Weird RotMG Announcement

and does it even say in ToS anything about profanity? unless towards someone?

Is saying ‘Fuck you’ or ‘kys’ now bannable?
Also there is vulgar in there, can’t I say ‘I got a sweet ASS’ anymore?
And there’s intentionally misleading, which could mean anyone who false calls dungeons could get banned.
And what is harmful language? I didn’t know words on a screen can cause physical trauma.

It’s naevus

It doesn’t say anything about profanity either. Frankly, it shouldn’t need to. The reason why the community is so toxic is because the Devs gave us the benefit of the doubt. We, as a community, done goofed, so to speak. I think DECA is trying to potentially scare us onto the path to a more unified and alive game.

vulgar

All that blurb really means is that Deca reserves the right to ban anyone according to their own judgement and discretion.

So theres really nothing more to say about possibly getting banned for swearing because you’re most likely not, unless you’re being extremely toxic towards some players.

On the other hand, there was that Jew Elimination scandal because it was really sudden. I’m fine as long as Deca is consistent with their policy.

No one would like it if they strictly prohibited swearing one day randomly and banned everyone who swore. They’re allowed, but it’s be just like the Jew Elimination scandal again; too abrupt.

Eyes and ears everywhere… oh god the sheep in vault and bunnies in nexus are corrupt

Extremely ironic for you to state that people should be banned simply for the words they use

I’m not an advocate for people being banned just for being toxic, everyone has their off days, including you. It doesn’t warrant the kind of bans they’ve been giving out, especially since much of the usage of the n-word in the modern age has no malicious intent. Context is a thing that exists…

Don’t want the community to be toxic? Do your part and don’t be toxic, that’s the only way the community actually gets better, when players actually decide to be respectful to one another.

Been saying that for years.

It’s also the reason why I’ll probably never stop being at least somewhat abrasive on the forums: because I feel it’s the kind of response I personally need sometimes, and it’s the only way to get conversations going.

He didn’t say that in chat though. He said it on an external platform that Deca isn’t responsible for.

In the majority of cases, people without malicious intent will spell it “nigga”. I haven’t seen that many cases of people actually saying “nigger” and meaning no harm with it.

Also, regardless of intent, maybe Deca just doesn’t want that kind of discussion to take place on their service. And can you really blame them for that? They’re hosting a video game, not a serious political forum.

I’ll end this with a question: what was the context for those bans? Are you just speculating or do you know for a fact there was no malicious intent? For all you know, it could have been some dumbass saying “niggers need to hang from trees” in chat just to be edgy.

Where the hell did you see that

Also, there’s context to why I sent that message:

Something racist

nigeria? no, niger? no nexus? no i give up
http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/words-that-start/n

no? nibble? nada? nigh? normal?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

jesus these walls of text

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.