17 Item ideas by Scorchmist

i guess thats true, it pails in comparison to jugg. But i still feel it has potential for solo play. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
the weapon range increase is really kind of pointless because they’re already so long-range that start going off the screen without that boost. another plain item with a nearly useless effect.
[/quote]

get yours eyes check xaklor, it is a range decrease thus the higher defense. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
but not entirely practical either.
[/quote]

yeah this one could probably have used some more work on it. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
I can’t see myself using it.
[/quote]

rip you. my basis was things like bosses with small minions or things like sprite gods! I guess its more fun geared [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
weapon type whose tiered weapon
[/quote]

damn, i didnt consider that, i originally gonna go wand, but i guess should’ve went wand. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
not practical.
[/quote]

i guess the effect was too small for the grounding? maybe ill think of something for it [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
I’d be more concerned about the 0 visibility behind me than the extra visibility given to me in an area I have like no effect in.
[/quote]

well gonna take risks, meant for when you have a wall behind you. Although wands would’ve made it a better choice, but the actual shooting effect wouldnt work. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
under what?
[/quote]

rip me, i guess i forgot to copy the image. [quote=“Xaklor, post:21, topic:11562”]
seems like another gimmick that’s only really useful on super weak enemies
[/quote]

its an insurance scepter! meaning you will always get good value from your scepter, and won’t waste it on little enemies. If its a bunch of little enemies, you could insta wreck like 9 enemies.

Thanks for the comments, agreed with most of what you said which exception of the two scepters. and the robe which u read wrong.

what do u think about the sprites,descrip/names other than the shelf holder? i spent most of my time doing sprites.

You’re likely completely justified… but come on, just tell me what I’m doing wrong

dang, well it’s not the first time that’s happened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hmmm, well:

Robe of Inner Corruption looks like a purple soulless

Ancient Helmet and Berserker’s helmet are both totally fine on their own, but they’re very similar to each other.

Scepter of Soul Reaping looks more like a giant wand than a scepter

I have no clue what the hawken trap is supposed to be

Scepter of the Astute Tactician is good, although I can see why puffagod wouldn’t like it that much

Wand of Wicked Sorrow is too wide for such a tiny handle, it looks more like a claw than a wand

I don’t really like the extra pixels above the Summoning Circle and the Bubble Fun trap

the dart is really good, I’d just take off some pixels down the middle of each big feather and make two smaller ones. or maybe I’ll change my mind once you do that and say the big ones are better.

Power’s staff looks good, but the spell looks kind of shapeless and deformed.

not going to lie, the net is abysmal

and the vine trap is okay, albeit a little odd.

so mostly not that bad, but there’s some that aren’t great.
also the names are all good, and I didn’t think the descriptions were bad.

Well thought out ideas with good sprites and great thread layout.

Love the look of the bow of tranquility

yeah the two helmet ended up too similar to each other. Robe of inner corruption i was drawing only referencing water silk and souless so i prob unconcniously copied it. Wand of wicked i guess i totally ignored porportions. I feel that the sprites would be too bland without the particles in summoning/bubble. The net is pretty bad, yeah i couldnt really get a good one going. The vine looks like potato to me.

I was actually quite proud of my names and descrips before someone just upgrades them and makes me feel bad

kinda sad how long it took someone to point out that i was missing something in the astute tactician.[quote=“Desotroya, post:25, topic:11562”]
Love the look of the bow of tranquility
[/quote]

I like the idea of getting more color in realm its what it really needs so everyone dosent end up having the same set because stat wise or how it looks is the best. like in other rpgs their are tons of colors.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.