8 characters is a good player.

Then you understand the importance of muling to store pots? Or the importance of having a dedicated potfarming character (possibly on another account)? If that’s the case, then you’ll be back up to 4/8 or 6/8 pretty quickly.

People who say that are wrong. I know plenty of people with multiple vaults full of gear and at least two 6/8 characters, and they’re downright lousy at the game.

I just realized there’s no point in arguing about that, as people can only show they play well if they have good items.

But in fact, having good items is just about farming, getting lucky and running mules. I don’t have the time to run mules, neither to farm, and I’m plain unlucky. Maybe I should just abandon RotMG and find a game rewarding the player for playing well, and not this.

thats me!

but yeah… have 1 char and 1 vault is kinda hard, ik @Zquidx has that but he got invited to derviation. Although, Derviation is a different kind of guild.

Conformation bias.

Tbh, why would DECA try to support f2p players?

It’s like handing makeup samples out to boys.

Why are you giving them free stuff, they aren’t going to buy anything!

so they can be satisfied, they still want the vaults, backpacks and slots but they just don’t want to spend money. Maybe then when giving them free stuff it’ll give them a better realm experience, have them play more and maybe buy in the future

No. If you start giving them free stuff, then they won’t see a “need” to purchase items. If they really enjoy the game, they will spend money, or they will do swagbucks etc if they cannot spend money.

This is not true-
Giving someone free stuff means happier consumer which means more revenue!

Doesn’t work like that.

If you give free stuff away, say a backpack they will receive it, they’re happy but will still want to buy something in the future.
If you don’t give anything away a player will still want to buy something, but they aren’t as happy.
A happy player will probably buy things more.

However I do agree with you now they shouldn’t give out some stuff like char slots or vaults often

They should give a vault every 2 years. Like every other motmg. But giving a free char slot will hurt them for then it will help them, because they would I have to give to everyone. Then I would no longer need to buy a 3rd character to fame train on(real situation). Then, DECA would lose a lot of money.

Giving out chests is fine once in a while, char slots should be premium only.

lots of times it goes like this:

they get a backpack and see how awesome it is, then they want these for all of their characters! So then they buy gold, its like those free- trail for games/apps/food.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.