What are the system requirements for Realm?

Hi, I’m a new forum user. I want to know whether I can run RoTMG on a Intel® Celeron N2840 with 2GB of DDR3L with 802.11n wifi. The computer model is a Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-131-C3SZ. I would like 25-40 FPS with minimal net jitter.

Thank you,
TROLLDLLR

Nu-uh.

You’re fucked with the word ChromeBook.

Download an application that switches your platform to Windows on a ChromeBook.

I just want to know the system requirements to run at 30 FPS…

:frowning:

Let me tell you that playing on a Chromebook will always make you lag.

It’s literally unplayable.

Ok thank you, I will decide on a windows laptop instead.

##Welcome to the forum @TROLLDLLR!

###Have a :cookie:.

Moved this to tech support.

Find something with at least 4gb of ram. No chromebooks or macs. i3 should be more than enough for processor. Ethernet is key to eliminating server lag.

Mac works well if the processor is good enough

One thing I’ve noted is that Realm can be ran with almost ANY graphics card. It is almost entirely CPU based, so make sure you focus most of the cash into buying a nice CPU. The more you invest into it, the better the FPS (you actually might want to get a really nice one).

I’m using a Mac with 4 GB ram/ i5

Besides being less powerful than a traditional laptops, Chromebooks also cannot use the Adobe version of Flash. It instead uses pepperflash, which works well enough for most things but is notably poor at running RotMG. You’ll have a bad time playing RotMG on anything but the official Adobe Flash platform (browser plug-in, steam, or stand-alone flash projector).

@Endertimes

Microsoft Edge worked for me, in fact I would use it over flash player if I could watch Pokemon while playing on browser t.t

IE/Edge just uses the Adobe plug-in, does it not? I thought Chrome (and it’s variants) were the only ones that used their own alternative.

oh I misunderstood it.

I thought you said flash projector was the only way to play

rip

Otherwise, unless you’re using a mac, as long as you have flash player you can run rotmg. I ran rotmg for about 2 years on a 5+ year old labtop with about 4 keys broken, the left/right click broken and all usb ports broken. Worked fine for rotmg, worked terribly for everything else.

Really?

A simple Google search can yield the wonders of results.

I tried, but it didn’t yield any full answers

Chances are you’re going to be paying more for a Mac than for a pc of equal value, stat wise. I’m inferring if one were to buy a new computer, chromebooks and macs aren’t optimal.

Thank you! Final question. What is the minimum clock speed needed for my CPU?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.