Which Class Deserves an Armor Breaking UT?

My analysis on which class should deserve an armor breaking ability in the future. Let me know if you guys agree/disagree. Do you think any other class deserves it?

Currently, the only ability in the game that inflicts armor break is the Shield of Ogmur, making it an extremely unique yet inaccessible part of the game. To make this vital status debuff more obtainable, here are the classes I think would benefit most/remain balanced with the addition of an armor breaking ability.

Before choosing which classes should receive this ability it’s important to consider that most classes have two viable ability UT’s (what i mean by that is trash UTs like the cracked crystal skull and honey scepter don’t count). On top of that, the classes that only have one UT ability often have an ST ability to make up for it such as Wizard with the Ancient Spell Pierce and Mystic with the Soul of the Bearer. The few remaining classes that ONLY have one ut ability is as follows:

• Ninja - midnight star

• Archer - quiver of thunder

• Sorcerer - scepter of fulmination

Now I will examine which class deserves an armor breaking ability the most. We should also keep in mind, that armor break works like a “buff”. It’s not particularly useful when used solo, however when in a group, it makes tough bosses and enemies (shatters mobs) much more manageable.

1. Ninja is, generally speaking, an underplayed class. It’s a jack of all trades, master of nothing except for going at ludicrous speeds. However, when you move at the speed of light, you can only live in darkness. This is the life that the ninja lives. The midnight star is an extremely well made UT because it gives the ninja some more utility other than going fast: the ability to paralyze. This essentially turns the ninja into a super speedy archer. With this in mind, does Ninja really need an armor breaking star? While it could definitely be a reality, I think the uniqueness of the midnight start combined with its high dps, gives the ninja the utility it needs in endgame dungeons like Shatters.

2. Archer is a favorite among many in the realm community. It has good range, good dps , a weapon that pierces, and an ability that does damage while stopping enemies in their tracks. Arguably one of the best range classes in the game, the archer’s UT ability is surprisingly underwhelming (despite it’s epic looking sprite). The quiver of thunder inflicts daze upon enemy at quite the cost: there is a 6 second cool down between uses, the shot doesn’t pass through obstacles/pierce like other quivers, and half the enemies you want to daze in the game are immune to it (including all shatters bosses). The only real enemy where daze can come in useful is o2, but that boss is already trivialized for the most part due to pets/power creep in the game. So does archer deserve an armor breaking quiver? Hard to say due to how useful it is with a t6 quiver. While I agree that archer definitely needs a new UT ability, I don’t think it needs an armor breaking one due to its current utility.

3. Ahh the good old sorcerer. Jack of nothing and loser of everything (except for fame training i guess). Have you seen anyone bring a sorcerer to a shatters (well that’s cause no one even brings it to the realm in the first place amirite!?). Joking aside, the sorc is considered one of the most underwhelming classes in the game by many. It’s tiered abilities have no utility whatsoever and it still doesn’t make up for the lackluster damage of the wand (just think aboutthe wizard which has insane dps/range with the staff + an insane ability that does much more damage than the scepter to boot). The scepter of fulmination is an incredible UT though (and is actually one of my favorite UTs to use in the game). However, many classes have the ability to slow enemies such as huntress, archer, mystic, and paladin. This is why I think the sorc deserves an armor breaking UT. Now, you might be thinking an armor breaking scepter might be broken; however this scepter should be the opposite of the fulmi. Instead of doing mediocre damage to many enemies while applying a small debuff to all of them, the new UT scepter should inflict heavy damage to one or 2 enemies while armor breaking them. This would definitely make the sorc a much more viable class as it would now be able to help/participate in endgame content like shatters. The sorc would also have better chances at qualifying for soul bound on single target bosses (like thessal, event bosses, and oryx).

TLDR; give sorc an armor breaking UT if u don’t plan on buffing it Deca, pl0x

no.

star*

Imo the sorcerer can do good enough damage, except for where there are chests and stuff. Armor break and high damage would break sorcerer. good explanation, but maybe rework some of the ideas a bit. I fell that ninja should have an armor breaking ability, if i had to choose, because is under played more than sorcerer.

