2nd switch rush guides for rogue

Hello !

I would like to master the Rogue class, anyone got guides on how to master the cloak and rush 2nd shatter switch ? When to cloak for the first time ? Where should i stop ? Plane or T6 ?

I have :

image image image
image image
Ring%20of%20Decades

(i have way more daggers but i know stinger is the right choice)

honestly theres not much to it. but here are some general tips i guess

• use plane

• when to first cloak? some people like to see what the first spawn outside of second is because the group will have to deal with it. so if it’s a tower, a cognizant rogue wouldn’t cloak right away and overspawn outside second. other than that feel free to cloak immediately.

• if possible don’t cloak in tower rooms since it’s relatively easy to run past them. it makes it easier for you to get back. do be careful of paralyze dude tho if you’re not cloaking, and be prepared to tp away if you do get paralyzed

• in the last room, take your time and keep cloaked so the enemies from the previous room don’t leak in (also hug the wall furthest from the switch, this also helps prevent enemies from leaking). take a look at the spawns.

• if not towers: a safe way to go about this is cloak in, deal a bit of damage and make sure to back out in time to not aggro the spawns. you can cloak in/out as many times as you need, there’s no pressure
    • if towers: see which tower it is. if it’s yellow, ez. if it’s a stone tower, try to safespot the mage in a position where you can hit switch. then as the mage changes phases u can cloak since switch should be almost dead.

Do you have a video ? And thanks for the tips, i’ll try it !

ill link this one since it’s pretty much the hardest situation, the rushing part isn’t actually difficult

“2nd switch shatters rotmg” and there’s tons of vids

By far the most bangin’ version of “What Child is This” that I have ever heard! :metal:

Noob rusher here, but here’s what I think:

1. Ghastly is useless. Don’t use it. T6 isn’t that handy either. You have a fine pet, so MP management should be breeze. Wyrm and Deca are solid choices for rushing. However, DPS and SPD-sided gear may be better in the future, as your HP probably won’t drop as far for the Deca to be necessary. Plus it’s nice to shred the Switches quickly.

Clarifying a bit on why the Plane is better than T6: If enemies already start firing at you, you want the teleportation to evade the incoming projectiles while being invisible. T6 can’t teleport you, so you still need to dodge the shots before moving on.

1. Hit by a status effect? Cloak and stay very still. Remember, the wizards’ attacks are very slow, meaning you shouldn’t really need to panic unless you’re stuck/cornered. The only fast attack you should be worrying about are the confusion shots by this idiot:

Ice Adept Confuse Shuriken

Everything else should be handled fairly easily.

1. Don’t worry too much about the rest of the wizards (EDIT: Unless you’re not cloaked, of course. They’re still dangerous xD) Tower spawns are some of your biggest enemies here. Their fast attacks and high damage is usually what made me fear rushing the Shatters (plus you can’t cloak as often near it). Like Unicorn mentioned, safe-spotting the Stone Mage is very useful, and as you keep doing it, where you have to move seems to get natural over time. Always concentrate on the Switch, no matter what.
  2. Exalt has the nice cooldown timer, so use it to your advantage. Planewalker invisibility dies when the timer is at 1. Use your judgement on whether you think you have enough invisibility time to rush a room. If you don’t, just play it safe and wait until the next cloak.
  3. It takes at most 4 seconds to kill a Switch with a Stinger (assuming you’re maxed). With your gear, it’s closer to 3.5. Keep this in mind to reassure yourself that one cloak is enough – this is something that I would always do. Just make sure all your shots land, or you might not make it.
  4. I’m usually not the guy to memorize dungeon mechanics, but remembering where you should cloak is pretty useful – at least in a few areas (you don’t really need to go all out).

EDIT: White dots are where you cloak, gray lines are paths you take while cloaked, and red areas are the dangerous parts. I don’t really know a lot about the middle area, though.

If you ever need to rest, heal up, regenerate MP, whatever it is, do it in the hallways. The longer they are, they better, but the aggro range of the enemies are pretty short, so it doesn’t matter. Just try not to drag enemies from both rooms into the hallway in the middle. Then you’ll get stuck and no one wants that.

In the end, just don’t panic and you’ll be fine. Not much else I can give you.

Yay ! Thanks you so much ! Now i will try rushing switch soon.

You want to use stinger, im not sure about the armor, and deca is fine. Basically if you uncloak near enemies you’re gonna get popped regardless of hp so I would just use exa hp or ubhp if you wanna play it safe during the lava walk. Im not super concerned with max efficiency, so I might take a few more cloaks than necessary. I usually plane over the spawn in front of second, then wait in the center of the first hallway to uncloak. Then cloak and tp at the beginning of the second hallway and that should get you into the third hallway. You can enter the third and final room without worrying about your cloak. I stand in the top left corner then plane as close to the switch as possible. You should have time to kill it in one go with your pet sitting on it, then about one second to get back to that top left corner. Go back in the hallway and cloak in the same locations.
One exception for the last room: if there is a pally tower stand in one of the cornerts bc it will overspawn and shoot while you are cloaked. The shots will narrowly avoid you in that corner, so if you dont kill it in time you can tp to the bottom corner and keep shooting.
Another thing to watch out for is people clearing in front of second. The switch rush is very quick and if there is a first switch rusher the group will clear out the spawns in front of first, mid, and second. Sometimes you will kill the switch and make your way back and find them killing the spawn outside of second as you are exiting. This will draw the first room’s fire, and may put you in danger. Hid in the first hallway until they finish so you can safely tp over the first room spawns.

I might have made it seem pretty complicated but 2nd switch is quite simple, and you can easily wing it after trying a few times

Thank you everyone ! I succeeded my first 2nd rush, twice !

The 1st attempt was very scuffed at the end, glad i didn’t die.

(sorry for the bad FPS and cropping, my recording presets somehow changed)

Does rogue need a buff?

Not bad for a first attempt at all! I have been running nests hoping to get a stinger myself. It was my understanding that it was the more common of the two whites, but many dungeons later I have 3 helms and zero daggers :confused:. I’ll get there eventually! Preferably while my rogue is still alive, lol.

nice job :slight_smile:

yeah everything went pretty smooth, except the end as you pointed out which was kinda scuffed. as a rogue u always wanna keep ur eyes on the minimap; for a fast group like shats disc i would rather head away from group as that’s where all the enemies / shots are headed (i.e. go to bridge and wait there)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.