Will you press the button?

Another classic game back for round two! I noticed some similar questions in the “Ask the Person Below You a Question” thread and felt it should have a topic of its own once again. In this game, you offer the player a benefit for pressing a button that also comes with a repercussion from doing so. For example:

Mixcoatl: You get the power to teleport, but can no longer use your legs for anything other than standing still. Will you press the button?

Ruthven: Yes, I’ll press the button.

The replying player would then make another offer and continue the cycle, just like how many other forum games function.

Important: Many people get this confused by making there be an effect for not pressing the button. This is not how the game works. The player refusing the button always means that simply nothing will happen. The following is an example of an improper button offer.

Dreadstump: You have infinite money that you can only spend on $1 purchases each, but not pressing the button means you are given one million dollars without earning any more for the rest of your life. Will you press the button?

Pressing the button isn’t a choice between two events, it’s a yes or no to an outcome. This was a common mistake in the thread on the Kabam forums and it lead to a lot of unnecessary confusion. With that said, I’ll now start with the first offer. And by that I mean I’ll copy my Mixcoatl example from before.

You get the power to teleport, but can no longer use your legs for anything other than standing still. Will you press the button?

Ask the Person Below You a Question

Yeah sure, ill take teleportation at the cost of useful legs, i sit around in a chair all day anyway.

Unlimited of any one Food you want, but everything else tastes terrible

do you press it?

Only if I was homeless.

300% drop rates but you lose the ability to play 7 classes

Hell yeah I only ever play 5 classes anyway

Ability to stop time for one minute, but every time you use it a random person also gets this power?

yeah, sure so powerful though.

200%drop rate for you, but 3X as much hackers in realm?

Well… wouldn’t that be everyone by then?
I’ll say nah unless they droprate is increased a bunch more (mayybe) and if they are just using aim or trivial stuff, if its like, uh, the harmful ones then nah, don’t want to kill the game :stuck_out_tongue:

You cure cancer, but everyone thinks it was the person you hate the most, and you must gush about their amazing scientific discovery/how great of a person they are (they cured cancer, after all).

Oh god. No. Never. If it was 1000% droprate then maybe…

You can no longer taste food. Accept? (the downside is in the question, you can eat really healthily but can’t derive enjoyment from sweets anymore)

Accept.

You cant speak ever again but you will have telepathy or just be normal?

I mean, if I can’t speak then I might as well have telepathy…
If I still have the option to speak then I might just stick with that then

(mine got ignored :frowning:)
You cure cancer, but everyone thinks it was the person you hate the most, and you must gush about their amazing scientific discovery/how great of a person they are (they cured cancer, after all).

sure ill press the button, b/c yours is so confusing

If you could live for all eternity and NEVER die, would you? (you can get tortured and stuff)

No.

If i get stucl in a lab with doctors trying to take my genes etc. Also what would do once the universe ends?

If you could allow everyone to live an extra 50 years, but you die due to it i.e. extracted from you.

I mean, there’s really no downside to that one if I choose to never give someone an extra 50 years.
So yeah, why not.

There is no such thing as suffering. World poverty, starvation, crimes, pain, wars- they would all end. Press the button?

Yes to all of them but pain, I’d like to know if I’ve been stabbed or shot.

You are an immortal shapeshifter, but humans never escape the food chain.

Humans never really escape the food chain =U. At the very least we are still food for microorganisms =U. So yeah!

You get to change any one thing in realm, but if anything goes wrong everyone in realm can suddenly attack you and kill your character if they want.

Yes.

You can max out twice on everything (you can use twice as many pots, and they all will still make you stronger), but monsters are 1.5 times faster (in speed and attacking), have 1.5 more def and atk, and have 1.5 more heath. Will you press the button?

I do not press the button, that will make the lod bosses even harder to kill and will make unmaxed gameplay really hard

Since the person above me didnt put something ill just…

If you pushed the buttom, then rotmg reddit would shutdown and admins would come to this forum. Do you press?

To @Scorchmist’s Q ^

Pushing button means Harambe hadn’t died, but nobody knows who he was (because there’s nothing special about him anymore). WILL YOU PRESS THE BUTTON?

this is a toughy

yes, hate the harambe publicity.

You will gain 10pounds of muscle or fat (50-50). Do u press?

I can lose ten pounds of fat easier than I can gain ten pounds of muscle. I’ll press it.

You get infinite Realm Gold, but can only spend it on the Mystery Boxes and Alchemist. Will you press the button?