Weird RotMG Announcement

I personally think that Deca should ban racist people temporarily (as a warning for the first time), and not ban people for swearing (unless they are bypassing the swear filter).

Iā€™m not saying that its a bad thing, Iā€™m just saying that there are lots of things with a higher priority.

This is great. I hope this helps with the amount of 11 year olds who think itā€™s okay to call out terrible slurs.

So does anyone know specifically what words you have to say that get you banned? Or is it just ā€œracial slursā€

Donā€™t want to get a White Bag in the realm that turns out to be a Cdirk, and say ā€œHOLY FCKING SHT NO F*CKING WAY OMG WTF LEL XDā€ and then get banned. Thatā€™ll be pretty suicidal irl :frowning:

Personally i dont really swear in chat, but i just usually say

fck

but not a huge fan of this, since everyone will be all stiff, but its good to get rid of the discrimination of rudeness that happens in game

In my country the term ā€œNiggerā€ is still widely used, heck we have places named, Niggerhead, Niggerhill, etc. Itā€™s not widely derogatory here, Iā€™m gonna have to be a bit more careful not that I use it much in game but on occasion ā€œNiggsā€ pops out of my chat window

Edit: We also have Bi-Lingual Passports and my countries natives are Dark skinned and use the term widley, we love our natives and they know its not derogotory

Tbh, most of the people using racial slurs arenā€™t actually racist. Itā€™s just this new edgy internet culture thatā€™s immerging that kinda branches off from idubbz, francis of the filth, etc. Itā€™s like this anti-liberal/irony based humor that also consists of acting like racists as a way to mock them. Thatā€™s all besides the point though. My concern is that if DECA is now dropping the ban hammer on derogatory language, is it really up to them to decide what you should act like on the internet? Iā€™m sure that everyone against this statement will argue that they just donā€™t want that on their platform and thatā€™s understandable but the ban hammer is incredibly harsh. Hours upon hours poured into a game only for it to be all for nothing because a few adolescents or ā€œlawful goodā€ adults got a little booty bothered? I think using ā€œmoral groundsā€ such as, ā€œtrying to teach children that itā€™s not ok to use such languageā€ is not their responsibility.
Edit: few typos
2nd edit: Iā€™d also like to add that you can turn the offensive language filter on or off. Why should any offensive language be a bannable offense if there is already an option to filter such text? If you donā€™t want to see it, you donā€™t have to. But those who use a word that has too much controversy gets banned? Lol are f&%#@$g kidding me? Decided to censor myself because I might get banned :confused: . Actually a little salty about this one.

im afraid of people fabricating evidenceā€¦

although, i feel like this is just one of those things they do to get the publicity around, like what they did for ROTMG troller and Spencer. Also for the ā€œJew Eliminationā€ guild.

what is the n word

Nipples

im pretty sure thats not it

Youā€™re better off not knowing

Clearly DECA is going to start banning people.

Start? They already have

have they thoughā€¦

Yes, multiple people in the PTrain

please tell me
i dont want to accedentally say it and get reported

Nigeria?

Chat logsā€¦?

oh fck, i forgot about that.

they recently added those right?