A second language thread

good keep studying, a second form of verbal communication is always useful

My tiny High school school only offers Spanish and French, neither of these really interest me, so Im planing on starting to learn German on my own soon.

Spanish is also my strongest subject in school. Also, I am very excited for Spanish 4. The teacher is the same teacher I had for Spanish 2, and he is the best teacher I have ever had. He was a very engaging teacher even though I had Spanish first period last year He is a very effective teacher. Unlike many teachers I have had, he didn’t give us vocab lists and say good luck. He worked through the vocab with us, in a way that we were all able to learn and retain it. He knows a lot about teaching in a way so that kids can easily retain the information. He also taught quickly, so it wasn’t a long time for him to be able to get us to retain the vocab/grammar, we would have generally a quiz a week and a test every 2 ish.
People I’ve talked to, such as my older brother and some of hs friends, said that his honors 4 course is the hardest Spanish course at the school, even harder than the AP course. I have always done well in Spanish, I believe I was actually top of every one of my Spanish classes, if not top 1, either 2 or 3. I did extremely well in his class last year, it was actually the only class that I got an A+ in for both semesters gym and health were one semester and I missed a band assignment in semsester 2. anyway, I am super hyped to have him again next year.

I can almost speak english.

that’s pretty good for a Canadian

i speak english fluently
my second language is chinese, my mom has been teaching me since i was like 3.
unfortunately i never enjoyed it(mostly because i hated her teaching habits) so she hasn’t spent time teaching me chinese for the last 2 years. if i had one other language that i would like to learn fluently it would be chinese.
btw i can speak and understand, even write a little but my reading is really bad. can’t read very much

and i learn spanish at school

I speak rotmg tbh idc too much about it but idk smh its not a language well tp sealand and crystal clear water.

Bless Mrs. Aldape’s heart, she tried to teach me Spanish.

i can speak fluent english.

i can speak (some) chinese + japanese.

i would like to fully learn east asian languages.

still english and mandarin. although probably both has gotten worse (how does your english get worse when its my primary language?).

taking basic japenese class in summer at school. Decided to ttake an easy course, and i have to learn 2 language ish courses anyways. chose it due to being my 3rd best language (sorry french, i failed you, but chinese +anime makes me know more jap then french).

my neighbour student knows english, mandarin, spanish and is learning germany since he plans to go there to study next year. european people are OP.

I can speak fairly minimal japanese and fluent english. Weebs dream, amiright?

i took mandarin in the tenth grade i could probably be able to hold a conversation by now if i kept studying

Being born and still living in France, I speak and write french fluently.

I’ve spent a lot of time on the internet, at first in french communities, but then mostly on english communities, as well as watching alot of youtube videos in english. I’ve learnt to speak english quite well, and for a few years now I’ve barely ever interacted with internet french communities.

I used to learn german in school, but a few years with a bad teacher made me loose every inch of progress I ever made in this language. Right now I cannot speak german at all, although I can still somewhat get what someone means if it is written.

Apart from that, I don’t have much knowledge in other languages. Having followed ancient greak lessons a few years ago, I can still somewhat read Cyrillic, but I won’t be able to understand what I read (apart from simple things and memes like привет, сука блядь and such).

That’s pretty much it. I’m quite impressed you could learn so many different language, well done on that.

I used to have German and French, but nowadays I only make gibberish sentences with them as a joke. Ex. “Je mise-en vais”, which is a weird way to say “I’m going”.

English, of course. Started reading it since I was maybe 7 or 8 and played Pokémon Blue.
Dutch is my native language, and I’m fairly advanced in terms of vocab. Relatively.

I can speak a tad Japanese I copied from anime (like, who can’t, lmao), as well as traces of Italian (from my school trip to Rome).

I spell a lot of czech words wrong and being away for years at a time certainly does not help that. It makes more sense then you think

mandarin is perfect for whenever you feel like visiting brutal communist dictatorships

also you I did not see you mention you knew canadian>?

tell him to skip berlin, its a hellish city and yes but only us eastern ones are OP

It will take plenty of practice, for English speakers its one of the hardest languages to learn. Though its place in American culture I assume would make it easier for some.

Learn Cantonese instead before the CCP tries to get rid of it

My Mother is from france, her parents fled Czechoslovakia when the soviets invaded and went to France.

she knows French fluently but we never really talked and I doubt she would have taught me.

well that’s half of the language right there, so your making good progress

I thought you were British, Ive wanted to learn dutch and it might make sense too, Ive heard it can help when you are trying to learn Afrikaans, but I have no plans of visiting the netherlands ill probably just jump to Afrikaans

if you visit my country, dont waste your time in Prague, it is just sad. especially if you had seen Prague 15 or so years ago in its glory

The General Chat Thread

I already did, actually. My parents agreed that staying there for more than two days would’ve not been quite as intriguing as some would believe ;P

prague was a nice city when i was a child but that was a long time ago and now its western spy city

if you ever visit again you need to to the eastern part of my country. Ostrava in particular

Silesia and Moravia are two best regions in my country. They have the best things my country has to offer such as the cheapest beer, beautiful castles and mountains and me(not atm though).

you forgot about russia

is not a meme its litteraly hello in russian

сука блядь on the other hand is a meme and when you think about it in russian it makes no sense

I forgot about them because they are not a candidate

It may be a meme and not make much sense but like a lot cuss words logic is thrown out the window and people use it

People use BLIN! as a cuss word and blin is a pancake