What shall I merch?

Hey guys I finally built up a suitable portfolio to merch.

I want to merch, but I have some difficulty sometimes, like people always trying to barter.

I have 2 pixies, 9 life, acrop and rainbows and Atk.

Yes or No

Buy (T6 helm and seal) for 2 life sell for 2.5

Buy Souless 5, Sell for 6

Farm rainbows on war sell individual ones 8:1

Buy Hydra 1 Life Sell for 1.5

Buy Life 5:1

Also, is there a way not to feel like shit? I traded a noob sold him def, 5 for a life. I felt really bad ripping him off.

Meanie, tricking that noob! (We would have all done it though)

Well he had like 8 life, so I guess he might have had a rich friend or won a giveaway or bought the life.

or you could just buy life for 5 def and sell for 6 as thatā€™s pretty consistant.

This is something that not many people know, but there is actually a pretty strong market for rock candy. The little grenade things. I have dozens of mules filled with them that I bought for 1def each, and I sell them off for up to a life.

About Rock Candy Merching

As a seller, you should always put yourself in the position of the buyer. Iā€™m sure you have found yourself in a position where you need an item quite badly, but merchers have flooded the market so much with their listings that it becomes impossible to find a fair trade. Donā€™t contribute to this problem, please donā€™t merch, it hurts everyones gains in the end, and wastes time :confused:

you want to know a really fucking easy way to get rich at literally no cost?

buy vit 2:1 or 3:1 and sell 8;1 for life on realmeye.

E A S Y M O N E Y

Merching does plenty good for the market. It provides consistency in pricing over periods of time. You can always find the item you are looking for at market price; the price might just not be the one that YOU want to pay, because you arenā€™t adjusting to the market.

Realm, with the help of Realmeye is a nearly PERFECT closed market system with absolutely perfect information. Go look up laissez faire sometime. Realmā€™s economy both has a place for and grows healthier by the presence of merchers.

Please do not make opinionated comments without first backing them up with economic facts. Just because your opinion of a ā€œfair tradeā€ isnā€™t what the market dictates does NOT mean that the market is broken or even remotely that merching is the cause of it.

You donā€™t have to have multiple STs to merch.
You can merch with things like T10 weapons.

Yeah, but merching with t10, with a goal of getting those STs will take forever. If you start with great items, then youā€™ve already made that jump into the ā€œhighā€ price range.

Donā€™t merch with rainbows, itā€™s just not worth the time and space. GGens can for 3 life easy. HYDRA isnā€™t very well merchable. Buy acclaims, cookies, and elvishes for 2 life then sell for 3. Buy etherites, shendyt, pixies, st spells and sun staves for 5 life and sell for 7. If you consider ripping someone off feeling shit, then you will feel shit, merching is all about ripping people off.

Honestly not that badā€¦ I sell life for 5 pure def if Iā€™m in a rush

The absolutely best way to merch is to sell 8 rainbow pots (8 dex or spd or wis or vit) for 1 life, nothing tops this, really!

Players who run tonnes of tombs and doesnā€™t die much would have a lot of life stashed, they are willing to pay good for your instant max service :grinning:

My personal record is selling 128 rainbow :16 life in one go

To do this the only preparation is a bunch of mules:

Be organized, sell 8 rainbows for 1 L, sell L for 7 def/att, sell def/att for rainbows

and always remember to save potions and have back up potions ready!

pls leave away all those blank lines, it extremly annoying

Most profitable thing to merch are ST items worth 5-8 life. Because of the large price range, you can make profits of at least 1-2 life each ST trade. Thatā€™s how i merched 1 ubhp and 2 life into almost 400 life worth in a month

I feel like we post the same kind of merching comments over and over again.

interesting how so many like to merch sts.

they arent bad i guess.

In response to your comment, I am not obligated to sell my items at a price that you deem to be acceptable. If I want to slow down my sales by raising my prices, that is my business.

Also, the players that tend to overpay are, in my experience, not new, naive players. They are extremely experienced and wealthy players that no longer care about the prices of the items, and just donā€™t want to waste their time waiting.

ā€˜I am not obligated to sell my items at a price that you deem to be acceptableā€™

Thats not what Im saying :confused:
You can buy or sell at any price you want, but it tends to slow the circulation of items down quite a bit when the profit margins are so high, and sure, that is your business. Iā€™m just saying that many would prefer more consistency in prices and less profiteering, because it makes the entire process of trading easier and less time-consuming. This is the difference between merching, and trading fairly. Trading fairly would be buying and selling at the same price, rather than buying low and selling high for profits.

Everything has a cost. Ease and time-saving is an intangible good that people will pay for. You are paying more money to get the item you want faster. It isnā€™t simply profiteering. It is simply a product of the marketplace. People would not post crazy prices if no one was willing to pay them.

If every single person were to lower their prices on realmeye today to market price, in a week, a different set of people would have raised their prices to take advantage of the currently existing buyers that are willing to overpay. So long as people are willing to overpay, there will be people posting offers for crazy prices.