Why I am bad at ROTMG

I need help. I’ve been playing for 3 1/2 years (on and off) and cannot git gud. This basically sums up my problem: http://imgur.com/a/uFBne
Proof of that is my realmeye page, where I cannot seem to keep a char alive for more than a week. I know this is my own problem of greed and impatience, but I can’t help failing over and over, trying to grab something that will end my ROTMG poverty once-and-for-all. I play this game for fun. I want to get sick loot and max some stats. The part I don’t want is where I run sprite worlds for hours to farm up and get rich. Some people play this game to take a time off from life, and I want to have fun. Grinding for hours is un-doable for me. I know there are many other less grindy games which I can play, but I love ROTMG. So I continue my cycle of greed and death, even though throughout the years I have too much game experience. I know how each and every dungeon, boss, and monster works and I know how to get good; I know how to get rich. I just don’t have the determination.

My momentary solution to getting rich so I can at least play the game like I’m supposed to is merching. My goal is to go from the 3 mana I had left to a chest full of life. I am currently at 5 life, and am somewhat proud of my progress. It seems merching is keeping my commitment to this game strong after being a consistent failure.

I know this is entirely a personal problem and I shouldn’t burden this wonderful community with my life story, but if anyone else had a similar problem or knows how to help me, it will be very appreciated. Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Just gotta make one change and you will find yourself improving.

It sounds like you already know what you need to do. Merching is a stopgap, perhaps, but it is not the solution.

I find using another character (same acc or mule, doesn’t matter) who is farming for your main to work very well. Nowadays, I stay away from using a character (other than farm chars) until it is at least def maxed. Farming is pretty fun in itself, because you attach less importance to the character, you are more willing to take risks and (hopefully) get valuable experience in terms of shot patterns and dungeon set ups. Doesn’t take very long to get a wiz up to 20 and with decent enough gear to start farming glands and doing simple dungeons. No need to grind, just kill and dungeon as you please. Vault your pots or get your main to drink them.

I was in exactly the same situation as you a while ago, and the way I broke the cycle was by slowly building up my pet and by farming as a 0/8 pally. They are by far the best melee unmaxed and maxing def only increases their survivability. What I also recommend is that if/when you get 8 life, don’t buy tops for your chars and if you want to farm more - become a pally.

I plan to use the life to max def on one of my chars that I’m confident with. Since posting this, I have a 2/8 knight… wish me luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.