3rd Party Sellers

then maybe dont? or change settings every time.

well, this is deca’s problem then, the best WE can do is NOT BUY FROM THEIR SITES

But in some ways, it’s our problem.
These sites drain revenue (there are people still willing to buy from them)
Loss of revenue =
Less developers for DECA = less updates for us.

Lol, you remove one, they add more, you ban accounts, they make more, you take down the website, they make another one

DECA could even sue the third-party websites because its against the ToS.

But they probably wouldn’t, they barely have enough money to keep the potatoes running.

It’s an endless war, of course. This was probably the reason why kabam sucked at running rotmg - they did nothing for 2 years and look at that! game’s swarmed with hackers, dupers. You can’t just put in one measure to stop these guys and expect that it’ll never happen again.

Myzzrym, a DECA dev, has recently said this about bots in his/her/its most recent post on Reddit:

Unfortunate as it is, bots exist in basically all MMOs (that aren’t dead or dying). I would even go so far as to say - if there are bots, it means the game is very much alive (because there is no profit in a dead game).

That also means no one has found the miracle solution. Let me give you some theoretical examples:

• We implement a level limit (let’s say 10) under which you can’t speak => Bot creators will just create a script for bots to farm safe zones in mass to get to the level needed to speak. Not to mention legit new players won’t be able to speak / ask questions.
  • We put a message limit of, let’s say, 5 per minute => Bot creators simply generate more bots, so instead of 2 bots spamming at the same time you’ll have 20 bots to avoid hitting the limit. It screws our servers even more because that increases the number of bots.
  • We put words restrictions => They add spaces in their words, etc etc.

So yea. Fighting against bots without some heavy lifting is almost a lost cause I would say, not something a small DECA team can do without severely slowing down progress on all other things (fixing code lag, creating new content, etc etc).

This right here is an answer Myzzrym gave to a question made by someone on the comments. I reccomend you read the whole Reddit post, they adress why they’re making so much reskins lately, for example. For those of you that are afraid of Reddit (like me), we have a nicely laid out version of it right here, in the forums:

With the questions asked by the community in this post of the same thread.

Conspiracy theory: These Rwt sites are actually owned by Kabam, they have probably left a backdoor in the source code when they sold the game to deca.

Kabam had an inhouse leagal team but did not take any action prob coz they knew that it would cost them more then they could gain. And now you want deca, who is many times smaller than kabam and do not have an inhouse legal team, to go against the rwt sites

No I never said that I wanted DECA to do it.

I just stated a possibility.

They could do what they do on unturned I think it is - where if you try to write a website link with a dot or a comma e.c.t, you instantly get thrown off the server

Any player standing in one spot for 10 minutes spamming crap can be attacked by a player.

On other words, their account is set to: ENEMY.

They’ll make the bot move one step every 10 minutes

Hmm, what were you doing in Incogno tab?

When I first read this title, I thought it was going to be a meme on Mike Sellers XD

I wonder just how atrocious an impression these spambots leave on first-time/new players. It seems short-sighted for Deca to just concede the nexus chat to the spammers.

They could at least make some effort to obscure these website names via updating the chat filter more than, what, never?

Or make the chat filter work alongside the star rank so that low star bots literally can’t speak any of their phrases, or any variants, until the website is so obscured that you need a cryptology qualification to guess it. Yes lower players also wouldn’t be able to say 0ryxp0t5#c0m but… I’m OK with that! Then manually ban the bots that have been ranked-up. Takes only seconds/minutes (surely) to ban a darkblue+ bot vs hours/days that the maker invests to get to higher ranks.

It’s straightforward: we develop a new bot that simply stands on top of the RWT bot and spams an enormous blank message faster than the RWT bot spams its message. Problem solved. Thank me later, DECA. :>

Woohoo, and the chat box on the bottom left of the screen is fixed?

No thanks.

Omg mind blown.

How efficient. XD

Maybe do a simple “Wait 24 hours before making another acc” thing?
Sure, they can use a vpn, but it creates EFFORT.