But it already has enough going for it :confused:

I think an ogmur deserves armor break the most, #GiveOgmurArmorBreak!

No. the biggest flaw in your argument is you consider only the ability. Sure a ninja has only one UT but it has four UT weapons, all different. The archer similarly has multiple weapons (shared with the Huntress); with both tiered and UTs making their weapon range about the most varied. Sorc has less variation, though with it’s tiered weapons having both range and piercing it’s hard to provide too much variety while staying true to the class. And one of their weapons has armour piercing.

Ogmur, like Oreo, QoT, is a rare and unique item and should stay that way.

The ability to armor break is balanced by the weapon type and risk of using it. It would be unwise to give armor break effects to classes that use weapons with high range and low damage per bullet, because of the ease of use and the massive reward in DPS (due to how the defense stat works). This rules bow, staff, and wand classes out. Armor break doesn’t really make sense for Paladin or Warrior abilities, nor for any of the dagger classes and their abilities. Thus, I see it most appropriate for Ninja, because of its shorter range and higher damage per shot.

I don’t think any of the current UTs should be changed, but if a new rare armor-breaking star was made, it should be balanced by a greatly reduced range/projectile speed, cooldown, lower projectile damage, and difficulty of content from where it drops.

Sorc? For a ut that common? Hell no

Huntress also only has one UT ability. Not that I think it should have one with armor break.

Thinking about it, sorcerer already has a way to deal damage that disregards the enemy’s defense through Crystal Wand, so it doesn’t need to armor break.

But I don’t think any other class should get armor break mainly because I’d prefer to see new items with different mechanics instead of the same ol’ status effect infliction.

Armor Break is balanced by the equip it is applied on. If you were to put armor breaking on any of the classes you mentioned it would be very easy to use.

Let’s think about range, the ogmur is a shield range, it is quite low and doesn’t stun, so it requires a little more skill to use over a tiered shield. Swap outs kinda destroy this effect.

Now let’s take Sorc, a scepter hits multiple targets and has a high range. You press spacebar around some enemies and you’re going to hit something. I would say this makes it easier to armor break things, and as such makes it more common.

Besides it’s not very creative anyway, I much prefer non status effect based UT’s as ideas anyway.

What about a new item (ability) for ninja that can armor break?

No. Each class is unique.

I honestly question why a knight (of all characters) need a powerful shield?

Funny. those three are great classes to play when played with the right weapons.

But ATTACK and DEXTERITY max at 70. High DPS.

No offense, but if anything, it looks like you’re the loser.

Besides, a sorc with a Crystal Wand is good enough. Like yours.

But DECA is working on a way to make characters (lesser played) get more loot.

For example, because of the new Thessel buff, @Tipsbot got a Coral Bow + Mana from OT with some OP ppl (and as a crappy warrior). A priest in our guild got Coral Silk and Mana.

Sorc is one of the best characters for Oryx because of long range.

Event bosses - DECA already worked on those.

Be patient, and see what DECA does.

Sorcerer is already a good class.

The question is, have you actually been playing him?

Kekked :sunglasses:

Honey scepter, but it doesn’t really count.

Also what about Warrior :wink: @DreadDrake

Or Pally

Or Huntress

Or Wizard

Edit:

Or Rogue.

ST is basically UT :stuck_out_tongue:
if not you missed rogue

Who is thinking of st is basically a ut . The forgotten ring is st but not worth as ut I
And some more exceptions are there

I mean all not UTs are good (Forbidden jungle uts , spider cave uts and etc)

I get bugged so many times about warriors now that I just go numb

archer has qot & frozen quiver too :wink:

robe of the talowani duyduyduyduyduyduyduyduyduy

EDIT: you can’t get armor broken if you have no armor duyduyduyduyduyduyduyduyduy