65 Player Dungeon Cap

How do you feel about the new 65 Player Dungeon Cap?

• Good Decision
  • Bad Decision
  • Abstain

0 voters

The game was never written to support more than 85 players in a realm, and more so in dungeons. Most of the lag involved deaths stem from this issue, when you cram so many players into a dungeon instance, the servers have to work overtime to keep things running.

As a programmer who is working on a game like RotMG, I am perplexed how the playerbase survived all these years before the change. The optimizations in action script no less, must have been momentous!

Damnit, I made it so it’s possible to select more than one option please fix

I agree with all of the rationale behind it.
I also think that LH still requires more tweaks to solidify it as a dungeon I would want to fully complete, bee it via Cult or via MBC, without feeling like I miss out on loot or other experiences. Felt like that was related.

Personally, i think it was a good change and a disappointing change at the same time, lowering the player cap was certainly needed but lowering it to 65 solves absolutely nothing, maybe if they add In-Combat but we’ll see.

The only issue with the cap isn’t the game itself, its the community (LH discord) where the cap now means unless you’re a nitro booster or have jedi reflexes, you’re missing a decent amount of runs if there is a lot of people trying to get in

That’s more their inability to adapt.

To be fair, those discords could adapt by splitting runs into different groups

To be fair, they do small cults in 3rd vc sometimes like 10-20 people when first 2 are full. I personally do not like the change, as I don’t feel any less laggy than before, even on a lower end computer

You get the same result and thus you’d rather see it reverted? Wut?

well in contrast, I could get in events and lh easier with about the same amount of lag

It was the right decision. It will be one I am sure they will revisit in the future, especially after the Unity release settles down in case that helps at all with performance. But as it’s primarily a network bandwidth issue Unity might not make any difference.

I voted ‘bad’, because IMO it’s stupid to have a realm allow 85 players to participate, but then cap a dungeon within at 65. For symmetry the realms should have gone to /65 at the same time, if we’re saying 65 is the new 85.

On the other hand, when was the last time you saw literally an entire realm enter a dungeon?

IDK people do love their Hermit -> OT in EUW. :slight_smile:
Will have a try this evening to see if the cap causes people to miss. I guess Castle/Chamber/WC are exempt from the /65? (I wonder does Unity show a cap in there of /85? or higher?) Edit: I’ll ask in the Exalt Beta topic.

RotMG Exalt Supporter Beta is live!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.