A Rebalance to Events. More Loot and more Difficulty

In my opinion, event gods are not a challenging fight. Sure, if you’re fighting them solo you might drop a bit low on hp a couple times, but event gods are not meant to be fought by just one person. They are meant to be fought by large groups of people ranging from 5 people to 20. So why is it that such a small group of people steamroll these Gods with no challenge at all? A few months ago Deca buffed multiple Event Gods in an attempt to make them more difficult. But i don’t really think they focused on why these enemy’s are steamrolled. Instead of actually making these Events more difficult, they only made them more tedious.

Lets take Cube God for example. People on the forums and reddit are complaining that the Cube God is getting steamrolled to easily by knights and melees. So whats the obvious solution? Make him more tanky with the invulnerability phases, and remove the ability to stun (but only at low hp). Instead of actually making the fight more challenging, they just made it longer. Even the stun immunity doesnt do much, because once it gains immunity the fight is essentially over. Another issue i see is the loot. If you take a look at Cube Gods drop table you will notice some items that seem pretty out of place for the most powerful enemy in the realm. Sure, you can get Old tops, but in my experience Events mostly drop garbage. With that said, i have compiled a list of changes and balances id like to see regarding events.

##Cube God

Changes:
Cube God produces the Cube Bomber once every 10 seconds.

Cube God is stunable throughout the entire fight.

Invulnerability phases are completely removed.

Hp: 15000 -> 17500

New Attack

Bomb Type - 200 Damage -/ 10 range -/ Radius 5 -/ Cooldown 6s

Drop Table:
Att Pot (3 Guaranteed)
Def Pot (2 Guaranteed)
T10 Weapons
T11 Armours
T11 Weapons
T12 Armours
T5 Rings
T5 Abilitys
Dirk of Cronus
(Max of 2 Pots per loot bag)

##New Enemy: Cube Bomber

Stats: 1200 Hp -/ 20 Def -/ 25 Exp

Behavior: Chase range = 2.5 -/ Chase Speed = 6 -/ Chase Time = 6s -/ Wander Speed Default

Protects Cube God: Speed: 10 -/ Radius = 6

Attacks:
Slow Bomb - 50 Damage -/ Inflicts Slow for 3.5s -/ 10 Range -/ Radius = 4 -/ 4s Cooldown

Paralyze Bomb - 65 Damage -/ Inflicts Paralyzed for 2.5s -/ 8 Range -/ Radius = 2 -/ 5s Cooldown

## Skull Shrine

Changes:

Def 40 -> 50

HP 15000 -> 16000

Remove invulnerability phases

Skull Shrine is Stunable throughout the entire fight

New Attack
75 Damage -/ Inflicts Quiet for 4s -/ Speed 15 -/ 4 Range -/ 5 Shots -/ 2s Cooldown -/ Aim = 1 -/
Angle = 5

Drop Table

Spd Pot (3 Guaranteed)
Def Pot (2 Guaranteed)
T10 Weapons
T11 Armours
T11 Weapons
T12 Armours
T4 Rings
T5 Rings.
Orb of Conflict
(Max of 2 Pots per loot bag)

##Pentaract##

Changes

Unstunable throughout the entire fight

Stun shot: Inflicts paralyze and stunned, both for 2s

Each Tower has 1 guaranteed potion drop

Bomb: damage 130 -> 100 -/ Radius 4 -> 6

Remove

Pentaract Eye:

Damage: 80 -> 60

Shots now pierce armour

Drop Table

All Pots (1 Guaranteed per tower.)
T10 Weapons
T11 Armours
T11 Weapons
T12 Armours
T4 Rings
T5 Rings.
Seal of Blasphemous Prayer
(Max of 1 Pot per loot bag)

Sorry for the big wall of text, didn’t realize it would be this long. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

I feel like this is something that should be saved for elder realms. We still want a place new players can learn how to do these events without dying everytime yes?

elder realms

That’s just freaky. Thank you for sharing.

You should change this

First off, I DO like the idea of adding more health to the events, so they take longer and are less solo-able. I should note, however, that since more people will be required to do the event, the drop tables should be altered in favor of increasing the white drop rate slightly. While this is flawed logic, since achieving SB will give you the drop regardless, and having more/less people won’t alter your chances, it will feel better if you see people actually getting whites.

The purpose of invulnerability is to stop people from insta-ing the event. This is necessary. It is a good change. I doubt it will be changing any time soon. It is so that more than 5 people can get SB on the event. Adding invulnerability allows people time to TP, which is nice.

As for the stunable, this is a bad idea. If you can stun the boss, then you can sit on the boss with a knight, get people to TP directly on top of you, then stop stunning so that they die. That’s why this was taken away in the first place.

i never wanted to solo a pentaract so much

um… orb of conflict for the pentaract?

Fixed that, thanks for tellin me.

np

More like 5 to 85+.

So like petrify.

All said pretty good idea 7/10.

TBH with tp protection this seems like a non issue now. However I still wouldn’t want it to be perma stunnable till death because that is boring regardless of what you are fighting

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.