Why do people hate the idea of a UT weekend so much?

just joking around

I kinda have a mixed opinion on this matter. As much as I would love to sell my staff of Esben, tradable White Bags is to risky due to duping. What I want to see is tradable Cyan Bag UTs. Items such as Experimental Ring, Sprite Wand, Robe of Tlatoani, Snake Skin Shield, CAmulet, etc. I feel that these kinds of UTs should be made tradable because, honestly, how many of them are even worth duping? Expo Ring and… what else really?

LOD ST set. Half of it at least.

No one wants to dupe it, but no one wants to buy it either. There really is no point of this because most cyans are easy to obtain, other than the ST sets, which are already tradeable.

Except the Dragon set.

I see your point about people not wanting to trade for them… but same argument could be made saying, “What is the point of items under t7 being tradable? No one buys them.” There is no reason these items shouldn’t be tradable.

Also, it would be helpful for people who are unlucky like me and never get an Expo Ring (Legit, been around almost 3 years and only gotten 1. Got a condu before an expo.) Also, while I’m on the example of Expo Ring, honestly, I’m certain people would trade for it, likely for a similar price to Exalted Rings of Att, Dex, Def, or Magic.

Also, sometimes people just want to make funny sets. For example, sometimes I just want to have fun an use the full Forbidden Jungle Set. I’m also an avid fan of using Sprite Wand as a switch-out when I don’t have a Condu and would personally pay a Spd or maybe a Def for a one.

Here’s my 2 cents on the topic, since I have sat on both sides of the fence.

SB UT pros:

• keeps dupers from further breaking an already fragile game (code wise)
  • encourages players to stay in the game to obtain a specific UT
  • hampers RWT

SB UT cons:

• lack of options regarding unwanted/excess UTs
  • players can get frustrated & bored of nonstop UT grinding, which can lead to less revenue for Deca.
  • event UTs in particular are extremely rare & difficult to obtain (low drop rates & event steamrolling)

The REAL issue is the fact that UTs were made ‘temporarily’ SB to deal with duping. Which Kabam never bothered to fix, & may prove impossible for Deca to fix in a timely manner. There should be some sort of system in place that gives you more flexibility regarding spare UTs. Right now it’s literally just ‘store it forever, feed it to your pet, or throw it away’. Even Nullbot of Kabam acknowledged that was a problem & tried to do something about it (but failed miserably with the infamous ‘UT quest’). Although Deca is MUCH more transparent than Kabam ever was, their silence on the UT situation doesn’t exactly help their reputation.

Having an opinion is also bad for their reputation, as about half the realm population will disagree regardless.

if duping is such a problem, then why isn’t the economy a mess right now? tradeable items can be duped, why doesn’t someone just dupe all their life and crash the economy right now?

Because completely crashing the economy wouldn’t help RWT trading sites either. It’s like how no one buys a t7 staff.

In response to the 1st comment.

I think that this is a great argument for having a UT weekend. People are constantly trying to complain about the prices of items and pots. I hope you keep standing up for what you think is good.

Is not always what everyone wants I suppose. That’s why it’s in discussion.

Hmm tbh People dont hate Ut Weekends because those are actually really cool cuz you can get Uts that you always wanted but those are the thing why there wont be Ut Weekends anymore:

1. Dupers: They will dupe alot of items for them self
  2. Onlineshops (dupers tho): Will gain money from duping and selling the items online
  3. Multiboxers: Alot of people were multiboxing (soloing shatters = Free whites etc) They can sell the unnamed accounts
  4. Unbalance: Uts are items that should not be sold for money why ? Because this game is F2P if you spend money its Pay2Skip ( Theres no goal in the game only you can make goals for ur self)
  5. I wanted to have a fifth point xD
    :smile:

Actually unnamed accounts can’t teleport or get soulbound loot (correct me if I’m wrong)

I think somewhere on Reddit, Deca has mentioned UT weekend is not gonna happen. So there is no silence on the situation, they made it clear. Maybe someone else can link it if they remember where to find the post

The “UT situation” he’s talking about isn’t their tradability, but rather flexibility as to what we can do with a spare UT if we already have a maxed pet. The game shouldn’t force us to store an item forever neither throw it away, that’s more like a punishment.

Right now it’s literally just ‘store it forever, feed it to your pet, or throw it away’. Even Nullbot of Kabam acknowledged that was a problem & tried to

How about useing it?

People hate the idea of others having the same UT as them

as to what we can do with a spare UT

keyword: spare.

Before the change, we could actually do something with them in those cases: trade.

yeah thats true but i dont Belive that the people that Multiboxed and had divine pets just left their accounts
they 100% own the accounts or sold them

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.