What Do Our Characters Feel?

So I just had a random thought. Our characters take literally thousands of bullets in their lifetimes. Doesn’t it hurt like hell for them to get shot with arrows, sliced by blades, or zapped by elemental energy day in and day out? And the thought of imminent death must always be at the front of their minds.

Do you think they hate it? I would. Instead of Oryx’s minions, are we the real monsters, making our characters go through this?

I’d like to hear if and what you guys think about irrelevant things like this. Oh, and feel free to move this to Off-Topic or wherever. I didn’t really know where to put it.

I really wonder how tf one can be healed by a pet. It makes no sense at all.

Now this, is the deepest shit i’ve ever heard…

I sincerely feel that Realm is like a metaphor of life, we are merely pawns in the hands of destiny, we must do what destiny wishes for us to do, we are puppets, in Realm, we are destiny, and the characters the puppets, they do anything we want them to do, they are oblivious of our existence, they feel that they are making independent choices, but their path’s are being molded by us, the monsters in the game are actually the emotions of the character, trying to unbind them from our control and setting them free, the death of the characters is actually their freedom, which is why we can’t control dead characters.
In conclusion, characters do not feel anything, once they die, however, they are released from our shackles and feel joy…

I just spiralled away from the topic didn’t i?

If you want a real answer ask @Life

No, this is exactly what I wanted. Thank you for this equally deep feedback.

Did you smoke something?

You okay?

I actually think they like taking a shit ton of bullets to the face. Can’t you hear the sound of joy they let out when they get hit?

My question is why there’s a big black dinosaur living in a giant stone castle that likes to drink wine and can talk.

Well, if you were a big black dinosaur, wouldn’t you do the same?

They feel harassed that there’s an asshole and an idiot controlling them

*hits blunt

I know I would. Maybe he’s sad and angry that his dinosaur family was wiped out when the meteor hit, and he is really depressed that he was the only survivor.

At least that would explain the drinking.

10h version yes pls

My 4/8 knight: I hate that archer.
My 1/8 knight: You idiot why would you go afk when you know there are armor piercing hulks
My 0/8 knight: I hate lag.

actually, if you think about it this way, you are the character. YOU are trapped in the realms by Oryx and YOU have to work your way around it to defeat him. once YOU defeat him, you pretty much get sent out of the realms and back into your old work, but since this is a game, the cycle only repeats.

remember, they do have armor, plus magic potions that make them more resilient to damage in general. they probably don’t feel much, because it doesn’t actually hurt anyway or they’re just that used to it.

if they don’t, I’m guessing they’ve fetishized pain, and enjoy it a great deal.

And what is blinking like, do you just look at their arm and be like “oh shit” or what? Besides how do they nexus, by incantation or do they have to hold a special stone?

:confused: when this forum becomes a giant landmine of philosophy…

this is the deepest shit i have ever seen in rotmg history

No, you got it all wrong. He’s a big black dinosaur, he can do as he pleases. So he bought a giant stone castle and now he drinks wine all day. And he learned how to speak.