Which ablility is a bettter swap out for Mystic?

I am kinda curious about which is better; The ST orb or Conflict, because to me they seem to have very similar uses. Thanks for responding.

St orb, it has a slightly lower cool down i think

The ST orb has a 1 second longer cooldown, but give 4.5 seconds* of speedy and berserk to self, where as conflict gives 3 seconds* of speedy and Damaging with a cooldown of 5 seconds.
*on a mystic with 75 wisdom.

I would say the conflict is better, as it costs a lot less and gives damaging instead of berserk.
Or you can just go full ᔐᔉᔐᔉ with the Orb of Sweet Demise.

Conflict does sound better as you can use it more often with a lower cooldown and mp cost. I would use Sweet Demise for slowing bosses that are otherwise on the move. I might use the St orb for the longer speedy effect(mainly in wine cellar).
EDIT: i did the math and if u use conflict 3 times it will give you speedy for 9 seconds* and it will cost the same amount of mana as using the ST orb twice; getting 9 seconds* of speedy from the ST orb as well.
*on a mystic with 75 wisdom

Oh nvm rite I forgot about damaging. Damaging>berserk, no exceptions

I think berserk is good for bosses that are steam rolled, like pub ots and davys(maybe not davys after update), as you can get more shots in faster, but I could be wrong.

Nope, as long as you are maxed dex, you should get a set of hits in, and the higher the set of hits does the better your chances of meeting the sb threshold

This is why I like dbows

It’s the same if you get twice the number of projectiles in, you get same DPS in the end. It’s just more spectacular with damaging, as it deals higher numbers.

Nope, of you count on getting more projectiles in, there are many problems, ex shots lagging through boss, boss just dying before you bullets hit. Trust me, you’d rather have hard hitting over fast hitting. This is why most people will DBOW a test chest, one shot and done! If they tray a tiered bow they might still only get one shot in.

Then this would be more a problem with damaging : have one bullet means that if it “lags through” (I have never seen something similar) you have no sb at all. With twice the number of bullets, the chance for the two to phase through is lower.

I’ll just say the same thing as before : twice the number of projectiles = twice the DPS. I have made a lot of public test chests, and never saw a situation where I could only have one hit off with berserk on.

Sure lagging equated on both of them, but EACH shot has the same probability of lagging through, let’s consider a hypothetical 10%. So to deal you ideal net damage, damaging has a 10% chance to lose it, where has the doubled fire rate (which berserk doesn’t even give, it is 1.5) has 10% chance per shot, and because we are considering to reach sb threshold here if any ideal damage shot lags, then we have no damage being equal to little damage, or damage from a single shot from non damaging.

Here is the chance you will miss sb threshold with doubled fire rate: 2 (10% x 90%) + 10%^2 = 19%, which is a surprising double the chance you would not meet the sb threshold if you count on getting a single, high shot in.

So here is my input:

Damaging : could miss entirely, if hit ur good to go

Berserk: less chance to miss entirely, higher chance you don’t meet sb threshold

I didn’t understand how you can deduce such a number, nor anything you said in the first paragraph. First, the lagging thing must be at a ridiculous % : I have never, ever seen a projectile go through a chest without hitting it. Thus, it can’t be higher than 3%.

Explain how you got such an equation, instead of giving it out of nothing.

The soul of the bearer is quite fun to use, more mainstream. If I had a Conflict I would use it sometimes but as far as DPS goes the ST has the longer buff so that kind of negates the higher defense argument. Double buff barely lasts 2 seconds, it is overrated IMO. Maybe if the MP cost turns you away and you are using it for sustained purposes rather than like rushing through half a minute of wine cellar sure but I would use the St

It’s simple case work: assume let’s say you count each staff shot set as one bullet to keep things simple.

For berserk:

Chance shot first shot misses and 2nd shot hits:

10% (chance that 1st shot doesn’t hit) x 90%(chance that 2nd shot DOES hit)

= 9%

Now we calculate the case where the first shot hits, and the 2nd shot misses, which comes out to the same 9%.

Then we have the case where BOTH shots miss, ending in

10% (chance first shot misses) x 10% (chance 2nd shot misses) = 1%.

Add them up you get 19%.

Most times, when a shot lags through a chest you don’t even see the shot, this is most likely to occur when there are lots of animations on the screen or some cunt of a huntress is making a black hole. You came experience this yourself, high a few huntress to make a large black hole, and when the traps start blowing up, turn shadows on and particle views on, and try shooting an obstacle like a tree or something (note:DOES NOT WORK FOR WALLS) if you do this right, you may see your shot no clip through the obstacle. If you want a non-staged version, go to browser, and try doing a public ot with more than 30 people in it. If it’s laggy enough, turn enemy shots off and you could see your just go through the boss.

T6 orb:

UT orb:

ST orb:

To get the most DPS, use the Orb of the Planefetter with the Conflict as a swapout.
Simply use the former, then the latter for a temporary Damaging + Berserk buff; you can’t do this the other way around, since the Conflict has a 5 second cooldown on it.

If you’re trying to rush, it kinda depends.
You can use the Soul of the Bearer and Stasis enemies for 6 seconds and have a Speedy + Berserk buff of 4.5 seconds; since there’s a 6 second cooldown, you’ll be non-Speedy for 1.5 seconds.
If you use the Orb of Conflict, however, you’ll Stasis enemies for 7 seconds, but only get Speedy + Berserk for 3 seconds; the Conflict’s cooldown is 5 seconds, which means you’ll be non-Speedy for 2 seconds.
So if you prefer to keep enemies at bay for a little longer: Conflict. If you want that extra .5 seconds to really count: Soul.

I liek warriore

Since both orbs produce the same effect with a negligible different in actual playing, I would go for the orb of conflict primarily because it looks cooler and gives you more fame when you die. Also the damaging is a nice, different buff.

I’m assuming you don’t have a conflict.

Do not use the t5 orb if you don’t have to. The t6 prb provides .7 more secs of berzerk than the t5. You can probably buy one for mana-life. It is worth the investment.

Conflict is nice. Low mp cost for high damage output and it gives damaging, which is better than berzerk in most situations.

Die in a hole

I just like conflict for the looks. In functionality, it’s basically the same as st orb.