Woven Kelp Armor

but, if you got this, there would almost be no reason to use any other hide besides maybe spec for att

I don’t see it as a direct upgrade of the hydra, more like a CC.
It has its uses, but in most cases I would probably just use the top for a guaranteed 17 def rather than having it fluctuate between 1 and 23.

Thank you, but don’t ever discount @piggby.

If scorch lowered the def more, it would make the effect very insignificant, the UT item should have a somewhat noticeable effect. The wearer wouldn’t be getting much of a benefit from using the item and dodging all around with it- they might as well use hydra.

It’s a lot more dangerous than you think using the item, if you get hit by a lot of shots you’ll be very vulnerable and you actually get hit by a lot of shots everywhere, get hit by 7 shots (very easy to do) and it’s not doing as well as hydra would.

Anyways I think it’s a nice idea, 9.2/10

I suggest you raise the def even more though

wha? you still get hit by lots of things, leaf hide is still an option for its somewhat defensive build. Csilk for its speed and solid other stats, this armor if used, MUST have a swapout, b/c some situations, using[quote=“Scorchmist, post:1, topic:6074”]
Something to note: this is meant as a more swap-out kind of playing style, used only in certain situations, unless you are just very skilled at dodging.
[/quote]

this would just be having like 5 def. [quote=“Proasdfase, post:24, topic:6074”]
I suggest you raise the def even more though
[/quote]

yes i would think more people would’ve commented this, but i actually buffed this quite a bit before posting, this reason i mainly kept it as such is b/c of the many situations that with this def value, it should be viable in (that i analyzed in the OP), the key thing to remember is, that this armor is not meant to be used all the time! but only for certain situations.

Although, ill consider it, key thing to note is, the def loss is only 3 seconds,and it takes 0.5 seconds to actually activate. Also the presence of hp/dex.

how fast does the armor regen back up?

^^

ohhhhhhh wait so all the lost stacks regen at the same time? or 3 secs for each def

3 seconds after the last time you were hit then you go back to 23

will talk more tommorow but gtg sleep for now

damn is gud armor

I think this armor contradicts itself. With the high def, you’d think this armor would be good to tank more bullets, but do that and you’re negating it’s effects. Doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

This seems to be trend with your ideas.

haha exactly! im suprised no one else noticed it yet. hence it was the reason that i dont like this armor that much, i even addressed itself somewhere in this idea, but i cant find it? i might of deleted it, this was mainly meant for the hit-and-run aspects and the oops, i accidently got shotgunned. however, i cant seem to find where i wrote it? i might of written it on an old version and forgot to save, lol. I actually considered using dex/atk value instead of def, but i was too far in the idea that i didnt want to change[quote=“Proasdfase, post:29, topic:6074”]
3 seconds after the last time you were hit then you go back to 23
[/quote]

i think there is a misunderstand here, so lets say, you get hit by 2 shots, then 1 second later, you get hit by another 3 shots. In 2 seconds, you would have regened back 2 def, then in one second, you regen back the other three def.

oh I get it now soz

np.i made it more clear in OP

So this is for hit n’ run? I like it :slight_smile:

it has some other uses, but was mainly meant for there

Yeah, I love the sprite too, would spend hours farming for this 99/100

So i get hit once i lose def does that mean in those 0.5 i cant lose another one?

yes, you can continuously loss def until 23 def is lost at that one moment.

I would never use this. what’s the point of having extra def if the armor rewards dodging things in the first place? almost every situation in the entire game falls into one of two categories:

1. there are tons and tons of projectiles, they will grind the def off this armor extremely quickly and what used to be a barrage of nearly harmless projectiles will become a torrent of death.

2. there are few projectiles, but they do extremely high damage. increasing your defense is basically pointless because the damage is just too high anyway, you need to be dodging those shots at all costs anyway.