10 Ways to Make the Nest (dungeon and event) viable

The Nest is a great dungeon, filled with great UTs and a really constructive boss fight. It’s a shatters level dungeon, and just as hard and sometimes harder on some levels(if you don’t know how to dodge)

Though, why don’t people do it?

Seven main reasons:

1. The instant shotguns. The instant shotguns also happen to be in the most hardest-bullet hell phases (the second to last phase)
  2. The goddamn minions and clearing involved. As well as the
  3. Length of the dungeon. Oh yeah, and the
  4. Lack of teleportation.
  5. Small as shit boss room. You literally get 70 tiles for the boss room, and only 30 to walk around on.
  6. Status effects. Mainly confuse.
  7. THE FUCKING DROPRATES ARE SHIT

So, the 7 ways that Deca can improve the dungeon itself?

1. Less damage; enough to severely cripple a 700 hp character to 200, but for fuck’s sake not the 720 damage shotguns in a cramped space which make it practically impossible to predict and dodge.
  2. Remove confuse. Like fucking please.
  3. Add teleportation. One of the reasons why the Nest event recently was SO popular was because there was teleportation. Have an anchor and you can teleport out of danger, thus negating the huge threat of ‘do or die’ in the Nest. Also, other epic dungeons have teleportation, so why not the Nest? Maybe teleportation would be ridiculously overpowered, hell, IDK, maybe make teleportation in The Nest 20 seconds instead of 10; just let us do the Nest (a little bit more) safely.
  4. Make the Nest smaller, like the Abyss (it got a rework and is shorter now, I believe)
  5. Boss room should be bigger.
  6. Lower the HP of the minions to begin with, and add HP scaling like in Parasite Chambers so it’s soloable. Just a thought.
  7. Buff droprates of whites, guaranteed Greater Dex, guaranteed Mana, guaranteed Life to 5 people (to encourage big groups). Too rewarding? The Marble Colossus drops less pots than this, you might say. Granted, the MBC also drops endgame tops and is so much easier and so much more accomplishable in big groups - which the Nest doesn’t have.

Now, that’s 7/10.

The other 3 have to do with the event itself.

First, a little background.

Last year, I went into hiatus - around 3-4 months. Unfortunately, I picked the absolute worst time to go into hiatus. October to February. Basically I missed the Halloween event, Thanksgiving event, and the Christmas event. I missed my chance for a jugg, oreo (fuck ogmur), sweet skins, tomb rings (which I still don’t have enough of; 20 fucking sphinx rings, 3 niles, 1 pyra, and 1 suicidal death wish for not getting any good tomb rings), and most importantly, the freezing quiver.

Since I missed my chance, I was super depressed for like 4 months ever since coming back to realm. And archer is one of my favorite classes. You could imagine my hype when they released a permanently obtainable version of the quiver, the Beehemoth quiver.

For the first few weeks since the nest event came out, everyone was so hyped and was doing the nests a lot. Me, unfortunately, with a bad guild at that time, couldn’t get any nest keys, nonetheless finish them anyways.

So, I did public nest events. I was living in fear of the dungeon itself though, seeing so many Reddit posts about deaths at the hands of the Killer Queen Bee. (I’ve only done 3 nests to this date)

I must have ground out like 300~ nest events. That translates to about 900 beehemoths, and while youtubers were just getting the beehemoth quivers on their first try, casually doing a Nest on their ppe.

And I got:

0 Armors

0 quivers

shitton of pots

Some people actually want the whites, so here’s an idea:

1. Buff the droprates of the Beehemoth Quiver, and publically announce it. Maybe a buff by 2x would be decent enough.
  2. Reduce the fucking hp of the beehemoths and the mini nest colonies surrounding it. The main reason why the event isn’t done is because it’s so goddamn tedious, and that’s because of how long it takes to destroy the bee nests. The beehemoths aren’t dangerous themselves as long as you have the sense not to run headfirst at them.
  3. Reduce the amount of mini nest colonies.

Why is Nest so unpopular?

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why is Nest so unpopular?

Moved onto Nest discussion topic.